Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last game of the Mike Zimmer era in Minnesota?
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
[Image: o4g4zlyqlvrg.jpeg]

He's aged. A bit.
Lol, you beat me to it...

[Image: Vikings_Mike_Zimmer_sees_progress_with_t...052015.jpg]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Should be. But personally, I feel for him to some extent. Had a lot of bullshit happen in his tenure with the Vikings. I think being a HC for him is extremely stressful week to week, I'm sure its taken a toll. Don't think he's a bad coach necessarily, but the Vikings suffered for his learning curve as The Man. He has weaknesses for today's NFL I think. But at least the guy got 8 years in the big chair after it looked like that opportunity had slipped away. I would imagine a few teams would make him their D-coordinator in a heartbeat if he so chooses. He's 71-56-1 during the regular season going into tomorrow's game, so a winning NFL head coach. 

Although I believe this needs to be done (his firing), I'm a little melancholy about it writing his Viking eulogy. But onward and upward hopefully. 
I agree. Zimmer is a good coach and I like most of what he has done over the years. He has things that frustrate me like all the high picks on CBs and nothing to show for it, over reliance on the run, and the run, run, pass, punt cycle that the offense has got stuck in. He also led some of the best defenses we've had in a long time, the double A gap and overload blitz packages were amazing compared to the Tampa 2 we ran forever, he developed a lot of talent, and had to deal with salary cap Hell and all of the challenges related to Covid. I definitely don't have any animosity towards him, but I also feel it's time for a change and I am excited to see where the next coach can take this team. I think there is enough talent on the roster that a quick turnaround is possible and I definitely don't want to go into rebuilding mode.

I think for this day and age he is a terrible coach. He is rigid and cannot adapt to the way things are today. That will not work in today’s NFL. 

Put him out to pasture

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"FLVike" said:
You feel for him?
Don't forget about us fans that have been suffering here 50 years before Zim even got here.
You realize it'll never happen for us, right? We'll watch Green Bay win a Super Bowl this year and the sports universe keeps on keeping on.

I'm ready for Z to go, but I also empathize with his situation. I've already resigned myself to the fact my fandom will go unrequited. 

Green Bay will fail.
Yup. Rodgers will be out with covid

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
[Image: hucdhxvatt58.jpeg]

Soak it in.

[Image: jea-12857-Vikings-vs-Bears.jpg?w=498]