Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 20 worst draft picks in Minnesota sports history: These were terrible
The Vikings list starts with Underwood upon a summit.

Leo Hayden is next.

After that, Ponder, who I liked in the third round. 

Then Williamson.

These guys were all pathetic all on their own. After that you've got a bunch of guys who get panned for A) who they were, and B) who they weren't.

Twins fans- what's the story with Travis Lee?
Is the article accurate that they drafted him and then didn't even offer him a contract? If true that seems-- what's the word-- dumb.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Is the article accurate that they drafted him and then didn't even offer him a contract? If true that seems-- what's the word-- dumb.
Twins did not offer a contract within 15 days from the end of the draft which was a requirement. He was declared a free agent by MLB. Can't remember the Twin's excuse for the oversight - clerical error or something. Can't make that shit up...

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
the pohlad family said they wouldnt be able to afford him anyway so why bother?

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
By some of this reasoning, then everyone the Vikes drafted before Tom Brady deserves to be on the list.

As for Nelson, DJ Dozier is much more deserving to be on this list.  The Vikes actually traded up for Dozier.

Underwood should be the first Viking on this list, hands down.  His college coaches told the Vikes not to draft him.
I didn't know the details of the Underwood story and was pretty shocked at what I read after seeing him on the list. He really had some serious mental health issues. So many red flags.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"Skodin" said:
These four are the most painful to me

RB Nelson over RB Allen
What do the 80s Vikings teams look like with one of the greatest RBs in the game on it?  What do the 90s Vikings look like with all those draft picks? 
Wow this is something I had never thought about, had we drafted Allen like we should have, the Walker trade never happens and we keep all those draft picks.  We potentially would have won a Super Bowl during that era and the also really nice benefit is that Dallas would not have won theirs.  Ugh!!
Don't get me started on the what ifs. 

What if the refs called Drew's push off?
What if we drafted Allen instead of Nelson?
What if Nelson catches that 4th down pass?
What if we draft Sapp to play with Randle instead of Alexander?
What if we put Johnson back in instead of Cunningham?
What if Robert Smith doesn't run out of bounds 6 times?
What if Culpepper doesn't blow out his knee?
What if we don't put 12 men on the field?
What if Teddy doesn't blow out his knee? 
What if Bradford doesn't blow out his knee?

Hmm, you add all those up and my question becomes why does god/the universe/whatever hate the Vikings?

Brian lawton, that was  Louies big misstep. Yzerman would have got the north stars a cup with the other talent they had. And probably would have kept the franchise here, what if..

I was expecting a list of 20 Timberwolves picks.

Gerald Glass and Luc Longley in the top 10 anyone?

Kris Dunn @ #5 only to trade him after 1 year.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
I was expecting a list of 20 Timberwolves picks.

Gerald Glass and Luc Longley in the top 10 anyone?

Kris Dunn @ #5 only to trade him after 1 year.
Flynn on this list is a tough one for me...  yes, he was terrible but no one seems to remember that Curry made it well known if the Timberwolves picked him, he wouldn't play for them. That said, they should have taken him and worked a draft day trade instead of taking Flynn.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
For the Vikings (I only watch football) it HAS to be Underwood before Williamson.

A first round pick that didnt even make it through TC.
but he was a "bonus" pick.