Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Is Totally Out Of Control
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
imagine what $5 diesel is going to do to the cost of food,  from farming to shipping,  lots of diesel goes into what we eat.

The diesel is a big deal but again the price on the sign right now is inflated by a ton. (10-15%ish)
Its the lack of fertilizer, chemicals, and crops being planted in the Ukraine that should keep you up at night.  Urea is +$750/ton right now.  It was $200ish.
I sold my cows last spring... damn glad I am not trying to pencil out $6 corn again without the beef price following suit,  those were damn lean times. 

I paid $5.15 a gallon here in California today. Joe Biden shutting down the keystone pipeline and all our oil independence as one of his first acts as president has come back to bite him in the ass just like everything he's fucked up since being elected. FJB...that is all..

[Image: gas-pump-financing-now-available.jpg?res...C511&ssl=1]

[Image: if-win-lotto-signs-full-tank-gas.jpg?res...C428&ssl=1]

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I paid $5.15 a gallon here in California today. Joe Biden shutting down the keystone pipeline and all our oil independence as one of his first acts as president has come back to bite him in the ass just like everything he's fucked up since being elected. FJB...that is all..
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/09/us/po...n-gas.html

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:

Keystone was designed to send oil from Canada through the united states and into a duty free port near Houston.  Yes, it would have supplied more oil.  No it isn't the cause of the heightened prices.  If the Canadians were really worried about getting their oil to market they could have pipelined it to British Columbia.  Paid the taxes and gotten it to market. 

What really screwed the pooch was the closing of all drilling/extracting on Federal land.  And since the .gov owns damn near all the land west of the Mississippi, that's quite a bit of our oil producing capacity. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Keystone was designed to send oil from Canada through the united states and into a duty free port near Houston.  Yes, it would have supplied more oil.  No it isn't the cause of the heightened prices.  If the Canadians were really worried about getting their oil to market they could have pipelined it to British Columbia.  Paid the taxes and gotten it to market. 

What really screwed the pooch was the closing of all drilling/extracting on Federal land.  And since the .gov owns damn near all the land west of the Mississippi, that's quite a bit of our oil producing capacity. 
and like others have said,  its not about shortages, its about speculation and the people that make a living in that industry are not comforted when the new guy in charge immediately starts off declaring war on their way of life make them nervous for their futures and thus they get very bullish.

the keystone XL was also going to be picking up oil in western ND and eastern MT oil fields (Bakkens),  as well as getting oil moving from the Cushing OK area where the existing pipelines are not large enough to get the oil out of there.  yes it would have benefitted the canadians, but it also would have benefitted American production as well.  and while yes,  the gulf is key to exporting,  it is also home to a very very large industry that uses the refinery by products and takes them from waste to usable materials like plastic resins and other things.  you could build refineries in other locations,  but then you would still have to ship these by-products to these other locations for processing.  because of the existing mfg in place in the gulf,  as well as the shipping infrastructure in place from there to not only foreign markets,  but to redistribute to the rest of the US,  IMO it makes sense to get the oil down there and redistribute from there,  however when you look at what we all get from that part of the country,  and the weather that they are known for... its really putting to many eggs in one basket.  there was an effort about 10+ years ago to build a massive refinery in SE SD,  but that got killed pretty damn fast by the NIMBY crowd.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I can't post files like this. Was it some said?

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I can't post files like this. Was it some said?
Huh?  

I can't post any saved files in sensitive topics.