Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mensah to the Wilfs right now:
So the rumor is they cancelled his flight last night, had a private party in the back room of Manny's Steakhouse.....so maybe an announcement is coming this morning.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
I thought I read somewhere over the past couple of days that there might be a Ryans-Mensah connection. Please make it so…
Mensah was with the 49'ers in Research, so he knows Ryans from when he joined the 49'ers in 2017.  Mensah joined the Browns in 2020 as the VP of player operations.
while Ryans is finishing up his first year as a DC after Saleh went to be HC with the Jets.  

If the Vikings go with the Mensah/Ryans combo I would not be overly thrilled to be honest.  But I am just throwing darts along with the rest of us and the Wilf's know what they want to create.

Mensah has 2 years of Executive exp and 7 years as a R&D guy for the 49'ers - not even sure what that position was?
Ryans has 1 year as a DC.  

Youth and inexperience IMO.

Aye, that it would be...

Key in that situation (I guess any of em) is to surround yourself with great staff...

The flip-side is a little bit what Zimmer/RS did in 21 - experienced GM/HC & inexperienced coordinators. 

What they were doing barely sniffed .500 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
$$$$$$$
I wonder how much they still owe Zim & Rick.
Lots.
Zygmunt might have to sell the solid gold commode out of his Park Avenue penthouse to pay them off :p

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
I thought I read somewhere over the past couple of days that there might be a Ryans-Mensah connection. Please make it so…
Mensah was with the 49'ers in Research, so he knows Ryans from when he joined the 49'ers in 2017.  Mensah joined the Browns in 2020 as the VP of player operations.
while Ryans is finishing up his first year as a DC after Saleh went to be HC with the Jets.  

If the Vikings go with the Mensah/Ryans combo I would not be overly thrilled to be honest.  But I am just throwing darts along with the rest of us and the Wilf's know what they want to create.

Mensah has 2 years of Executive exp and 7 years as a R&D guy for the 49'ers - not even sure what that position was?
Ryans has 1 year as a DC.  

Youth and inexperience IMO.

Aye, that it would be...

Key in that situation (I guess any of em) is to surround yourself with great staff...

The flip-side is a little bit what Zimmer/RS did in 21 - experienced GM/HC & inexperienced coordinators. 

What they were doing barely sniffed .500 
It was only the last 2 years of 8 that we had inexperienced coordinators.  

Zimmer hires a lot of experienced coordinators who were former HCs in his first 6 years.

My comment above is if we go with Kwesi/Ryans combo - very inexperienced for their potential positions.  There will be a good amount of miscues the first year or two, so the mob needs to be prepared for what might not be perfectionSmile   - IMO.