Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insert Your Good News HERE
Wife has to get a couple broken bones in foot surgically repaired, flip side is we have health insurance. 

Wife just retired after 30 year corp career a mos ago.

Kid is moving into new apt in W. Hollywood with a parking space. 

Kid can afford an apt in LA with a parking space

MN just announced opening-up in May-July 

For the most part, we're healthy. 

I think I mentioned this, but maybe not: my son got engaged about 3 months or so ago. We love her and she's got a great career. His job continues to just get better and better, its crazy how good tech companies treat their talent. They are having a new house built for them, should be done in January (Denver suburbs). He's just knocking it out the park, couldn't be more proud.

My wife and I plan to retire at 60, so another 5 years and we are DONE. We're both healthy and happy (knock on wood). Life is good and I feel lucky and grateful that it is. 

@dadevike Your kids have some big brains

[Image: 8nqbeypr9lk0.gif]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think I mentioned this, but maybe not: my son got engaged about 3 months or so ago. We love her and she's got a great career. His job continues to just get better and better, its crazy how good tech companies treat their talent. They are having a new house built for them, should be done in January (Denver suburbs). He's just knocking it out the park, couldn't be more proud.

My wife and I plan to retire at 60, so another 5 years and we are DONE. We're both healthy and happy (knock on wood). Life is good and I feel lucky and grateful that it is. 
I've been contemplating an early semi-retirement. My current contract is up in September. If it doesn't get extended, which seems unlikely, we might do some extended road trips. Definitely all done in five years as well. 

Think about if you're going to have a "Chapter 2" at something or not???

I retired 3 years ago after too many decades in Corporate. 

Decided to pursue one of my passions (BMW's) and now able to wallow in that everyday and make some coin along the way too...

Win/Win 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Decided to pursue one of my passions (BMW's) and now able to wallow in that everyday and make some coin along the way too...

Win/Win 
Hey, PF. I could easily do some consulting if I choose to. Not sure, I'm pretty good at working, but I'm pretty good at doing nothing as well.  :p I know its not like that for many, but I think retirement is going to suit me. My wife and I are close, we are avid conversationalists and enjoy each other's company immensely. We talk daily a TON about anything and everything. We are both in similar industries, she's my partner in crime. We have fun and laugh a lot. I'm very lucky that way, so I'm looking very forward to the next chapter.

@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Win/Win 
Hey, PF. I could easily do some consulting if I choose to. Not sure, I'm pretty good at working, but I'm pretty good at doing nothing as well.  :p I know its not like that for many, but I think retirement is going to suit me. My wife and I are close, we are avid conversationalists and enjoy each other's company immensely. We talk daily a TON about anything and everything. We are both in similar industries, she's my partner in crime. We have fun and laugh a lot. I'm very lucky that way, so I'm looking very forward to the next chapter.
Good to hear.  I think that is a big factor whether people enjoy retirement.  If they don't enjoy the company they start keeping (in greater amounts) it won't last long.

I woke up this morning! Seriously people, celebrate life!

Context: In November I had a medical issue. The day before Thanksgiving I was found unconscious in my home after suffering a blood clot. Thank goodness that people I work with noticed my absence and sent someone to check on me. I hate to think what would have happened otherwise.

After that I left Minnesota (just got home on Sunday) and spent the entire winter in a condo on a beach. I followed that up with some time in Charleston and Memphis. This is the first winter in decades that I saw not even a snowflake. My soul is full and am in the best health in many years. I'm rejuvenated, thankful and just damn happy to be alive. Every day is a bonus.

There is good news everywhere. 

My old 1,400 sq ft redwood deck has been ripped out and the contractor has replaced it with a 1,600 sq ft Trex beauty.  It's true, your deck really does look bigger if you trim the bushes around it.

I have been retired, going on my 3rd month, and not one kid has stepped on my lawn without suffering the wrath of Al.  There is hope of salvation for this new generation!