Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giants DC Pat Graham to interview for Viking's HC job
Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@supafreak84 said:
Might as well interview Andre Patterson while they are at it. He's at least been here, done an incredible job, and is deserving of interviewing.
You can't get a more David Culley career arc than Andre Patterson. They're basically mirror images.
@supafreak84 said:
Might as well interview Andre Patterson while they are at it. He's at least been here, done an incredible job, and is deserving of interviewing.
You can't get a more David Culley career arc than Andre Patterson. They're basically mirror images.

In what way?
Patterson's first 16 years in the NFL= DL coach
Culley first 17 years in the NFL = WR coach

Ok...I'm not advocating for Dre to be head coach but I think he would at least be as deserving or more than this guy from the Giants to interview. I think we could all agree Dre should have gotten the defensive coordinator job over lil Zimm, but we all knew how that was going to go

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Ivy Leaguers stick together, and new Minnesota GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah (Princeton) is a big fan of Patrick Graham (Yale), a 13-year NFL assistant who also interviewed for the #Giants head coaching job.

Skull and Bones shit.
Yea, not liking this thought-process at all.  Giants have been crap for years and are not real known to be pumping out good coaches.  Is this guy from the Shumur tree or Joe Judge??

I am pulling for Morris or O'Connell at this point.  

This will be Kwesi's first big decision and even this look-see makes me Kwesi.  
Tree

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/c...rahPa0.htm

Still No Smile
Ya'll better get ready for some unconventional thinking. I'd say KAM is more likely to hire his guy based on leadership, strategic and philosophical alignment than whatever his record might have been with a terrible team. There are a thousand different factors that go into that. 
And ya know what? I don't disagree with that approach. The whole idea behind analytics is to look beyond the surface results. 
Honestly, it looks like cronyism to me.

@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Ivy Leaguers stick together, and new Minnesota GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah (Princeton) is a big fan of Patrick Graham (Yale), a 13-year NFL assistant who also interviewed for the #Giants head coaching job.

Skull and Bones shit.
Yea, not liking this thought-process at all.  Giants have been crap for years and are not real known to be pumping out good coaches.  Is this guy from the Shumur tree or Joe Judge??

Tree

Still No Smile
Ya'll better get ready for some unconventional thinking. I'd say KAM is more likely to hire his guy based on leadership, strategic and philosophical alignment than whatever his record might have been with a terrible team. There are a thousand different factors that go into that. 
And ya know what? I don't disagree with that approach. The whole idea behind analytics is to look beyond the surface results. 
I am with you there. More like ..."let me find a way to justify this 'unpopular' decision".
Anyway, my approach has been not to criticize the thought process. I'll wait and see the results and then ask questions.

@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Skull and Bones shit.

Tree

Still No Smile

Because they both went to Ivy League schools? Man, that's a stretch. 

looks to me like Kwesi is just sharpening up his interview skills on someone he knows the Vikings will never hire. Wink

no one else is considering Graham for HC. so its prob good due dilligence on DCs. I hope

Maybe it's buying time until a team in the playoffs is eliminated. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Maybe it's buying time until a team in the playoffs is eliminated. 
I hope so.

KAM is sharpening his interviewer skills so hes not nervous for the real ones.... this is just practice.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Skull and Bones shit.

Tree

Still No Smile

So I'm all good with "analyzing" things.  But wins/losses should be one of those numbers they look at.  As should yards/game.  The Giants were a bottom 1/3rd D last year.