Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s over . . Time to let go
Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Where are those great building blocks again? Going to leave the next regime with a rookie QB that looks like PS material, an aging Theilen, a broken offensive and defensive line, an overpaid, always injured OLB, underperforming corners, an old safety that hasn't made a play all year, and a good RB that's starting to show signs of wear?

This thing isn't getting fixed tomorrow, but I agree we CAN stop shooting ourselves in the foot, and make some needed changes. It's a total crap shoot the next regime will be any better.
That old safety was just signed to a 64M extension. Housecleaning needs to start at the top...

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I am not pissed at the refs. Refs are going to ref ball but we got some calls too. I want Zimmer gone. 16 points. Absolutely embarrassing.
Vikings offense was gifted 33,yards on that last 60 yard scoring drive, had 1st and goal from the 4 and settled for a FG. That is unacceptable.
Actually lost 7 yards in 3 plays.  Unreal.  From 1st and goal from the 4 to 3rd and goal at the 11.

Quote: @"Rigby" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
Where are those great building blocks again? Going to leave the next regime with a rookie QB that looks like PS material, an aging Theilen, a broken offensive and defensive line, an overpaid, always injured OLB, underperforming corners, an old safety that hasn't made a play all year, and a good RB that's starting to show signs of wear?

This thing isn't getting fixed tomorrow, but I agree we CAN stop shooting ourselves in the foot, and make some needed changes. It's a total crap shoot the next regime will be any better.
That old safety was just signed to a 64M extension. Housecleaning needs to start at the top...
Exactly! But who that GM/HC that takes over, we better be prepared for 3 years of gravel roads. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:

I think they're turning the corner with the OL, now they need time together, experience and an upgrade @ Center
I think KC can play a few more years if he's willing to give a bit on contract
Too early for me to judge Mond, but not counting on that one
The D needs re-tooling and they got a lot of guys on 1 years. 
100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

I think they're turning the corner with the OL, now they need time together, experience and an upgrade @ Center
100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

I think we have 2 O-tackles.
I agree on Cousins.
Mond was a giant reach who's never had great accuracy and plays like a robot.
The D has been in re-tooling mode Since we lost Phat Pat and the boys, and has slid further as the back end has become toothless.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

I agree on Cousins.
The D has been in re-tooling mode Since we lost Phat Pat and the boys, and has slid further as the back end has become toothless.
D been re-tooling since when?  Good lord . . talk about dramatic.  
2015, 2016, 2017, 2019 amazing defenses

Darrisaw, ONeil, Jefferson, Osborn, ISM, Cousins, Cook
Hunter, Tomlinson, Kendricks, 
Owners that want to spend
Facilities that are top notch

There is a lot to build off of here.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

I agree on Cousins.

Yah, there are definitely some pieces in Eagan. But the schemes and coaching have to change. 

Someone said the back 7 of the Vikings D has no bite, and I couldn't agree more. 

Why they signed Harry to that extension is as puzzling as Ngauwke and Herndon. 

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

I agree on Cousins.

I think you can cross Cook off that list of rocks to build upon.   I find it highly unlikely,  with the way he gets dinged up all the time,  that he will be much help in 2 years of so when this team is ready to compete again.  unload that contract and maybe add back a day 1 or early day 2 pick in the process IMO.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

@"mgobluevikes" said:

100% agree on Smith

I agree on Cousins.

I think you can cross Cook off that list of rocks to build upon.   I find it highly unlikely,  with the way he gets dinged up all the time,  that he will be much help in 2 years of so when this team is ready to compete again.  unload that contract and maybe add back a day 1 or early day 2 pick in the process IMO.
If I am a GM or Head Coach candidate, I would love the opportunity to step in January 2022 and have Dalvin Cook as my running back.  I get the tread on the tires point but still, give me the tools/weapons to be successful.  

Come out and make best use of these assets, you can easily gain momentum to build your program.  Think of what McVay did when he took over the Rams gig in 17, he had a still very productive Todd Gurley and additional key pieces that Jeff Fisher couldn't make best use of.  

There is a lot in the cupboard here

The guy who prepared Cooper Rush to throw for 325 yards might be a good HC candidate.  

We need an offensive minded head coach.

There are a lot of candidates but many of the hot names like Kellen Moore (33 yrs old) have short coaching resumes.