Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG
Quote: @JR44 said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
Love seeing this take, hope that it helps to opens up a lot of close minded takes on the subject

https://twitter.com/KyleBrandt/status/1773331495513366667?s=20
Not sure Kyle Brandt is going to open my eyes up about anything. But for me, I'm ok with a lot of stuff....but not everything. And here's the great part: Caleb Williams doesn't give two shits what StickyBun has to say about anything. And he shouldn't. And an important part: if he or anyone else were sitting next to me at an event or a restaurant, I wouldn't say a thing. He deserves to be out in the world, unmolested, without people telling them what they think. About anything. 

But guess what? I get to think whatever the hell it is that I want to think privately. 
True and I agree, just as everyone should be free to be whatever they want to be, everyone also has the right to have their own beliefs.  I will say that living in LA as opposed to a previous smaller city, has exposed me to so many various types of individuals and lifestyles and the more you experience things from someone's else's view the more it does open you up to appreciating and respecting the way they are.  It is really a wonderful feeling to be able to see others who are completely different than you, some who without the knowledge of knowing them you would have had inaccurate negative beliefs about and to be able to truly see them, appreciate them and respect them.  I spent some time with a friend recently from my home town who made a pretty judgmental comment about someone being gay and I thought to myself that I may be likely to share his view without my experiences and so grateful that my mind and heart are so much more expansive than they use to be.  
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." -- Mark Twain.