Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odds On The Next HC
Quote: @Lee 19 said:
@Skodin said:
Funny how Lee posts this regarding Bieniemy (black coach) as well as he doesn't want Dungy as GM (black gm) because he will be focused on getting a "black coach"

Bro, your racism is fucking ugly
Racism is picking someone not qualified simply to fulfill a quota pumped up by liberal media. Leslie Frazier was fired twice as a defensive coordinator, once in Cincinnati and once in Tampa Bay. And McDermott effectively runs Buffalo defense. But the media and NFL handlers pump him up. Same with Bienemy who is a gloried running backs coach. I have no problem hiring the best candidate period, regardless of color. But bending over backwards to hire a minority is wrong too, Cookie.
I want to comment on this....
Quote: @Lee 19 said:Leslie Frazier was fired twice as a defensive coordinator, once in Cincinnati and once in Tampa Bay. And McDermott effectively runs Buffalo defense. But the media and NFL handlers pump him up. Same with Bienemy who is a gloried running backs coach.
  1. S. McDermott  was fired as a DC by the Eagles in 2011
  2. Frazier has helped two teams win a Superbowl (bears as a player and Colts as a DB coach and assistant to head coach). But I guess you'd say he was just lucky. Frazier's firing at Cincy was not because of results. His defense was actually one of the best. Read here. Regarding the Bucs role that is semantics. Lovie was the head coach that was fired and given Frazier was part of Lovie's staff he was not retained. He joined the Ravens as their secondary coach immediately after and later the Bills. 
  3. I have shown on this board how Bienemy has been and is doing more than what Nagy and Pedersen did while with the Chiefs but it fits your narrative to call him a "gloried" running backs coach
The more you talk, the more your bias shows. The only bending that has been happening here is from people like you looking for obscure excuses to justify over scrutinizing a candidate because he is black.

FYI: I am not in favor of either EB or Frazier getting the Vikings job. 

The best coaches the Vikings ever had were Grant and Green. They both had previous head coaching experience. As new Mets owner Steve Cohen has said, “ I’m not into people learning on my dime”. So I’m in favor of someone with previous head coaching experience. And I don’t care about color. That means not restricting choice just to white guys. It also means not caving into diversity worshippers and picking someone to make the CNN crowd happy. Get it?

As for Dungy, if a white analyst got on tv and mentioned all his top choices, and they were all white, he would be criticized for lack of diversity and be labeled racist. But Tony NEVER mentions a white guy when mentioning his choices. So how is that any less racist?

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
As for Dungy, if a white analyst got on tv and mentioned all his top choices, and they were all white, he would be criticized for lack of diversity and be labeled racist. But Tony NEVER mentions a white guy when mentioning his choices. So how is that any less racist?
This is a packed statement. On the surface one may agree with what you are saying but you need to go deeper 
  1. As far as I know, Tony has not put out a list of top choices (I stand corrected).
  2. Tony typically suggests a candidate for a job when his opinion is asked. Example:https://twitter.com/J_A_Foster/status/1471497251633577994?s=20
  3. When he provides what he considers as good candidates his choices are usually black coaches (I assume this is what you are referring to). That does seem worrisome till you look at the profile of the candidates. Examples:
    • Jim Caldwell and Leslie Frazier: 
      • All have coached with him thus he can talk about their potential and character. He is better placed to judge them that someone writing an article 
      • Both have been head coaches before with "some" degree of success.
      • Both have the qualifications to be considered for a head coach
      • Both have a long history of coaching and developing players and building teams
    • Eric Bienemy and Byron Leftwich
      • They are coordinators that have put in their time (in some cases more than others that have been hired from this position)
      • They work for winning teams and have statistically improved their teams / position groups
      • They have shown that they can evolve with the game
      • Coordinators from their teams have been hired in the past and near past for head coaching jobs
      • These two have been the only coordinators in the recent past that have not been hired away from these teams after steller seasons despite expanded roles than prior coordinators 
  4. When you look at the points in 2 above, what Tony is doing is advocating for his "kind" who are also very qualified yet do not have a fair shake like many others. We all know the names that pop up of "hot" candidates (who always happen to be white) with little to no coaching/leadership experience let alone NFL experience.
  5. If you were to replace the names of the people above on their prospective teams with typical white names would there be any hesitation about their qualification?
Lastly, being qualified is just one step to being hired. You still have to:
  1. Interview well
  2. Be the right fit
  3. Demonstrate how you would elevate the team with a plan for the future
And when all is said and done you hope the decision is made based on your body of work

So let me guess Lee, you call your car the “General,” right…!?  Wink 

Quote: @Kentis said:

If my memory hasn't faded away yet, it could be Bobby Lee #19, backup to Fran Tarkington during the 70s.

I will be shocked if it isn't Doug Pederson. Though there are some other good candidates as well.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Kentis said:

If my memory hasn't faded away yet, it could be Bobby Lee #19, backup to Fran Tarkington during the 70s.

Howard Cosell always called him General Lee.

Quote: @kmillard said:
I will be shocked if it isn't Doug Pederson. Though there are some other good candidates as well.

I got no issues with D. Pederson, none.

But I'm just the opposite, I have a feeling the new HC is going to be someone we might not have expected.

Just a gut feel, especially with the GM unknown for now. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:

I got no issues with D. Pederson, none.

But I'm just the opposite, I have a feeling the new HC is going to be someone we might not have expected.

Just a gut feel, especially with the GM unknown for now. 

I could be happy with 4 of the candidates for sure. Hope they do their due diligence on Kevin O'Connell. Worried about the potential GM though. The wilfs should be involved in the hiring, as I don't trust Andrew Miller to get it right.