Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watson to the Vikings???
Quote: @"comet52" said:
Will Wilf want Watson and his wandering weiner?
Wonder a while won't we.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"Skodin" said:
I mean Watson to Minnesota makes sense

Hes a franchise QB you build around, he’s mobile so if your OL sucks you can still win (Case in 17), and you have weapons to surround him unlike hes ever had. 

Watson-Cook-Kene-JJ-Adam-Osborne-ISM-Irv-Conk?????!!!   Plus two young locked in quality tackles?

That is a OCs dream
Getting Watson would be a dream!  

It probably would take a package of Cousins, Hunter, a 2023 1st, and 2022 2nd (maybe reverse the picks) to get him.

It also would take Watson waiving his no trade clause.
It would also potentially alienate our female fanbase, and most of our male fanbase, assuming he'd be able to play at all...!

Not just no, but HELL no.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"Skodin" said:

Hes a franchise QB you build around, he’s mobile so if your OL sucks you can still win (Case in 17), and you have weapons to surround him unlike hes ever had. 

Watson-Cook-Kene-JJ-Adam-Osborne-ISM-Irv-Conk?????!!!   Plus two young locked in quality tackles?

That is a OCs dream

It probably would take a package of Cousins, Hunter, a 2023 1st, and 2022 2nd (maybe reverse the picks) to get him.

It would also potentially alienate our female fanbase, and most of our male fanbase, assuming he'd be able to play at all...!

It would be a PR nightmare. He's radioactive. He'd of been traded by now if he wasn't. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"Skodin" said:

That is a OCs dream

It would be a PR nightmare. He's radioactive. He'd of been traded by now if he wasn't. 
He'd have to resolve the legal stuff then do major image rehab, counseling, etc to get another shot. 

My opinion on this probably isn’t going to be popular, but if there was any way in hell to get Watson (assuming of course that his legal troubles were resolved and he’d wave the big bad clause) I would want to do it. A strong new leadership team (new GM and HC) could help rehab his image, IMO. Somehow, I could believe that Watson may wave that clause knowing he’d be throwing to JJ, Thielen and KJ and handing the ball off to Cook. The new leadership team would be pivotal in every way imaginable to make this happen.

I don’t like what Watson has been accused of any more than anyone, but at what point are you willing to give an uber talented player like him another chance? If you feel strong enough about the people you’ve hired to run your team, and you have strength in your organization and believe you absolutely can rehab his image, then you’d be quite stupid not to go after him….

….Just the opinion of 1 Vikings fan who wants to see a SB win before she’s dead…

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
My opinion on this probably isn’t going to be popular, but if there was any way in hell to get Watson (assuming of course that his legal troubles were resolved and he’d wave the big bad clause) I would want to do it. A strong new leadership team (new GM and HC) could help rehab his image, IMO. Somehow, I could believe that Watson may wave that clause knowing he’d be throwing to JJ, Thielen and KJ and handing the ball off to Cook. The new leadership team would be pivotal in every way imaginable to make this happen.

I don’t like what Watson has been accused of any more than anyone, but at what point are you willing to give an uber talented player like him another chance? If you feel strong enough about the people you’ve hired to run your team, and you have strength in your organization and believe you absolutely can rehab his image, then you’d be quite stupid not to go after him….

….Just the opinion of 1 Vikings fan who wants to see a SB win before she’s dead…
Here's something about him that I find truly fascinating, in terms of context:

His last full season: 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 4-12, some people are ready to trade the world and pay him likewise to get him.

Cousins last season:  33 TDs, 7 INTs, 7-9, defense gave away many games, "trade him, he can't perform under pressure!!!".

Yes, folks, we live in this world.

@"prairieghost" said:

His last full season: 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 4-12, some people are ready to trade the world and pay him likewise to get him.

Cousins last season:  33 TDs, 7 INTs, 7-9, defense gave away many games, "trade him, he can't perform under pressure!!!".

Point taken, but there are plenty of folks advocating to trade Cousins without having any sort of plan at QB. I’m not one of those people, but I am not against exploring this hypothetical option. Realistically, at least at this point, the probability of it even becoming a legitimate option seems completely unlikely. 

@"prairieghost" said:

It is interesting that you left out their ages.

Watson did that in his 4th season at the age of 25.

Cousins did that in his 10th season at the age of 33.

Watson had David Johnson & Duke Johnson as his backs, Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller, Randall Cobb, and Jordan Akins as his receivers. His line was ranked 23rd in 2021.

Cousins had Dalvin Cook & Alexander Mattison as his backs, Thielen, JJ, Osborn, and Conklin as his receivers. His line was ranked 23rd in 2020.

What did Cousins do in his actual 4th season at age 27? 29 TDs, 11 INTs, 9-7.

Comparing the two at different ages and different seasons played is not useful.

If we're going to give up 3 firsts +, shouldn't the QB raise up the squad?

His line was 23rd? But, he's a runner/elusive, should that matter?

@"prairieghost" said:

Hey, way to cherry pick stats...  Watson also led the Texans to 10 and 11 wins the two years prior...  Made the playoffs twice in his first 4 seasons...  

Kirk has led the Vikings to one playoff appearance in 4 seasons despite having a top 5 defense in 2018 and 2019... And took the Redskins to the playoffs once in his 4 years stating there...