Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Kirk Cousins can do it......
We've had this discussion ad nauseum, Maroon.  :-)

I'll just say, we'll see what happens.  Sticky, don't mark me down in the "I believe" column if you're keeping track. :-P

I swore to myself I wouldn't comment on this thread (why Sticky, why... the horse is dead) but-

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback...nfl-season
PFF ranks him 14th.
His cap number his is 3rd and rising.
https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2021/

To the fans who cannot possibly fathom anyone questioning Kirk, look up. /end

In regards to that list- yeah I'd probably move Kirk up a few spots (Baker Mayfield?!), but if you factor in the bargain contracts for guys like Herbert, Murray, Burrow, then I'd move him right back down a few spots.
Kirk's a good QB. We'll see what he can do this year.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I swore to myself I wouldn't comment on this thread (why Sticky, why... the horse is dead) but-

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback...nfl-season
PFF ranks him 14th.
His cap number his is 3rd and rising.
https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2021/

To the fans who cannot possibly fathom anyone questioning Kirk, look up. /end

In regards to that list- yeah I'd probably move Kirk up a few spots (Baker Mayfield?!), but if you factor in the bargain contracts for guys like Herbert, Murray, Burrow, then I'd move him right back down a few spots.
Besides comp. pct./int. none of these stats mean jack when you consider the system of a run heavy offense we run. Bargain contracts are always on rookie deals, and not enough track record for any of them to be considered top 10 talent.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:

In reference to the young QBs, remember the teams who drafted Wentz, Goff, Mariota, Winston and Trubisky thought they had their franchise QB early on too. There was a post on this very board talking about how Bisky looked like the next great one. Hell, there was a time when Mark Sanchez was being called "Sanchize" and Daniel Jones was called "Danny Dimes." :-)

Young QBs typically look pretty good their 1st or 2nd season, but give it time. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

In reference to the young QBs, remember the teams who drafted Wentz, Goff, Mariota, Winston and Trubisky thought they had their franchise QB early on too. There was a post on this very board talking about how Bisky looked like the next great one. Hell, there was a time when Mark Sanchez was being called "Sanchize" and Daniel Jones was called "Danny Dimes." :-)

Trying to remember who the pro Trubisky poster was...

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

Not telling. Because calling out posters for being wrong is douchey. We're ALL wrong every now and then. But he's a good citizen. I have faith he'll step forward and fall at the mercy of the board. :-)

[Image: e3664f60-b0c1-450e-9641-161d25fe9fa9_text.gif]

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

The board actually had somebody carrying water for trubisky?  

Here's the weird thing: I've never been wrong about anything. Just sayin'..

p.s. I mean so far today. But its REALLY early. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

Well I guess that mystery solved itself....but why?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

just had to needle you  when I had the chance.  Cuz you are right way too often.