Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oli Udoh
Quote: @minny65 said:
Would be great if Udoh is an above average Guard.  Bradbury would benefit the most.  Cleveland is trending above average from all reports so maybe our interior OL can get towards that average/slightly above range...as a unit!  Now, with the Darrisaw no show, we have an issue at LT.  Reiff was coming off probably his best 2 year stretch at LT so we now have to hope Hill can play even average.

Lastly, we have a new OC, WR and OL coaches so hopefully we can use the last preseason game to show something...anything...please
Dare I say....I think we're going to like our guards this year. 

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Knocked that guy on his arse...keep bringing the "Nasty out".  That kind of attitude is infectious.

It is infectious. It also takes a lot of want-to out of the d-line. 

I'd say Davis has the not-holding hold down pretty well. Getting some kudos from the scrimmage today as well. 

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...78690?s=20
https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...34466?s=20

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@Wetlander said:
I love that.  In the clips of Oli above, he does the same thing as Ezra on the first play.  No one over him and he looks back inside to Bradbury and blows his guy the fuck up lol
Our guards got some nasty.  Zim is smiling...
cant help feeling our new line coach has had an impact. 
Agreed.  

There was a post/clip awhile back (last week?) where Rauscher was yelling about maintaining “low pad levels” (leverage)

music to my ears. 

In all the clips above, you see our OL doing just that….keeping leverage/lean/low pads. 

Its prolly not that ‘simple’ but its fundamental, imo

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@Bullazin said:
@Wetlander said:
I love that.  In the clips of Oli above, he does the same thing as Ezra on the first play.  No one over him and he looks back inside to Bradbury and blows his guy the fuck up lol
Agreed.  

There was a post/clip awhile back (last week?) where Rauscher was yelling about maintaining “low pad levels” (leverage)

music to my ears. 

In all the clips above, you see our OL doing just that….keeping leverage/lean/low pads. 

Is not uncommon for fundamentals to get forgotten,  even at the pro level,   good coaches are quick to identify that and correct it so that] players don't develop bad habits that are harder to correct. 

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@Bullazin said:
@Wetlander said:
Agreed.  

music to my ears. 

I am sure Dennison didn't make it in the NFL for many years without teaching that fundamental bit of knowledge.  Couldn't be we have some size and different demeanor in the room this year.