Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, This Is Pretty Special
Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'll just never understand some people and their obsessive and stubborn ways of trying to validate their ignorance when they don't agree with something medical or scientific. Its Dark Ages stuff. Social media is insidious and toxic for most, but especially the gullible. 
Isn't that exactly how science and medicine are advanced though?  By challenging the accepted beliefs?  Or are leeches and the earth is flat still acceptable?

I agree that SM is negatively feeding into something,   but it more about the designed division in this country and less about tin foil philosophy. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
I'll just never understand some people and their obsessive and stubborn ways of trying to validate their ignorance when they don't agree with something medical or scientific. Its Dark Ages stuff. Social media is insidious and toxic for most, but especially the gullible. 
Isn't that exactly how science and medicine are advanced though?  By challenging the accepted beliefs?  Or are leeches and the earth is flat still acceptable?
LMAO, yes that's what the Karens of the world are doing by not getting vaccinated, 'challenging' accepted beliefs and 'advancing' science and medicine. Sigh. What truly challenges those disciplines are other scientists and doctors, not my Uncle ranting on Facebook like a lunatic. 

Like I said many times before, nobody is changing anyone's mind because anything and everything that you decide to believe in is right there on your computer screen. 

Quote: @Nichelle said:
PolitiFact | A social media post using old Fauci email falsely claims that Fauci ‘lied’ about mask wearing

What was happening thenIt’s important to remember the time frame around when Fauci sent the email. It was two weeks after the first U.S. coronavirus case was announced in Washington state, on Jan. 21, 2020, and five weeks after China confirmed the existence of a new virus. The World Health Organization didn’t declare COVID-19 a pandemic until March 11.
It’s also important to acknowledge that guidance on mask wearing changed over time.
Early in the coronavirus outbreak, guidance from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said people shouldn’t wear face masks unless they had COVID-19 and were showing symptoms. "This is to protect others from the risk of getting infected," the guidance stated. Mask-wearing was discouraged because officials said masks had little value in preventing the general public from contracting the disease.
That changed on April 3, 2020, when the CDC recommended wearing masks in public places where social distancing can be difficult. Officials at the time cited clearer findings that showed the virus could be transmitted by people who showed no symptoms.
Fauci also changed his guidance, and began recommending masks be worn. On the day the CDC announced its change, he said of mask wearing: "If everybody does that, we’re each protecting each other." 
Masks’ effectivenessBy mid-March 2021, with masks a part of daily life, PolitiFact found that the research was clear that masks work. They are most effective as "source control," which means preventing infected people from spreading the virus to other people. While masks cannot block some very tiny coronavirus particles that are in the air, multiple systematic reviews, ecological studies and laboratory studies have shown that masks reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The advice to wear masks remained in force, even for people who were vaccinated, until mid-May 2021. Amid widespread use of vaccines and falling case counts, federal health officials revised the guidance again, saying that "fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing," except in places such as airports where required by government regulations.
Our rulingA widely shared Instagram post said that an email from Dr. Anthony Fauci shows "everyone was lied to" about wearing masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 
The post cites an email Fauci sent Feb. 5, 2020, when the consensus among public health experts was for people generally not to wear masks unless they had symptoms of illness. At the time, researchers did not know that people without symptoms were spreading the virus. The guidance from Fauci and other experts changed in April 2020, as more evidence about the virus and its transmission emerged, and mask wearing was widely recommended.
We rate the post False.

He used scientific reasoning for that answer.  Or at least appeared to go through those motions.  Then later he said the same thing.  Then he said he was lying then to protect the PPE supply.  

So I rate this fact check as fake propaganda.  It was a nice try, but really pretty lame.  It isn't the only email that exposes him.

Fauxci is fading fast.  The email release is going to bury him faster than the left can shovel dirt on his still warm corpse.

Just doing my part to fight that obsessive and stubborn ignorance.  Fauci seems more suitable for the dark ages.

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
LMAO, yes that's what the Karens of the world are doing by not getting vaccinated, 'challenging' accepted beliefs and 'advancing' science and medicine. Sigh. What truly challenges those disciplines are other scientists and doctors, not my Uncle ranting on Facebook like a lunatic. 

Like I said many times before, nobody is changing anyone's mind because anything and everything that you decide to believe in is right there on your computer screen. 
Typical response for today's  society,  if somebody disagrees with a left position lets call them names or otherwise belittle them. 

