• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would anyone doubt
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
https://nypost.com/2021/07/21/jj-forecas...this-year/

Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson revealed Wednesday that it expects to take home about $2.5 billion from COVID-19 vaccine sales in 2021, far lower than estimates from its jab rivals Moderna and Pfizer.
Pfizer and Moderna have previously forecast $26 billion and $19.2 billion in annual sales of their vaccines, respectively. 
Wait what?  Youre mad the .gov paid for vaccines?  Hell every vaccine out there should be free. We’ve list some 700k people to covid. I think that calls for dramatic steps. 

But lets use your numbers. We dont have an astrazenica number in it yet, and its likley gone up some.  Lets guesstimate theres been $50B in revenue for the vaccines worldwide. Theres been right around 4B shots given. That comes out to $12.50/shot in revenue. Lord only knows what the cost to produce it was?

$12.50 a pop doesnt sound terrible in my book. 
Yes I am.  Thought you were somewhat libertarian.  Guess not.

We're in the biggest public health crisis since Polio.(not counting HIV)  From a 100% libertarian mindset we should have all either each created our own vaccine or paid the lowest bidder.
You and I both know that had we gone the route of paying the lowest bidder or making our own that we wouldn't have anywhere near the number in this country vaccinated and we most certainly wouldn't have gotten it done as fast as we did.  Look at countries like Japan who while very much a country that should have had their shit together with Covid vaccines yet they do not.
There are absolutely times where some government is ok.  Public health is one of them.  Unfortunately this nation is full of to damn many people who believe youtube videos of Karen from Kansas over people who's entire career were spent studying viruses/epidemiology/virology.  The vaccine has been showed to provide defense over getting the virus and most certainly has been shown to provide better outcomes from those who do get the virus through breakthrough variants.  The worst part is the unvacinated are giving time for Covid to mutate again.  If it jumps entirely past our current vaccines we're right back to where we were 19 months ago. 

I really honestly don't understand why some people are so pigheaded in this country?  Most of the world envies our ability to walk to Walgreens and get the vaccine. 

Quit being a baby and get the damn shot.
Quit being a liberal and demanding follow your choice.

And turn off the TV, your talking points are showing.

There are no talking points in anything I wrote.  My Brother in law is an epidemiologist with WV.  I get quite a bit of information from him.  He's on the CDC internal calls.  I trust the CDC and science in general to give me the information I need.  What is baffling is how vaccines became political and/or a badge of honor to say you didn't get one.  Even Trump got vaccinated.  Protecting yourself and those around you should be something we strive for. 

If you think you can outsmart the virus by watching youtube.  Go for it.  Its you and your loved ones that will pay the price of your ignorance. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:

Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson revealed Wednesday that it expects to take home about $2.5 billion from COVID-19 vaccine sales in 2021, far lower than estimates from its jab rivals Moderna and Pfizer.
Pfizer and Moderna have previously forecast $26 billion and $19.2 billion in annual sales of their vaccines, respectively. 
Wait what?  Youre mad the .gov paid for vaccines?  Hell every vaccine out there should be free. We’ve list some 700k people to covid. I think that calls for dramatic steps. 

But lets use your numbers. We dont have an astrazenica number in it yet, and its likley gone up some.  Lets guesstimate theres been $50B in revenue for the vaccines worldwide. Theres been right around 4B shots given. That comes out to $12.50/shot in revenue. Lord only knows what the cost to produce it was?

We're in the biggest public health crisis since Polio.(not counting HIV)  From a 100% libertarian mindset we should have all either each created our own vaccine or paid the lowest bidder.
You and I both know that had we gone the route of paying the lowest bidder or making our own that we wouldn't have anywhere near the number in this country vaccinated and we most certainly wouldn't have gotten it done as fast as we did.  Look at countries like Japan who while very much a country that should have had their shit together with Covid vaccines yet they do not.
There are absolutely times where some government is ok.  Public health is one of them.  Unfortunately this nation is full of to damn many people who believe youtube videos of Karen from Kansas over people who's entire career were spent studying viruses/epidemiology/virology.  The vaccine has been showed to provide defense over getting the virus and most certainly has been shown to provide better outcomes from those who do get the virus through breakthrough variants.  The worst part is the unvacinated are giving time for Covid to mutate again.  If it jumps entirely past our current vaccines we're right back to where we were 19 months ago. 

I really honestly don't understand why some people are so pigheaded in this country?  Most of the world envies our ability to walk to Walgreens and get the vaccine. 

