Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB: What Zimmer Wants From F.M. Cousins
Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
I work in the Health Care field...GET VACCINATED 
My fiancée works in the health care field and sees adverse reactions to the vaccine every day.  My best buddy has a doctorate in clinical research for the drug and the RNA methodology is experimental in nature at best .  My fiancée's close friend's relative  is on the team responsible for creation of the vaccines and said for healthy individuals under the age of 50, the benefits are a coin flip at best.   New generation drugs are much safer and will be much more effective, and likely to be available as soon as next year.  Safer on a magnitude of 100:1.  Adverse effects of these drugs that are currently known would have stopped the tests and put them back into trials at this point.  The govt. is NOT fully distributing information detrimental to their cause. The govt is fact checking facebook.  Normal people with brains might start to question what the hell is going on here.  I love when people who are totally ignorant start to believe their one size fits all point of views should be adopted by society.  All that has happened is that one side of a shiny coin has been shown to a scared public, and those that live in fear so want it to be true that they now know it all.  Congrats on that.  
Yes we all understand that vaccines take years of development, but we didn't have years of development to fuck around with.  Especially in a country full of citizens with horrible health (kills more Americans that vaccines ever do BTW).  These vaccines are a bridge, a bridge to moving forward and trying to stabilize a planet and society that can't afford to stop.  

Next year's version's will be better for the original COV2 no doubt, that's how science works but what will we have next year if we can't slow down the mutations of this virus due to only half the population getting one.  More variants, more vaccines, more distrust, more division, more infighting, no future.

This shows the decay of society period.  The distrust in institutions.  The arrogance of the American exceptionalism.  When the anti-vax movement was started by a clown and then becomes a label/ a badge of honor, you know that the brains have been rotting for a while, that the termites have been here and look at how well they have been dining.

So Mond, who is vaccinated tested positive, but it is Kirk's fault.  Because the NFL came up with some bullshit rules to punish those who would dare to not follow the rules of the machine.

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
I work in the Health Care field...GET VACCINATED 
My fiancée works in the health care field and sees adverse reactions to the vaccine every day.  My best buddy has a doctorate in clinical research for the drug and the RNA methodology is experimental in nature at best .  My fiancée's close friend's relative  is on the team responsible for creation of the vaccines and said for healthy individuals under the age of 50, the benefits are a coin flip at best.   New generation drugs are much safer and will be much more effective, and likely to be available as soon as next year.  Safer on a magnitude of 100:1.  Adverse effects of these drugs that are currently known would have stopped the tests and put them back into trials at this point.  The govt. is NOT fully distributing information detrimental to their cause. The govt is fact checking facebook.  Normal people with brains might start to question what the hell is going on here.  I love when people who are totally ignorant start to believe their one size fits all point of views should be adopted by society.  All that has happened is that one side of a shiny coin has been shown to a scared public, and those that live in fear so want it to be true that they now know it all.  Congrats on that.  
So your fiancé didn't tell you that over 99% of the people who are dying from Covid are unvaccinated?   Let's see a sore shoulder and some aches for a day or severe Covid implications.  LOL

Quote: @"greediron" said:
So Mond, who is vaccinated tested positive, but it is Kirk's fault.  Because the NFL came up with some bullshit rules to punish those who would dare to not follow the rules of the machine.
good lord.  

Yes, it's always the MAAANNNNNNN holding you back.  The MAN here is the private for profit machine by the way

why is there a belief that mutations only happen in unvaccinated people?  I have pushed this question to some experts in the industry for confirmation/clarification,  but it stands to reason that if a virus mutates in an infected person,  and a vaccinated person can still get infected and can still transmit said infection that mutations are still possible in those who are vaccinated... so basically the vaccine is nothing more than a face mask ( somewhat effective in preventing transmission of the virus)  and an aspirin for covid ( doesnt really treat symptoms,  but makes you feel better while you have the virus)

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Team will never be first with this guy. I'm done. There's about 5 QBs next year that will be worthy of a first. Cousins can move to Branson to perform in musicals. Fuck him.
I'm disappointed with him as leader of this team and frustrated too. Add Thielen and Smith to the list.  

Cousins is just one of millions I'm sick and tired of. People keeping this country mired in F'ing COVID. 

