Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins melts under pressure, real or perceived
Quote: @Bullazin said:
@Mike Olson said:
LMFAO. Seriously?????

There are now AT LEAST 3 games cousins has put us in position to win the game in the 4th quarter with the others on the team or the coaches fucking it up.
Hey Cousins led teams always shit their pants. Maybe Im getting old and crotchety, but I’ll own this take over screaming for 4 years with every post that Zimmer sucks. 
Bwahahaha! How many points has hus defense given up this year? 

People conplain about cousins and the offense meanwhile we are giving up absurd points week in and week out. If you have a guru defensive coach you shouldn’t be giving up 30 points damn near every week.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
Oh good lord he is not why they lost 
no it's not...and if the D doesnt shit their pants the last drive?

this thread doesnt exist. 

To be fair i made the thread before halftime, right after Kirk had a huge pocket to step up into, but chose to go sideways and pansy a shovel pass into the dirt for a grounding penalty. 

Ive never said Kirk is the reason we lose, but he’s our most important and highest paid player, who has proven he  cannot elevate a team. 

LOFL!

Observation #9 in Vikings Loss at Detroit - Speaking of Cousins, he has led his team back 7 times this year in the 4th quarter to take the lead. His team (his defense) has lost 4 of the 7. That's not a loss on him.

The pure ignorance of these posts blaming Cousins as the D shits the bed over and over continues to amaze. 

Bunch of fucking morons.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
LOFL!

Observation #9 in Vikings Loss at Detroit - Speaking of Cousins, he has led his team back 7 times this year in the 4th quarter to take the lead. His team (his defense) has lost 4 of the 7. That's not a loss on him.

The pure ignorance of these posts blaming Cousins as the D shits the bed over and over continues to amaze. 

Bunch of fucking morons.
Hey BN , how the hell are ya?! 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/stat...8249300998

This is Cousin's fault??
This, like many over these past years and can laid at the feet of our defensive genius coach, Mike Zimmer.  Good only when it does not matter, but not prepared to make good decisions when it does matter. Cronin has it 100% correct.  No lead is safe with that kind of a defensive approach.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
His play in the first half certainly led to the deficit...  and I'm guessing no one noticed, but on the last drive Cousins left 10-12 seconds on the play clock on both 2nd and 3rd down with a running clock.  If he waits until it's under 3 seconds both times, the Lions don't have enough time for the last couple plays of the game... and the Vikings probably win.

Detroit scored the most points they have scored all year.....Kirk doesn't play defense. 

The result of the game is a accumulation of everything that happened in it, not just how it ended.  If Kubiak stopped calling so many WR screens on 3rd and long with no blockers, we probably win.  If Cousins played above backup caliber in the first half, we probably win.  If the defense played better on just the last drive, we probably win.  If the defense played better throughout the rest of the game, we probably win.
Cousins doesn't do average, competent football.  He either plays well or he sucks and it averages out to mediocre, but Zimmer's defense was very poorly schemed today.  I would have been blitzing constantly.  The last drive was a masterpiece of conservative ineptitude.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Vikergirl said:
His play in the first half certainly led to the deficit...  and I'm guessing no one noticed, but on the last drive Cousins left 10-12 seconds on the play clock on both 2nd and 3rd down with a running clock.  If he waits until it's under 3 seconds both times, the Lions don't have enough time for the last couple plays of the game... and the Vikings probably win.
Yep. Even more minor but also odd: when Detroit was driving at the very end, down four with about 45 seconds left, Kirk was studying the ipad. Not hanging with his teammates, not with his coaches, just watching film. This is nitpicking I know but there was literally 0% chance he’d come back in and do anything other than take a knee. Seems like being with the team would be more important in that moment then film study. JMO.

The defense and coaching are why we lost, NOT Kirk. And Kirk did a great job of feeding Jefferson today, but I don’t know. If the Vikings move on from him I won’t shed a tear. 

Quote: @medaille said:
The result of the game is a accumulation of everything that happened in it, not just how it ended.  If Kubiak stopped calling so many WR screens on 3rd and long with no blockers, we probably win.  If Cousins played above backup caliber in the first half, we probably win.  If the defense played better on just the last drive, we probably win.  If the defense played better throughout the rest of the game, we probably win.
Cousins doesn't do average, competent football.  He either plays well or he sucks and it averages out to mediocre, but Zimmer's defense was very poorly schemed today.  I would have been blitzing constantly.  The last drive was a masterpiece of conservative ineptitude.
Under this logic, why does any QB get credited with game winning drives to win games? Its all 'accumulation', right?? 

Yeah, Cousins does all kinds of football, including average. And he played well enough to for the Vikings to win this game.