Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For DE Prospects
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I sense Kwity Paye is a little underrated on this board. Why is it that his arm length is such a secret? Anyone have it? 

EDIT: Found it. 33-inches, so not as bad as most thought. 

I really need to get passed his height and my Big Ten bias.

We go OL in the 1st, Turner would be a nice 3rd round option at DE. If he's still there. Seems to be screaming up boards.

https://twitter.com/BrownsMockDraft/stat...28002?s=20

Will be Oweh be there when we pick at 27# (after getting Zeus for 14 and a 3rd)?

Zeus and Oweh

What a day 1

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I sense Kwity Paye is a little underrated on this board. Why is it that his arm length is such a secret? Anyone have it? 

EDIT: Found it. 33-inches, so not as bad as most thought. 
I always feel like the "clean" guys are always a little underrated just because they don't get brought up much. You kind of get what you see with Paye and I think there is a lot to like there. I question how good of a pass rusher he will end up being, but he may end up a top run stuffing DE in the NFL. He is very good at setting the edge and should improve as a pass rusher with NFL coaching but we'll see. He fits the Vikings well since they don't need him to get consistent pressure, just enough push to let Danielle finish. Also similar to Rousseau you can slide him inside.  

• Oregon State LB Hamilcar Rashed Jr. ran a 4.58 second 40-yard dash at his pro day workout.Rashed Jr. tipped the scales at 6-foot-2 and 251 pounds with 33 1/2" arms. His 40-yard dash was an eyebrow-raiser, as the 4.58 he posted is good for a 91st percentile time. Other notable marks were a 36" vertical jump, 128" broad jump and 25 bench reps, as the Beavers edge rusher helped his NFL Draft resume' considerably. In 2020, he accounted for 23 total tackles (15 solo, 2.0 for loss) one forced fumble, one pass defensed and one blocked kick. He was lights out in 2019 as well, racking up 22.5 tackles for loss and 14.0 sacks. Rashed projects to be a late Day 2, early Day 3 selection.
    SOURCE: PFFApr 11, 2021, 6:36 PM ET
  • [Image: HOU_178x142.png]
    Houston DE Payton Turner posted a 6.70 second 3-cone drill at his pro day workout.Turner weighed in at 6-foot-6, 268 pounds with absurdly long 35 3/8" arms and did not run the 40-yard dash. His 3-cone drill of 6.70 seconds ranked in the 99th percentile of historical NFL defensive ends. The Cougars' standout DE ran a 4.25 short shuttle (84th percentile), banged out 23 bench reps and posted a 36" vertical jump (76th), all exceptional marks. Turner earned a superb 90.0 pass rush grade in 2020 according to PFF, and it's easy to see why he was able to dominate so thoroughly in the AAC after seeing these stellar testing marks, posting 10.5 TFL and five sacks in just five games this year. He is now firmly on the NFL Draft radar and is likely shaping up as a late third-to-early fourth round selection.
    SOURCE: PFF

I see so many guys like Turner, Robinson, etc who are looking like we have a shot in the third. I also see a ton of OTs who might be available in the same spot. I guess it will come down to do they have a shot at the 2nd or 3rd OT at #14 or the #1 or #2 Edge guy. With our past history, I'm happier with Darrisaw and Robinson as opposed to Phillips and Brown.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I see so many guys like Turner, Robinson, etc who are looking like we have a shot in the third. I also see a ton of OTs who might be available in the same spot. I guess it will come down to do they have a shot at the 2nd or 3rd OT at #14 or the #1 or #2 Edge guy. With our past history, I'm happier with Darrisaw and Robinson as opposed to Phillips and Brown.
Agreed....Those 3rd round OTs lack the athleticism to be LTs. They'll be RTs or will have to kick inside to OG. Give me Darrisaw in the 1st and Robinson/Roche/Elerson Smith in the 3rd.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I think during the actual draft the OTs will come off closer to the end of round 2, maybe early in round 3. Just depends where the run starts at. The raw pass rushers like Turner/Robinson should be there in the 3rd. But to your point the OT skill level drops off faster than edge rusher. You could argue that a guy like Turner may need a bit more refinement but has a similar upside to a Rousseau or Oweh. 

[Image: pag1o80657av.png]