Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNOWMEGGODDON!
Snomeggeddon was when South Buffalo was hit wit 7 feet of snow over 24 hours a few years ago.  They laugh at 12 - 18 inches.  Now I realize 12 inches will shut down the Carolinas, but C'mon "snomeggeddon"?

I had friends that had to climb out their 2nd story windows to get out of their homes.  It took 4 -5 days to clear the roads to homes.

SE tends to get a lot of ice with their snow - more than we'll typically see up here in Canada (I mean MN).  It'll shut down s hit in a heart-beat. Good news down there is it melts in a day or 2. 

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
We got about 6 inches yesterday (I think) and early this morning in Iowa City. I dont have a snowblower so that was fun to shovel
You live in Iowa and no snow-blower??

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
We got about 6 inches yesterday (I think) and early this morning in Iowa City. I dont have a snowblower so that was fun to shovel
We recently moved and my wife hoarded a bunch of stuff we don't need. I told her we can get a snowblower once she sells it. Moved in June, things were posted on facebook marketplace this weekend :-)

@"Hawkvike25" said:

Here in Arizona we don't need snow-blowers...but we have millions of rock rakes though.

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
We recently moved and my wife hoarded a bunch of stuff we don't need. I told her we can get a snowblower once she sells it. Moved in June, things were posted on facebook marketplace this weekend :-)
So let me get this straight...

No snowblower till the wife gets rid of a bunch of stuff (my wife is a hoarder too) -- but you're the one shoveling?

I personally hate shoveling snow, but chopping grass I find relaxing. 

Quote: @"rf54" said:
Snomeggeddon was when South Buffalo was hit wit 7 feet of snow over 24 hours a few years ago.  They laugh at 12 - 18 inches.  Now I realize 12 inches will shut down the Carolinas, but C'mon "snomeggeddon"?

I had friends that had to climb out their 2nd story windows to get out of their homes.  It took 4 -5 days to clear the roads to homes.
The TV coverage would lead you to believe its the end if days here.

Quote: @"rf54" said:

Yeah, been plowing for 2 months now.  It was chains only to get up my mountain, even with 4x4.  Heavy snow, then a day of rain and freezing temps put a serious sheet of ice on the road.  Weather finally broke this last week and I was able to break up the ice with the bucket on the tractor.  I have spent over 20 hours on my tractor this winter and a few in the truck with a plow.

@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:

No snowblower till the wife gets rid of a bunch of stuff (my wife is a hoarder too) -- but you're the one shoveling?

We actually do it together, which prompted the listings

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:

We actually do it together, which prompted the listings
Dayum - that's a keeper!