• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under the CAP in 0 days - Wednesday 3/16
Tick Tick

Hunter????

Theilan???

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 1h
And as has been widely discussed #Vikings Danielle Hunter's contract in current form becomes guaranteed Sunday with $18M signing bonus, $1.4M base & cap number of $25.838M. But $18 million can be converted to signing bonus without needing Hunter consent to save $13.5M on 2022 cap

Also known as the Bill Cosby clause.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 1h
And as has been widely discussed #Vikings Danielle Hunter's contract in current form becomes guaranteed Sunday with $18M signing bonus, $1.4M base & cap number of $25.838M. But $18 million can be converted to signing bonus without needing Hunter consent to save $13.5M on 2022 cap

I was just going to ask about this,  why are they fucking around?  if they intend to keep him then convert it already and get on with it.  if they are afraid of that signing bonus move then they arent sold on him going forward and need to just move him and make it work.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 1h

I was just going to ask about this,  why are they fucking around?  if they intend to keep him then convert it already and get on with it.  if they are afraid of that signing bonus move then they arent sold on him going forward and need to just move him and make it work.
It's kind of a mystery. Maybe the new head trainer isn't willing to commit on long term medical outlook. Maybe they are trying to trade him to Buffalo and they can't agree to a long term deal. Geoff mentioned it's a bit complicated, but on the surface, 3 hours from the deadline, shit or get off the pot.

@JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 1h

It's kind of a mystery. Maybe the new head trainer isn't willing to commit on long term medical outlook. Maybe they are trying to trade him to Buffalo and they can't agree to a long term deal. Geoff mentioned it's a bit complicated, but on the surface, 3 hours from the deadline, shit or get off the pot.
the scenario I keep seeing is if they go ahead and convert it,  he gets paid now,  its applied to our cap for the next "X" years,  and he still wants that raise and could just sit out anyway and demand a trade... and we are still stuck with that 18 in dead cap as well as having it all roll into the current year.   

They had to know this was on the horizon with Hunter, if we are going to end up either grossly overpaying him ( same argument I had with the cousins deal ),  or dumping him,  IMO get off the train now,  his most recent 2 years suggest its more of a risk than with most players and the team needs to be weighing that heavily.

@JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 1h

That's where I'm at. I'm not as annoyed at the lack of signing guys, I'm more annoyed at the lack of restructures and releases. We know something is going to happen with Thielen and Hunter, just freaking do it already. We don't know what will happen to the others over $10MM per year, but just do the obvious two already.

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
Just talked to cap analyst Jason Fitzgerald. Has #Vikings at $256,428 under cap counting Pierce release, Cousins extension, a Hicks signing, Joseph tender. And they could hold off on signing Harrison Phillips. So the Vikings don't have to do anything today if they don't want to.

Oh FFS.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not counting Jordan Hicks, who hasn't officially signed, #Vikings would be $3.05 million under cap now So it looks as if Vikings are safely under cap if they don't sign Harrison Phillips right away & they could delay Hicks if they wanted Can buy time to sort out Smith, Hunter etc

[Image: v8xcjsu19l8k.jpeg]
Looks like the Vikings have prepared another top secret offer…  Wink :p  

Let me know when I am supposed to get excited Smile