Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Basically every single candidate to date for DC has been a 3-4 guy.

Anyone still think we aren't moving to a 3-4?

#3 in points allowed last year...traded Von for a 2 and a 4...
If we do switch to a 3-4, we'll obviously add players that fit it, but given our current players (under contract), what might that look like?

Tomlinson - Pierce -Watts
Hunter - Kendricks - ?? - Wonnum/Jones II

Seems an awkward fit for our current defense. I'm sure Hunter would be good in whatever defense you put him in, but in my mind, he's a prototype 4-3 DE. Does this foretell a trade?
I think if you can get a slightly richer deal than the Broncos got for Miller, you pull the trigger. Sorry @Nichelle. But, 8 games out of the last 33 and looking for a payday isn't a good look.

I think we could run a 3-4 with Pierce playing shade, Tomlinson as 3T, Watts as 5i. Wonnum and Hunter on the edges. JRob or Jones III if Hunter moves on. Kendricks and Lynch inside. Sarratt over Jabril Cox looks worse and worse.
I know you didn't like the Surratt pick, but I still have high hopes for him. That pick was 100% project. You like to get boom or bust projects like that a little later than the 3rd round, but there was a big buzz about him after dominating at LB for UNC. Don't know if any player was on more sleeper lists. He'll have to show it this year though. 
for a team that was supposedly super bowl ready,  but really void of talent at a lot of depth positions,  IMO taking sleepers in the third with no second round pick was a huge mistake.  time may prove me wrong, but we could have used a contributor last year from that pick instead of a player with high potential, but nothing today.
I tend to agree with this. The book isn't closed on Surratt but they'll need to see strides taken into Year 2 with him. He's not playing to his athleticism, thinking too much and that's because he's fairly green at LB in general. Its more cerebral in the NFL and that's what makes or breaks these guys.
Maybe I am missing the back-story, but why don't we like Surratt? He never was going to play last year. Long-term he actually has a decent chance to get on the field and I tend to like what he did in college quite a bit. He's a good example of a guy the media was low on but NFL teams were high on. So on the outside it "feels" like a reach but really he would have gone within the next 5-10 picks. 
Passed on a more ready Jabril Cox is a big part. Best part of his game was coverage, which would have served us well.

Surratt would be the 1st LB to start in the NFL with arms shorter than ~30". 

Not a fan.
I wanted Jabril Cox as well. Surratt made no sense when we all knew it was make or break for Zimmer and we also had a sense that it was make or break for Spielman. Hindsight is always 2020 and we don't know how they ranked their big board but the Surratt pick was a giant head scratcher for me. 

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
I wanted Jabril Cox as well. Surratt made no sense when we all knew it was make or break for Zimmer and we also had a sense that it was make or break for Spielman. Hindsight is always 2020 and we don't know how they ranked their big board but the Surratt pick was a giant head scratcher for me. 
Not familiar with Cox, looks like he had 2 tackles this year before going out for the year after the game against us, so doesn't seem like it is definitive that he was a slam dunk or better pick at this point.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Not familiar with Cox, looks like he had 2 tackles this year before going out for the year after the game against us, so doesn't seem like it is definitive that he was a slam dunk or better pick at this point.  

Cox was dominating for NDSU then transferred to LSU his senior season.  I think he did well there too, but didn't really make the impact for Dallas that some Fargo people thought/hoped he would.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
So, you're not familiar with him, but you can draw a conclusion on him. 

Sound reasoning.

@"JR44" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:

Sound reasoning.
Well 2 tackles last year isnt exactly eye popping

So if Kwesi’s first two hires are lilly-white Irish KOC and lilly-white Donatell, when do we dub Kwesi “uncle tom adofo-mensah”? 

KOC & Donatell?
while Flores and Caldwell languish?

SHAME!

@"JR44" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:

Sound reasoning.
Who is drawing a conclusion, seems like you are the one making all of the assumptions here.  I said I was not familiar with him, from your remarks it sounded like he must have been a pro bowler so I looked him up and  saw he only had 2 tackles, so the facts are that he is not a proven player and we do not know who the better player will be at this point.  

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
So if Kwesi’s first two hires are lilly-white Irish KOC and lilly-white Donatell, when do we dub Kwesi “uncle tom adofo-mensah”? 

KOC & Donatell?

SHAME!
lol, yep... And honestly, you see the hypocrisy with the media in these instances. But the Vikings will get a free pass because of hiring the KAMster. 

But lets not also act like their isn't something rotten in the state of Denmark with some white billionaires and their hiring practices.

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:

KOC & Donatell?

SHAME!
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"savannahskol" said:

KOC & Donatell?

SHAME!
lol, yep... And honestly, you see the hypocrisy with the media in these instances. But the Vikings will get a free pass because of hiring the KAMster. 

But lets not also act like their isn't something rotten in the state of Denmark with some white billionaires and their hiring practices.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph...You both got it all very wrong...

Donatell has got to be a paisano, no?