Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twins game postponed for non weather reasons
Definitely, major errors on both sides...  I'm curious how even using a tazer is appropriate when someone is trying to pull away in a car, as the tazer dart could injure and impair driving which could lead accidents injuring the public

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
Yet someone is dead. But I will not be surprised if the victim is to blame.
Me either. There is body cam footage and audio. Reforms and accountability are needed. 
Hmmm, you posted a quote from the BC police chief that the PO grabbed his gun instead of his taser and that it was an accidental shooting.  How can the victim be to blame for the PO's error and action?

Updated:  Wow, saw body cam footage, the PO is in deep doo doo as she should be...  No excuses for her "error". Shooting would not have happened if the gentleman had not jumped back into his car and tried to take off, why did he do that?  
OK

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
Me either. There is body cam footage and audio. Reforms and accountability are needed. 
Hmmm, you posted a quote from the BC police chief that the PO grabbed his gun instead of his taser and that it was an accidental shooting.  How can the victim be to blame for the PO's error and action?
Have you been reading this forum?
Yes, I have been and have since watched the body cam.  He didn't "make her choose the wrong weapon" or did he make her shoot.  He did make a major error.  Based on the timeline, the shooting would never have happened if he hadn't resisted and tried to pull away in the car.
This a fuck up on both sides, period.  He fucked up by trying to run, the PD fucked up by using a firearm instead of a taser.  

Frankly, this should a sobering event for both sides to admit faults and find room to avoid these interactions.
Please help me understand how trying to run was a requirement to getting shot. There is also the minor detail that the car started moving AFTER he was shot and also ran into another car AFTER he was shot.
If a police officer cant tell the difference between a taser and a gun then maybe they should not be an officer. Its not like the officer reacted under pressure or her life was in danger. She announced "I'll tase you" at 1:26 and shot him at 1:31. So she held that gun for 4 seconds and she could not tell she was holding a gun? That is simply gross negligence.
Lastly, officers are supposed to be prepared for situations like this. If an officer with a gun cant be composed then like I said we have bigger problems. 
So again, what in that exchange was so dangerous that it resulted to a loss of life. We are lucky more did not die from the reckless shooting

[Image: yxli1cdcxupm.jpg]

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
Have you been reading this forum?
Yes, I have been and have since watched the body cam.  He didn't "make her choose the wrong weapon" or did he make her shoot.  He did make a major error.  Based on the timeline, the shooting would never have happened if he hadn't resisted and tried to pull away in the car.
This a fuck up on both sides, period.  He fucked up by trying to run, the PD fucked up by using a firearm instead of a taser.  

Frankly, this should a sobering event for both sides to admit faults and find room to avoid these interactions.
Please help me understand how trying to run was a requirement to getting shot. There is also the minor detail that the car started moving AFTER he was shot and also ran into another car AFTER he was shot.
Let me guess, it was a mistake. But one person is dead from that mistake. If a police officer cant tell the difference between a taser and a gun then maybe they should not be an officer. Its not like the officer reacted under pressure or her life was in danger. She announced "taser, taser" and there were a few seconds before the shot so all this while she could not tell she was holding a gun? That is simply gross negligence 
No doubt gross negligence, and no one is stating that running gives them the right to shoot you . . . . . BUT . . .  in the case of interactions with police officers, anything you do, including talk, will work against you.  Even the most innocent of interactions with PD, with a person of interest sharing information can easily result in more trouble.  The police ultimately have the authority to make any interaction worse for you, they have that power both by law and by force and usually by numbers.

Regardless of who you are, what color you are, any pushing back (other than exercising your 5th amendment) will result in a worse interaction for anyone.  

Take a couple minutes and watch this fascinating video by a law professor (and police officer) who tells you the TRUTH about your rights and what you should do in every interaction with a police officer.  Ultimately it is, even if you believe you are innocent, say nothing, period.  Exercise your right to the 5th amendment, and never speak to a police officer.  

In our "Miranda rights", which are given to us before arrest, it says YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, bingo, exercise that right BECAUSE "anything you say can and will be USED AGAINST YOU in a court of law".  Not for you, against you.

Again regardless of your sex, race, etc., you need to know your rights against set of power mechanisms our society has allowed.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
Definitely, major errors on both sides...  I'm curious how even using a taser is appropriate when someone is trying to pull away in a car, as the tazer dart could injure and impair driving which could lead accidents injuring the public
The taser was wrong especially if the reasoning was to prevent him driving the car. We saw what happened when he was shot. The car ran into another car. So I have no idea why the officers thought tasing him while he was trying to drive away was a good idea. We are lucky that did not result to more injuries/death. Their decision making was really suspect.
Here are two things I still don't comprehend:
  1.  The officers had him out of the car and were about to put cuffs on him. How on earth do they lose him and he gets back into the car?
  2. It is being reported that there was a warrant for his arrest. If you pull over someone on a warrant why don't you have them turn off the car? They were by the car for a while before he came out. So they had time to neutralize any possibility of him escaping using the car.

there is no equivalency here. a person is fucking DEAD, forever, dead, not coming back, dead, all who depends on him or know him cant have 1 more tick with him. 

ok so he had a warrant?  that matters!  makes me feel like he had more a part on this tradgedy, but people should not end up DEAD. i now hope he was wanted for something violent. isnt that crazy 

[Image: hxo8ylj38ijy.jpg]

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Definitely, major errors on both sides...  I'm curious how even using a taser is appropriate when someone is trying to pull away in a car, as the tazer dart could injure and impair driving which could lead accidents injuring the public
The taser was wrong especially if the reasoning was to prevent him driving the car. We saw what happened when he was shot. The car ran into another car. So I have no idea why the officers thought tasing him while he was trying to drive away was a good idea. We are lucky that did not result to more injuries/death. Their decision making was really suspect.
Here are two things I still don't comprehend:
  1.  The officers had him out of the car and were about to put cuffs on him. How on earth do they lose him and he gets back into the car?
  2. It is being reported that there was a warrant for his arrest. If you pull over someone on a warrant why don't you have them turn off the car? They were by the car for a while before he came out. So they had time to neutralize any possibility of him escaping using the car.
Excellent questions.  In watching the video, the first officer on the driver's side appears to have the situation under control and is in the process of applying handcuffs.  It appears someone approaches from the rear and there appears to be a fumbled transfer to the second officer, allowing the suspect to pull away and jump into the car.  The papers say three PO were on scene and two males are seen on either side of the car.  The PO approaching from the rear most likely is the female officer.  Did she make two errors: fumble the transfer and shoot with pistol?