Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick And Mike Out

Wow. End of an era. Hopefully it’s onward and upward. Skol

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I'm not surprised at all RS is gone.  No way can the recent FA signings that haven't panned out be blamed all on Zim for not "coaching them up".  The FA DL and DB rebuild headed by RS was a bust.  Also, we lost a 4th round pick for a TE rarely used.  Rick whiffs big as often or more than he hits HRs, IMO.
It wasn't surprising to me either if you look at the entirety of his tenure here.  I mean we can focus on some of his good draft classes, but at the end of the day...  he was in control of the 53-man roster (not Zimmer) and we have had recurring issues at key spots for years, we lacked vision on how to address those areas, and most importantly I think Rick lost sight of what a Zimmer team was and how we were successful in his first four years here.  It was time for a change.

Cleaning house was necessary. It's time for fresh eyes and a new approach.

I think Zimmer would have been fine with a mediocre QB, strong running game and a top tier D forever....

Man, that's a lot of $ the Wilfs just ate in guaranteed salary across those 2. I think it was $15m for Zimmer alone, no idea regarding RS

I am surprised they didnt kick Rick to somewhere else in the org. 

I too wonder who is guiding their decisions.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
I'm surprised but not shocked that Rick is out.

He probably regrets not returning my calls now.
MF ghosted me too. 

One good decision, one bad. Vikings .500 so far in the off season. Par for the course I guess. 

Now if the Wilfs REALLY want to piss me off, hire Josh McDaniels and give him personnel control. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I think Zimmer would have been fine with a mediocre QB, strong running game and a top tier D forever....

Man, that's a lot of $ the Wilfs just ate in guaranteed salary across those 2. I think it was $15m for Zimmer alone, no idea regarding RS

I am surprised they didnt kick Rick to somewhere else in the org. 

I too wonder who is guiding their decisions.
I wonder if Brez and Stephenson are brought in to guide Mark and Zygi.