Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny Gets A New Deal
Quote: @Mattyman said:

in 2022, when a new $18 million roster bonus is set to trigger on the fifth day of the league year. That date will serve as a decision point for the Vikings, who can either decide to keep Hunter on the roster at the expensive price of $20 million -- with $18 million guaranteed via the roster bonus, if he's still on the team on that date -- sign him to a new deal or release

If Hunter misses games due to injuries  in 2021, this clause  kinda turns into a "Poison Pill" for the Vikings.

Not a fan.

Why?

Quote: @Mattyman said:

in 2022, when a new $18 million roster bonus is set to trigger on the fifth day of the league year. That date will serve as a decision point for the Vikings, who can either decide to keep Hunter on the roster at the expensive price of $20 million -- with $18 million guaranteed via the roster bonus, if he's still on the team on that date -- sign him to a new deal or release

If Hunter misses games due to injuries  in 2021, this clause  kinda turns into a "Poison Pill" for the Vikings.

Not a fan.

if he is still a Qmark after missing all of 20 and enough of 21 to be a concern....  do you really need a poison pill?   and really if its kind of iffy,   is it really that much to carry for one more year to try and gauge a player with his potential?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
This has been a helluva off season.
Damn straight.  Someone posted it last week but now with DH in the fold, it is like we have signed Pierce, Tomlinson, Hunter, Barr, Kendricks, Alexander, PP, and Breeland.  And that is just the D.  8 starters.

Win for Rick, Brez, and Vikings and Hunter gets a little love as well.  Hunter will report, come in and see that he still has it, gets a bump next year if he gets it done in 21.  

Unless I am missing something this doesn't cost the Vikings anything in 21, just moves some money up as signing bonus.  Gets a raise next year if he is with the Vikings on 5th day of NFL year.  As long as he comes back anywhere near his 19 form it's a no brainer with the CAP going up.

Quote: @rf54 said:
Win for Rick, Brez, and Vikings and Hunter gets a little love as well.  Hunter will report, come in and see that he still has it, gets a bump next year if he gets it done in 21.  

Unless I am missing something this doesn't cost the Vikings anything in 21, just moves some money up as signing bonus.  Gets a raise next year if he is with the Vikings on 5th day of NFL year.  As long as he comes back anywhere near his 19 form it's a no brainer with the CAP going up.
And Hunter saves face, he played hardball and got a 'raise'.  

Quote: @rf54 said:

But why?  The team has the cap space to add a few mill to DHs deal and take it off now instead of kicking down the road.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@rf54 said:

But why?  The team has the cap space to add a few mill to DHs deal and take it off now instead of kicking down the road.
This is a good point. Perhaps they have eyes on another signing, perhaps its a restructure/extension, or perhaps they’re spooked by Hunter’s injury. Tough to say but I’d much rather have him in-house and working with the team than not. So it’s a happy day for Vikings fans. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
arent we kind of set at DT?  this would have to be one hell of a discount IMO.
I think we're a little light in proven pass rush from the 3t. Tomlinson is fine, but adding Richardson would ease some concerns. Especially without a proven RDE. 

Regardless, I'm going to need someone other than The Jack Day to tweet something.

How does Field Yates grab ya…?  Wink  B)

The Vikings and DT Sheldon Richardson are making progress on a deal to bring him back to Minnesota. While the deal is not done yet, it’s headed that way, per source.
@jack_h_day was first to mention the possible reunion.

About as well as it could have gone for now.  Hunter gets more cash sooner, while the Vikings get to see if he's 100% healthy before dishing out another big bonus and extension.

Hopefully Danielle crushes QB's this year and the bank next year.