Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting OL
Quote: @matt4787 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Bezerker88 said:
what says "I don't know.... wing it" like going thru preseason and coming out without having your O line play a single snap as a unit?

Hope for the best but I'm guessing the first 5 games or so we are going to hear - It takes time for them to gel.  
It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully Sam will be able to stop seeing ghosts at some point.
They weren't Ghosts he was seeing last year. They were giangantic defensive lineman coming nearly unblock towards him.
Haha nice. I am aware of that. I was using ghosts to explain the mental aspects of it. He is seeing ghosts because sometimes they are not there or he is unsure if they are. There is a lack of security and a lot of uncertainty. He has no reason to trust the OL. But he has to be able to get beyond it. 

I think we will be looking very closely at veteran Guards that are to be cut.  Easton looked really good at LG vs Seahawks and then really bad vs the 49'ers.  Isodora looks like a typical rookie with some good play followed by poor play.

I thought Boone was OK..always said average at best but now we have Easton and Isodara?  Maybe Sirles, who I think looks better then Easton/Isodara at Guard.  

But in the end, I want a late cut veteran because the interior looks very thin too me now.

Is anybody excited about any of this? I'd like to read a little optimism but it looks like we're banking on a group of untested nobodies again. Is there a chance this unit could surprise and be average?

Quote: @KingBash said:
Is anybody excited about any of this? I'd like to read a little optimism but it looks like we're banking on a group of untested nobodies again. Is there a chance this unit could surprise and be average?
I'd love to have seen Reiff @ RT this year, meaning we had a better option at the all important LT.  

Neither of our OT's will excel at pass pro, they'll need some help now and then. But yah, I am hopeful this line overall is better than a really bad line last year. 

Always a chance....  that's why the games are played, right UNLV? 

Maybe it's better starting fresh and with guys that have had some time to grow that just forcing the same old, same old. I like Elflein and Easton. We'll see about Reiff and Remmers. I am not sure how much Berger has left. 

i think Berger is a place holder for Isadora.  if our line is going to be  below average develop guys with potential:  I think that is what the Vikings are trying to do.  i am excited that instead of sticking with the guys with the contracts like Boone they are fielding the best 5 that they have at this time.

That's the most encouraging part. It's not about the most expensive five, it's about the best five. There was no way that they could go through another year without getting rid of what was getting in the way and holding them back. Even though there was a monetary cost it had to be done. Sometimes you hit and sometimes you miss.

I don't know why people want Reiff at RT. He was far worse there then at LT.

Quote: @twgerber said:
There are 3 centers on the team.  Berger can move to Center and Isidora move to RG if needed.

And I think Elflein is a center.  Top center in college FB would seem to say that too.
Elflein played guard the first 3 years in college.  Them moved to center his senior year.