Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent for Thielen, Ham and others
Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I would like to know who he considers to be a "decision maker."
...And Id LOVE to see HIS coaching resume.

Just shut the F up and collect your money based on someone else’s talent and hard work..

Leech

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@VikingOracle said:

Just shut the F up and collect your money based on someone else’s talent and hard work..

Leech
I would have to guess there is a fair amount of hustle required to be a sports agent.  Working the teams to get your players noticed,  or workouts if you are not with a team,   working to get them promotional revenue,  contract negotiations,  and likely a ton of travel,  not to mention dealing with legal and image ssues that seem to plague some athletes.  I would bet its a lot more difficult job than most would think.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@VikingOracle said:

Leech
I would have to guess there is a fair amount of hustle required to be a sports agent.  Working the teams to get your players noticed,  or workouts if you are not with a team,   working to get them promotional revenue,  contract negotiations,  and likely a ton of travel,  not to mention dealing with legal and image ssues that seem to plague some athletes.  I would bet its a lot more difficult job than most would think.
For sure. A decent agent is always trying to monetize his client. The more recognizable ones, the agent creates a brand. The lower level guys: local advertisement deals, endorsements, etc. Its not just contract negotiations. Setting them up with wealth management, fiscal responsibility, etc. Now you can only lead a horse to water, but a decent agent knows the window isn't open that long for these guys and they need to maximize their opportunities. Whether they take their advice is a different matter. They'll even try to set them up with a career after their sports careers are done.

IMO, If youre living off the blood of others, Keep your trap shut about the organization your “host” works for. Everyones an expert, (including us) but the problem is the real talent in this equation is being paid millions of dollars by the very organization you are trashing.

you dont bite the hand that feeds you, reckless, irresponsible, and immature.
you represent a player, who represents a team...NEITHER of you should be a distraction from the goal, just do your job and be a professional.

Like hearing Mahommes girlfriend whine all the time, STFU.

Incredibly immature move(s) by Baratz. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
IMO, If youre living off the blood of others, Keep your trap shut about the organization your “host” works for. Everyones an expert, (including us) but the problem is the real talent in this equation is being paid millions of dollars by the very organization you are trashing.

you dont bite the hand that feeds you, reckless, irresponsible, and immature.
you represent a player, who represents a team...NEITHER of you should be a distraction from the goal, just do your job and be a professional.

Like hearing Mahommes girlfriend whine all the time, STFU.
His players are frustrated,   its his job to be their voice and if the team they play for is fucking up then it's his job to make the noise.  This way the players image remains marketable.  IMO twitter is a retarded platform, but it seems to be soapbox of today that gets heard. 

@Vanguard83 said:
@VikingOracle said:

Leech

I call bullshit. You got a guy with the last name Ham and he's not the honey baked ham spokesman.  He's missing a big revenue stream.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@VikingOracle said:

Leech

I call bullshit. You got a guy with the last name Ham and he's not the honey baked ham spokesman.  He's missing a big revenue stream.
hes just not recognizable enough yet... 2 or 3 more dump off passes that get stoned on 3rd and long.... hes in like flynn.

Our offense, especially the skill players, have to be grinding their teeth.  Either KK has no idea how to deal with certain defenses (Dallas, Cleveland), or Zimmer has a severe leash on all involved.

We KNOW that Cousins, Thielen, JJ, Cook, KJ, etc are ambitious.  They like making monster plays, and do them fairly consistently...when they're called, and when they can.

After watching this season's pain-fest thus far, I'm laying it on the coaching more than anything else.  After that?  The o-line is still very iffy and Breeland is a disaster.

@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@VikingOracle said:

Leech

hes just not recognizable enough yet... 2 or 3 more dump off passes that get stoned on 3rd and long.... hes in like flynn.

Wait, Ham and stoned?......You've just 10x'ed his market cap.