Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT, vax mandate for federal employees
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
The postal workers union released a statement that  said “it is not the role of the federal government to mandate vaccinations for the employees we represent.”
Not surprised the unions are piping up, are you? We need the post office like we need another hole in the head, its an antiquated and artificially financially propped up service. Hemorrhaging money like an open geyser. 95% of the crap I get in the mail is garbage. Cut down service to 3 days a week or get rid of this entity entirely after some proper planning for a year or two and nobody would miss it.
Thata been my contention for decades,  and I live in the country and we use the mail more than people that live in a town would,  but all I ever heard was the cries about how it would hurt the elderly that get their meds through the mail.....like they couldn't just get them a day earlier? (What happens now when there is a holiday or a storm and delivery is a day late?) 

There is absolutely zero logical reason that mail delivery couldn't go to a 2 or 3 day a week service except that would eventually lead to less employees for the postal union and that doesn't traditionally play well for one political party.  Always follow the money right?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
The postal workers union released a statement that  said “it is not the role of the federal government to mandate vaccinations for the employees we represent.”
Not surprised the unions are piping up, are you? We need the post office like we need another hole in the head, its an antiquated and artificially financially propped up service. Hemorrhaging money like an open geyser. 95% of the crap I get in the mail is garbage. Cut down service to 3 days a week or get rid of this entity entirely after some proper planning for a year or two and nobody would miss it.
Thata been my contention for decades,  and I live in the country and we use the mail more than people that live in a town would,  but all I ever heard was the cries about how it would hurt the elderly that get their meds through the mail.....like they couldn't just get them a day earlier? (What happens now when there is a holiday or a storm and delivery is a day late?) 

There is absolutely zero logical reason that mail delivery couldn't go to a 2 or 3 day a week service except that would eventually lead to less employees for the postal union and that doesn't traditionally play well for one political party.  Always follow the money right?

We're rural.  We got a lockable mail box and pick up mail once a week the way it is. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
Not saying anything about the USPS, just that the huge union that endorsed Biden is pushing back.

The USPS isn't going anywhere, it has morphed into the information gathering arm for the fed gov.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
Not saying anything about the USPS, just that the huge union that endorsed Biden is pushing back.

The USPS isn't going anywhere, it has morphed into the information gathering arm for the fed gov.
dont forget that Amazon likes to ship a lot of their little cheap shit via us mail,  if there are less delivery days that is an extra day to wait for something you need so bad that you couldnt make a trip to the store to get.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:

dont forget that Amazon likes to ship a lot of their little cheap shit via us mail,  if there are less delivery days that is an extra day to wait for something you need so bad that you couldnt make a trip to the store to get.
Ebay as well.  

Vaccines work? Huh....who would a' thunk it:

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/14...6835051545

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:

Ebay as well.  
ah yes,  i always forget about ebay.   i assume that amazon building all these new fullfillment centers all over the country are to further lower their shipping costs by allowing them to still hit a 2 day delivery but do so cutting out UPS or other high priced carriers in favor of the subsidized rates of the USPS (not direct cash but they pay zero taxes)

one question on the mandate... is it mandated that all illegals entering the country unobstructed be vaccinated as well?  they are delivering immigrants to cities that havent been vaccinated... where is the logic in that?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemoti...dc16af5333

how about,  so you want to live in America but arent a citizen... first step to your green card is roll up your damn sleeve,   not just for  covid,  but heres a whole bunch of other shit that we require our citizens to have so they can go to school,  you might as well get it too.

I say BS whenever Biden says he is doing everything he can to slow down covid.  He never mentions the border, ever...  Surprised we don't hear more left leaning folks voicing concerns over the open covid door at the border.  Guess they really don't care...

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
I say BS whenever Biden says he is doing everything he can to slow down covid.  He never mentions the border, ever...  Surprised we don't hear more left leaning folks voicing concerns over the open covid door at the border.  Guess they really don't care...
Not sure where the border fits in the grand scheme of things regarding Covid control? Probably not high, but I'm not surprised to see it brought up by our more conservative purple fans.

I can tell you this, as a more conservative member of the Dems, plenty of us are speaking up on how the blue party needs to authentically resonate again with rural, white america. 

I think the chances of that happening are about as high as a Republican winning the MN Governor's office though.