I made my decision based on talking to real doctors and asking real question and used the information I got to make my decision,  sure some are making their choices based on internet shit,   but how is that any less stupid than doing something simply because we the govt tv doctors say you should,   there is a trustworthy group,  govt and for profit medical/pharmaceutical companies?  The science is far from settled on the virus or the vaccine,  pretty ignorant to try and suggest otherwise when its still in the first half of this game.  IMO this thing is for from over and I hope for all of us that you don't end up choking on your arrogance on the matter.

For the record,  go back and check and see who the Karen's where when this thing first got rolling... I was hitting every board I could encouraging people to take this shit serious long before the left figured out that they could spin it for a win.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Typically response for today's  society,  if somebody disagrees with a left position lets call them names or otherwise belittle them. 

I made my decision based on talking to real doctors and asking real question and used the information I got to make my decision,  sure some are making their choices based on internet shit,   but how is that any less stupid than doing something simply because we the govt tv doctors say you should,   there is a trustworthy group,  govt and for profit medical/pharmaceutical companies?  The science is far from settled on the virus or the vaccine,  pretty ignorant to try and suggest otherwise when its still in the first half of this game.  IMO this thing is for from over and I hope for all of us that you don't end up choking on your arrogance on the matter.

For the record,  go back and check and see who the Karen's where when this thing first got rolling... I was hitting every board I could encouraging people to take this shit serious long before the left figured out that they could spin it for a win.
I didn't call you a 'Karen'. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Typically response for today's  society,  if somebody disagrees with a left position lets call them names or otherwise belittle them. 

I didn't call you a 'Karen'. 
Based on our previous conversations on the subject thats what I inferred from your comment.

[Image: E2_6Ir3VIAIWPGs?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Quote: @Nichelle said:
[Image: E2_6Ir3VIAIWPGs?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Wonder if Orly Taitz will back her up on this.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Nichelle said:
PolitiFact | A social media post using old Fauci email falsely claims that Fauci ‘lied’ about mask wearing

What was happening thenIt’s important to remember the time frame around when Fauci sent the email. It was two weeks after the first U.S. coronavirus case was announced in Washington state, on Jan. 21, 2020, and five weeks after China confirmed the existence of a new virus. The World Health Organization didn’t declare COVID-19 a pandemic until March 11.
It’s also important to acknowledge that guidance on mask wearing changed over time.
Early in the coronavirus outbreak, guidance from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said people shouldn’t wear face masks unless they had COVID-19 and were showing symptoms. "This is to protect others from the risk of getting infected," the guidance stated. Mask-wearing was discouraged because officials said masks had little value in preventing the general public from contracting the disease.
That changed on April 3, 2020, when the CDC recommended wearing masks in public places where social distancing can be difficult. Officials at the time cited clearer findings that showed the virus could be transmitted by people who showed no symptoms.
Fauci also changed his guidance, and began recommending masks be worn. On the day the CDC announced its change, he said of mask wearing: "If everybody does that, we’re each protecting each other." 
Masks’ effectivenessBy mid-March 2021, with masks a part of daily life, PolitiFact found that the research was clear that masks work. They are most effective as "source control," which means preventing infected people from spreading the virus to other people. While masks cannot block some very tiny coronavirus particles that are in the air, multiple systematic reviews, ecological studies and laboratory studies have shown that masks reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The advice to wear masks remained in force, even for people who were vaccinated, until mid-May 2021. Amid widespread use of vaccines and falling case counts, federal health officials revised the guidance again, saying that "fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing," except in places such as airports where required by government regulations.
Our rulingA widely shared Instagram post said that an email from Dr. Anthony Fauci shows "everyone was lied to" about wearing masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 
The post cites an email Fauci sent Feb. 5, 2020, when the consensus among public health experts was for people generally not to wear masks unless they had symptoms of illness. At the time, researchers did not know that people without symptoms were spreading the virus. The guidance from Fauci and other experts changed in April 2020, as more evidence about the virus and its transmission emerged, and mask wearing was widely recommended.
We rate the post False.

He used scientific reasoning for that answer.  Or at least appeared to go through those motions.  Then later he said the same thing.  Then he said he was lying then to protect the PPE supply.  

So I rate this fact check as fake propaganda.  It was a nice try, but really pretty lame.  It isn't the only email that exposes him.

Fauxci is fading fast.  The email release is going to bury him faster than the left can shovel dirt on his still warm corpse.
[Image: hillary-clinton-note-dr-fauci-should-hav...C475&ssl=1]