Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF, that cushion by the secondary....
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
Prevent defense damn near that whole last drive...They blitzed Smith once. 

3 2 point conversions missed.
I'm not opposed to their approach in their own territory, but you need to be more aggressive once you're inside your own 40 yard line. If anything else, you need to prevent them from getting out of bounds which happened multiple times. Isn't that the point of prevent defense, to bleed the clock? 

The bigger issue is that the Lions were discombobulated at the LOS and we called a TO to get in the our preferred defense which miserably failed. Dantzler is supposed to sand on the goal line and not go deeper than it. If Dantzler is in front of that route its a touch throw which allows Woods to get over and break it up. 
Geoff, what do you think?

Is this it for Zimmer's run @ HC here?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'm not opposed to their approach in their own territory, but you need to be more aggressive once you're inside your own 40 yard line. If anything else, you need to prevent them from getting out of bounds which happened multiple times. Isn't that the point of prevent defense, to bleed the clock? 

The bigger issue is that the Lions were discombobulated at the LOS and we called a TO to get in the our preferred defense which miserably failed. Dantzler is supposed to sand on the goal line and not go deeper than it. If Dantzler is in front of that route its a touch throw which allows Woods to get over and break it up. 

I still think he gets to finish the season unless the locker room quits on him. But today's loss probably sealed his fate long-term. 

@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:

I still think he gets to finish the season unless the locker room quits on him. But today's loss probably sealed his fate long-term. 
I'm ready for a change, but his demise doesnt bring me joy...Hope you are well and merry xmas to you! 

That last play was definitely a head shaker.  I was stunned by the ineptness.  

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'm ready for a change, but his demise doesnt bring me joy...Hope you are well and merry xmas to you! 
No joy but long overdue. It's time to move on.

@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:

Hey there! Long time no see

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:

Same to you and the family as well! Hope to be around a bit more again. Always seem to fall off after the draft but find my way back later in the season. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
That last play was definitely a head shaker.  I was stunned by the ineptness.  
Really?  I wasnt suprised in the least. I can send you our text thread with some buddies. We had that MF’er called 

and WTF was with those?  trying to run behind the interior of our OL,  that hasnt moved anything or anybody all season... lets add Fire Kubiak Now to the chants.

I thought he called the last two timeouts because he wanted to give his DL a breather so they would be fresh to rush, then we end up rushing only 3 and let a QB who is horrible under pressure have all day to throw.  No sense calling timeout and giving Lions more time to talk about it, if you are not doing it to rest your DL.  Have no idea why Woods and Smith are so deep in the end zone and Dantzler is just clueless on the play.