Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your 2021 Minnesota Vikings
Love the optimism, MB, but I'm not feeling it until I see it.  It seems like the team fire and leadership is lacking, and there really isn't anything to get excited about after watching the pre-season games.  KC dominated this team easily on both sides of the ball with the first team offense especially looking like crap, but the D didn't look much better.
I understand nobody remembers pre-season games when the real ones start, but I just don't see a very exciting team like I was hoping to.  Hopefully you're right and they come out flying playing great in game 1, but I'm not expecting it.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Love the optimism, MB, but I'm not feeling it until I see it.  It seems like the team fire and leadership is lacking, and there really isn't anything to get excited about after watching the pre-season games.  KC dominated this team easily on both sides of the ball with the first team offense especially looking like crap, but the D didn't look much better.
I understand nobody remembers pre-season games when the real ones start, but I just don't see a very exciting team like I was hoping to.  Hopefully you're right and they come out flying playing great in game 1, but I'm not expecting it.
No, there was nothing in the preseason to get excited about. But keep in mind this is a team that wins with its game changers, none of whom played against KC. No Dalvin, Mattison, JJ, Thielen, Hunter, Barr, Kendricks, Peterson, Harry, etc. These are the players who define who the Vikings are. Call me a crazy, overconfident Pollyanna, but I think they might make a difference. 

Rashod Hill is ugh enough but does anyone think he is going to be solid for the 17 games let alone play 17 games?

Some number changes for the Vikings:
— Everson Griffen got No. 97 from Michael Pierce
— Pierce is now No. 58
— Sheldon Richardson is No. 90

Re-signing of punter Britton Colquitt puts the #Vikings roster officially back to the maximum of 53 and the addition of Sean Mannion to the practice squad gives them 15 on the squad. If DE Jalyn Holmes clears waivers today and joins the practice squad, they'd be up to max of 16.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Re-signing of punter Britton Colquitt puts the #Vikings roster officially back to the maximum of 53 and the addition of Sean Mannion to the practice squad gives them 15 on the squad. If DE Jalyn Holmes clears waivers today and joins the practice squad, they'd be up to max of 16.
Ok, there's your team. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Rashod Hill is ugh enough but does anyone think he is going to be solid for the 17 games let alone play 17 games?
If Darrisaw doesn't see the field this season because Hill is better, then that would be a wasted 1st round pick.  We needed a new starting LT after Reiff left, and Hill isn't what the Vikings had in mind to fill the spot.  Darrisaw better get healthy because the OL will be in trouble with Hill over there.

Smith- IR
BJohnson- IR

Darrishaw- Out

Davis- Back up

JJ-Shoulder

At some point this is gonna show up on the field.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Some number changes for the Vikings:
— Everson Griffen got No. 97 from Michael Pierce
— Pierce is now No. 58
— Sheldon Richardson is No. 90
Something wrong about a NT with a 50s number.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
Smith- IR
BJohnson- IR

Darrishaw- Out

Davis- Back up

JJ-Shoulder

At some point this is gonna show up on the field.
Bisi who?  Beebe is out as well, but they weren't going to factor into the offense anyway.  Bisi showed promise about 3 years ago.  JJ is back.

I think the biggest issue with the offense will be the learning curve of our new OC.