There are no talking points in anything I wrote.  My Brother in law is an epidemiologist with WV.  I get quite a bit of information from him.  He's on the CDC internal calls.  I trust the CDC and science in general to give me the information I need.  What is baffling is how vaccines became political and/or a badge of honor to say you didn't get one.  Even Trump got vaccinated.  Protecting yourself and those around you should be something we strive for. 

If you think you can outsmart the virus by watching youtube.  Go for it.  Its you and your loved ones that will pay the price of your ignorance. 
It isn't a badge of honor to not get one, it is a public badge to get one and post it on social media.  

And if you believe flip flop fauci and the CDC, then your ignorance is your issue.  But it is much clearer now.  I see where the talking points are coming from.

Honestly, I think Democrats missed an opportunity to get millions more vaccinated.

We all know Trump is an imbecile, and you have to praise him like you would a 2 year old who goes poopy on the potty. Never mind the fact that, in terms of the virus, he did more bad than good. They really should have been branded the vaccination the "Trump Drug" or whatever. Make them orange, give them yellow hair, whatever. How big is Donnie....SOOOO big. If they had, I suspect many in the cult would be right there with us. 

@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:

It wasn't just the vaccine that was politicized,   it was the whole fucking thing surrounding the virus.  The dems, the media, they weaponized it from day one against Trump and eventually anyone that didn't want him burned at the stake...its still happening.  

I would say the biggest problem is those that think that belittling or demeaning somebody on the issue is somehow going to help move the needle....but that is what this country is reduced to,  dont agree with me then you are a uneducated, unevolved, inbred, racist idiot.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Honestly, I think Democrats missed an opportunity to get millions more vaccinated.

We all know Trump is an imbecile, and you have to praise him like you would a 2 year old who goes poopy on the potty. Never mind the fact that, in terms of the virus, he did more bad than good. They really should have been branded the vaccination the "Trump Drug" or whatever. Make them orange, give them yellow hair, whatever. How big is Donnie....SOOOO big. If they had, I suspect many in the cult would be right there with us. 
Spoken like a democrat that doesn't understand a good portion of the population

Most of the Trumpites probably got the shot already.  Many that held their nose and supported many of his actions that helped the US saw through it 

@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:

Interesting also that Fox New mandated the vaccine for staff. So they're all vaccinated, even while they smear vaccination efforts in order to preserve the political divide. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:

It isn't a badge of honor to not get one, it is a public badge to get one and post it on social media.  

And if you believe flip flop fauci and the CDC, then your ignorance is your issue.  But it is much clearer now.  I see where the talking points are coming from.

I haven't posted on social media about any such thing...unless this thread counts?
If you think the CDC and their PR guy aren't going to have things that change while we learn new stuff about a "novel virus" then reality has escaped you.  Thanks for contributing to the mass ignorance this country has put forth.  We're all looking forward to the Epsilon and Zeta variants and all the wonderful treasures they have in store for humanity. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:

It wasn't just the vaccine that was politicized,   it was the whole fucking thing surrounding the virus.  The dems, the media, they weaponized it from day one against Trump and eventually anyone that didn't want him burned at the stake...its still happening.  

I would say the biggest problem is those that think that belittling or demeaning somebody on the issue is somehow going to help move the needle....but that is what this country is reduced to,  dont agree with me then you are a uneducated, unevolved, inbred, racist idiot.
Jimmy,

I applaud operation Warp Speed...

But Trump politicized COVID as much as anybody, over science. That was just unacceptable as POTUS (ex POTUS). 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

Agree.  I have no Earthly idea why getting a freaking shot became political.  But had the Democrats called it the Trump shot it likely would have gone over better.  We could have been done with all this if we would have had even a shred of empathy toward our fellow man. 

I guess when Karen from Kansas's youtube channel is your source of news you shouldn't expect much. 

@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:

I haven't posted on social media about any such thing...unless this thread counts?
If you think the CDC and their PR guy aren't going to have things that change while we learn new stuff about a "novel virus" then reality has escaped you.  Thanks for contributing to the mass ignorance this country has put forth.  We're all looking forward to the Epsilon and Zeta variants and all the wonderful treasures they have in store for humanity. 
Didn't say you did post it.  Just that your logic of badge of honor is completely backwards.  

Science is the method where we learn stuff in an organize method.  It does change, slowly.  Back and forth flip flops, lying, hypocrisy and fan bois are not science. 

Thank you for your CDC talking points.  Fear mongering at its saddest.