Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we played a real NFL team tonight we lose
The offense left points out there but they got a win. The defense made some key plays 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Meh...
one of the worst offensive game plans I've seen in a long, long while...
one of the worst Bears teams I've seen in a long, long while 

Vikings will probably play better vs Rams. They tend to play up or down to their opponents (most of the time). 

I'm curious to see how this .500 type Zimm team plays vs elite NFC talent the next 2 games. 
Probably. But either way, Viking fans will be pissy. Win ugly, fans pissy, focus not on W, but how we played. Lose pretty, fans pissy, focus not on how we played, but on L. Kick dog. 

This Bears team beat the Bengals and blew out the Raiders. Lost in Pittsburgh on the final play. It's an NFL team. At home. On prime time. Against whom we do not matchup well. MIssing players, but so were we. Offense played poorly, defense played well. Opposite of what we're used to. Either way, Vikings one step closer to playoffs. 
Regardless of what anyone thinks or feels, the Vikings are now the 7th seed in the playoffs and hold their own destiny in their hands (I believe). With games ahead against the Rams and Packers, if the Vikings were to get in, hard to argue they wouldn't deserve it. I would be shocked personally, but there's hope.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Meh...
one of the worst offensive game plans I've seen in a long, long while...
one of the worst Bears teams I've seen in a long, long while 

Vikings will probably play better vs Rams. They tend to play up or down to their opponents (most of the time). 

I'm curious to see how this .500 type Zimm team plays vs elite NFC talent the next 2 games. 
Probably. But either way, Viking fans will be pissy. Win ugly, fans pissy, focus not on W, but how we played. Lose pretty, fans pissy, focus not on how we played, but on L. Kick dog. 

This Bears team beat the Bengals and blew out the Raiders. Lost in Pittsburgh on the final play. It's an NFL team. At home. On prime time. Against whom we do not matchup well. MIssing players, but so were we. Offense played poorly, defense played well. Opposite of what we're used to. Either way, Vikings one step closer to playoffs. 
Regardless of what anyone thinks or feels, the Vikings are now the 7th seed in the playoffs and hold their own destiny in their hands (I believe). With games ahead against the Rams and Packers, if the Vikings were to get in, hard to argue they wouldn't deserve it. I would be shocked personally, but there's hope.
I do believe if WFT wins tonight, they bump up to #7 and push the Vikes out.

Not sure how you can say the D stepped up, that is a bad Bears team and their struggles are known inside the 20.  I think it was more of their O making our D look better than they really are.

Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:
Not sure how you can say the D stepped up, that is a bad Bears team and their struggles are known inside the 20.  I think it was more of their O making our D look better than they really are.

You mean besides holding the Bears to 3 points (minus the BS TD at the end).  Forcing 3 turnovers all while we had 61 passing yards against an entirely remade bears defensive backfield? 

The Vikings have 99 problems, the D wasn't 1 last night. 

About the only solid I took away from this game is Akiem Hicks would look stellar in purple…sigh…

I believe teams take on the personality of their coach.  Bears were an undisciplined mess much like their coach.  Vikings stubbornly played down to their competition and did not adjust to the competition weaknesses -- like their stubborn coach who has no killer instinct.

The Bears are probably rephrasing the OP thoughts:

If we played a real NFL team we would have lost by 20+

The Bears are a very bad football team that keeps getting worse.  Nagy will be gone and a new HC will have Fields to build around.  

We are going to be competing with the Bears in the HC market which starts in a couple weeks and when we play them the last game of the season.  

The Bears didn't just shoot themselves in the foot last night. They emptied a high capacity clip into one foot, reloaded, then emptied another clip. 

We will no doubt play better against the Rams. And that game will probably come down to a last minute score.

It was an ugly game, but the Vikings always struggle at Chicago, so it was nice to see them get a win. The OL had a bad game. Darrisaw was letting some pressure off of the edge, hopefully just due to him not being 100% and the interior line was eaten alive by Hicks. Chicago was double and even triple teaming Jefferson and between pressure from the pass rush and Osborn and Conklin not taking advantage of the mismatches, then it was really limiting the passing game. I do agree that Kubiak was falling back into the formula of run, run, pass, punt. I still wonder if that is more Zimmer than Kubiak, but it's a problem.

I thought that the DL had a strong game today and Brian Baldinger had a really nice breakdown of the line play. Sheldon Richardson has played really well at end, Pierce being healthy is a big difference, Tomlinson was looking good, and Wonnum was creating a lot of pressure and tallied 3 sacks. There were still some bad run defense, but a lot better than what we've seen most of the year.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1473...96545?s=20

Fields really needs to learn how to protect himself. He has a bad tendency to scramble backwards, which led to some huge losses. Even worse, he made some bizarre decisions like a high slide on the Kendricks hit and then taking a knee and quickly popping up near the goal line that led to him taking some huge hits that he did not need to. He can put together some nice stretches, but those hits are going to add up.