[Image: sack8_1_21color.jpg]
Amen, brother. I'm just completely fed up with this bull shit. Maybe a PSA running hourly of someone being intubated will drive the message home for some. 
Agree. Businesses spend billions on clever marketing campaigns to get Americans to purchase thousands of products they don't need. It shouldn't be necessary for a FREE, life-saving vaccine, but the government should enlist an ad agency to help get more people vaccinated. Right now, the anti-vax crowd is getting its information from dubious sources: either the media they don't trust, or politicians, whom they trust even less. Put together a campaign--a series of compelling ads with facts and consequences. Put Trump in it if you have to. Put Bush in it, an evangelical, Tom Hanks--hell, put a puppy, monkey and a baby in it for all I care, but what we're doing now is not working. 
you mean the name calling, belittling, demeaning blathering isnt winning hearts and minds of your opposition?   who the fuck could have seen that coming? :3
First we tried facts. But the opposition has proven too "stubborn" to hear them, so the anger is understandable. But yes, leadership needs to change course.

Data show that one of most effective campaign ads in North Carolina in 2007 was the one enlisting Andy Griffith and Ron Howard of Mayberry to endorse Barack Obama. I even had a self-proclaimed "right wing nut" tell me that this ad was the most effective he'd ever seen. 

This goes to my previous point about Trump being an imbecile who responds only to loyalty and positive reinforcement--he needs to be praised like you would a 2-year-old who goes poopy on the potty for the first time. Anti-vaxxers are like that. They should be marketed to on that level. 
Professor of Health Behavior at University of Michigan seems to agree....

“Most of the advice that we offer, people have already heard about and rejected already, and so it’s more of a nuisance factor,” Resnicow said. “And until we first establish some rapport with the person — let them express their concerns, in this case bring you back to the vaccine, their concerns about getting the vaccine — until you've drained that swamp of negativity, until you’ve allowed them to discharge their resistance energy, advising them and even informing them is premature. We have to first try to neutralize that resistance.”
To put it simply, according to Resnicow, the important first step is to listen to whatever grievances and concerns a person has about the vaccine, and let them know they’ve been heard, using reflective statements.
“Let them express their anger, their mistrust, their doubts, and then reflect it back with ‘you statements,’” Resnicow said. “‘You’re worried that the government is trying to force this on people. You don’t trust the public health system. You’re not convinced that the disease is as scary as people say.’ Those ‘you statements’ without judgement, without trying to persuade, send a meta-message that I’m trying to understand you, I’m not gonna judge you and I’m not gonna push you.”
While Resnicow said anger and frustration at the unvaccinated is understandable, expressing that anger in a hostile manner toward them, as some have done, will do nothing to help the situation.
“We know from hundreds of randomized trials that that type of communication, guilt and shame or pressure, are not gonna move the unpersuaded. We have to do things like affirm. Things like, ‘You really care about understanding this vaccine. You’ve really tried to figure it out. You value your independence. God is important to you.’ It’s important to establish that bridge between you two before you try to persuade or in any way inform,” Resnicow said. “And we understand it takes some psychological discipline because human nature is aligned with what you (Johnson) just said, where some people are getting frustrated with the unvaccinated. It’s not gonna help.”

RNA has been around for over a dozen years, goes back to SARS/HIV, Ebola...Calling it new and experimental isn't very accurate to put it in diplomatic language. 

Of course among 300mm people there are those who are going to have an adverse reaction...Que the stories now. 

The question is whats good for the country? Another mandate to stay home, shut down biz? Dont send the kids to school? Keep viruses mutating till we reach a form that kills all and is un-detactable?  

Or just take the vax and stonewall this thing dead right here and now? 

This kind of thinking falls directly into facebook lore and tinfoil hats...

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"greediron" said:
good lord.  

Yes, it's always the MAAANNNNNNN holding you back.  The MAN here is the private for profit machine by the way
What the hell are you talking about?  Everyone is hammering on Kirk because Mond tested positive.  What difference does it make if a vaccinated person tests positive and has to quarantine anyway?  Sounds like the rules are bullshit.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Let's be real. It's a business. The NFL wants revenue. The NFL wants butts in seats. Yes, there is pressure to reduce the spread, period. When a business goes as far to say that games could be fully forfeited, they are certainly using everything in their power to put their thumb on the scale and get results.

And I'm here for it.

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
@"greediron" said:
Let's be real. It's a business. The NFL wants revenue. The NFL wants butts in seats. Yes, there is pressure to reduce the spread, period. When a business goes as far to say that games could be fully forfeited, they are certainly using everything in their power to put their thumb on the scale and get results.

And I'm here for it.
Yes, but why does a vaxxed person testing positive and putting the whole room in time out reflect on someone else.  Everyone is claiming Kirk's choice is affecting others, well it wasn't his choice for Mond to test positive.  Can't anyone see the double standard?