Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economics...
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I'm sure you'll find plenty of Trumpers to shit on the economy but lets be honest.  Its going good because we're coming out of the pandemic.  Most economic forecasts I saw had us between 4-6.5% GDP growth.  We could go without a president and have a good economy with that much growth. 

Had Trump been reelected he would have negatively affected the vaccine rollout but he was 100% in on the stimulus so I think that would have happened with or without him. 

If I have concerns with the economy its that we have significant inflation right now.  If the Fed doesn't work to cool some of that inflation with a rise in interest rates we'll be setting ourselves up for one hell of a recession.  At some point $10 2x4s become an issue.  If ti wasn't for massive gains in housing we wouldn't be seeing houses continuing to be built at 200-300%$ over runs vs where they were pre-pandemic. 

You also wont get the unemployment rate to come down until we cut off bonus unemployment.  There are democrats screeching for ANOTHER round of bonus unemployment. 
The unemployment rate has been going down since August of last year.....should be close to 6.0 or under when the statistics come out for May later this month. The stimulus money will dry up soon and you'll see it get closer to 5.0 or under. But don't expect it to get back to 3.5 or thereabouts as some businesses died during COVID and won't be coming back. 
Yeah, inflation is going up. It was 4.2% in April but keep in mind that it was 3.2% back in 2011. But the Fed has abandoned price stability and its time for Congress to kick them in the ass. 

We're not getting back back to 3.5 unemployment anytime soon.  That was at historic lows and can't be expected regardless who is in office. 

I doubt congress will do anything about the Fed.  They are the true rulers or America.  Want a recession.  Dial it up.  Want to inflate stock returns.  Not hard.  We haven't been in control of our destiny in a long long time.
Unemployment down to 5.8% now. Trending the right way.
is this true unemployment,  or is this one of those claims based on new unemployment requests,  or based on a study of people actively looking for work?  I have seen some really strange jobless claims over the years that are using some twisted ways to come up with their claims.
same statistical scale thats been used for years.  consider it an indicator of change, your point is something totally different.  

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I'm sure you'll find plenty of Trumpers to shit on the economy but lets be honest.  Its going good because we're coming out of the pandemic.  Most economic forecasts I saw had us between 4-6.5% GDP growth.  We could go without a president and have a good economy with that much growth. 

Had Trump been reelected he would have negatively affected the vaccine rollout but he was 100% in on the stimulus so I think that would have happened with or without him. 

If I have concerns with the economy its that we have significant inflation right now.  If the Fed doesn't work to cool some of that inflation with a rise in interest rates we'll be setting ourselves up for one hell of a recession.  At some point $10 2x4s become an issue.  If ti wasn't for massive gains in housing we wouldn't be seeing houses continuing to be built at 200-300%$ over runs vs where they were pre-pandemic. 

You also wont get the unemployment rate to come down until we cut off bonus unemployment.  There are democrats screeching for ANOTHER round of bonus unemployment. 
The unemployment rate has been going down since August of last year.....should be close to 6.0 or under when the statistics come out for May later this month. The stimulus money will dry up soon and you'll see it get closer to 5.0 or under. But don't expect it to get back to 3.5 or thereabouts as some businesses died during COVID and won't be coming back. 
Yeah, inflation is going up. It was 4.2% in April but keep in mind that it was 3.2% back in 2011. But the Fed has abandoned price stability and its time for Congress to kick them in the ass. 

We're not getting back back to 3.5 unemployment anytime soon.  That was at historic lows and can't be expected regardless who is in office. 

I doubt congress will do anything about the Fed.  They are the true rulers or America.  Want a recession.  Dial it up.  Want to inflate stock returns.  Not hard.  We haven't been in control of our destiny in a long long time.
is this true unemployment,  or is this one of those claims based on new unemployment requests,  or based on a study of people actively looking for work?  I have seen some really strange jobless claims over the years that are using some twisted ways to come up with their claims.
same statistical scale thats been used for years.  consider it an indicator of change, your point is something totally different.  
and that scale is what... like I said I have seen jobless or unemployment claims skewed by both sides by using different metrics over the years.

Yeah, unemployment should have plummeted with all the places looking for employees.  But it is "trending" down.  /eyeroll

And the jobs growth missed their much tempered expectations by 100,000+ after a much larger miss in April

@"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

and that scale is what... like I said I have seen jobless or unemployment claims skewed by both sides by using different metrics over the years.
go to https://bls.gov.  

a little more insight into the numbers,  definitely going in the right direction, but still a long way to go to get back to pre-rona numbers.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jec.nr0.htm

the summaries at the end tell a lot.

Sigh. LOL. Fellas......have a good day. I've got a beer in my immediate future. Football season less than 100 days away.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Deja vu

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Deja vu
I questioned the numbers under trump as well... is it really that hard to fathom that whatever party is in charge should be subject to scrutiny?

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Deja vu
I questioned the numbers under trump as well... is it really that hard to fathom that whatever party is in charge should be subject to scrutiny?
Nope F that. Under Trump it was bunnies in meadows and rainbows. Biden on the other hand?  Ive been building an ark but lumber is to damn expensive!!!

Prices rose by 5 percent in May compared with a year ago, the largest increase since the Great Recession, continuing a steady climb in inflation.  Gas, Lumber, Automobiles...and soon to be Steel with Biden rolling back protections for steel companies.  Better party like it's 1977 because it's only going to get worse.  A 5% year on year jump in Consumer Price will have a profound affect on every American's pocketbook...