• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Murder Trial
Quote: @Skodin said:
Prediction:
not guilty on 2nd degree
guilty on 3rd degree 20 years
guilty of manslaugter 10 years

anything less and there will be significant riots
Ill play. 2 years tops on a significantly reduced manslaughter. 

not guilty of 2nd degree murder 

Legal experts have been skeptical of the prosecutions charges and strategy since about day 1,  this will be interesting to say the least.

Quote:
@JimmyinSD said:
Legal experts have been skeptical of the prosecutions charges and strategy since about day 1,  this will be interesting to say the least.
What are YOU hoping for, Jimmy? 

In a strange way, I kinda hope for something that involves all the facets involved.

The cops in question are all s**t people, and deserve brutal sentences.  I'd hope for nothing less than 10 years each.

That said, I'd also want to know the actual damage done by the Fentanyl and other substances in Floyd's system...because he was possibly the WORST choice for a martyr to the BLM cause possible.

Career felon, held a gun at a pregnant woman's belly while his crew burgled her apartment...

...folks, myself and almost everyone I know would execute ANYONE for that, skin pigmentation be damned...

...and was apparently pretty gacked (according to his gf) and trying to pass counterfeit money.

I want it ALL discussed...the problems with the MPD, the ridiculous knee-jerk reactions, and even outside the courtroom, I want all the BS around this to come to light.

Floyd's name was a rallying cry for rioters and associated d-bags for most of the last year, DESPITE HIS FAMILY ASKING FOR PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATIONS.  So...I'm hoping that every worthless, spineless, sniveling s**tbag that felt like using some strange felon's murder as an excuse to destroy livelihoods and assault other strangers (in uniform or otherwise) gets sent all the way up the river.

The CHOP/CHAZ situation was near where I work, and it was no fuggin' joke.  The riots that happened during and after that time were absolutely exhibit A in the dangers of groupthink, and I wanted to vomit as the Seattle mayor called it "the summer of love" as two teenage kids were executed, brutally, in CHAZ.

George Floyd was murdered by filth, by cowards hiding behind badges.  That said, he was completely unworthy of 3 televised funerals and to be any kind of rallying cry.  The world was freaked out by COVID, and used the name of a murdered felon/addict/coward as an excuse to display the worst traits of humanity.

I really want to see it ALL discussed.  It ain't gonna happen, but that's my vain little hope.

It's a trial about Derek Chauvin's role in George Floyd's death, everything else is up to us outside the courtroom.  I watch as much as I can take and have to walk away.  Watched as they went over Chauvin's training records with the leaders of the program, the trainers and the police chief  and all said what went on was outside of his training.  Coroners agreed it was homicide, he didn't OD and it wasn't a natural death he just happened to have while Chauvin was restraining him, or if you like a very low probability.  The life of the suspect was the officers responsibility and he failed.  That is all that is happening in that court room. 

The rest is on us, I happen to believe that it is more about systemic issues.  It wasn't just Floyd's death, there is more to it, just need to figure that out.     

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I am hoping for justice for all involved,  i am hoping that the outcome doesn't create more innocent victims through continued vandalism and violence of those unaccepting of the verdict.

I dont believe the cops actions were legal or justified.  I dont believe the victim was either innocent nor a good person.  I do believe that some good may come from his death,  but we need to get past the anger and twister truths before we can have that conversation that may lead to that good.

I know that you are baiting me so go ahead and so what it is you want to say.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I am hoping for justice for all involved,  i am hoping that the outcome doesn't create more innocent victims through continued vandalism and violence of those unaccepting of the verdict.

I dont believe the cops actions were legal or justified.  I dont believe the victim was either innocent nor a good person.  I do believe that some good may come from his death,  but we need to get past the anger and twister truths before we can have that conversation that may lead to that good.

Not baiting you. This was a good answer. Personally, i think Floyd's history of beating puppies or whatever it was he did is irrelevant. Zanary complains that he was unworthy of "three televised funerals." That's not about George Floyd. That's about what he represents. 

I don't understand the need some people have to denigrate him, as if it matters. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Not baiting you. This was a good answer. Personally, i think Floyd's history of beating puppies or whatever it was he did is irrelevant. Zanary complains that he was unworthy of "three televised funerals." That's not about George Floyd. That's about what he represents. 

I don't understand the need some people have to denigrate him, as if it matters. 
Is it ok to think the overdose is what killed him?

I think giving Chauvin 2 years is throwning him to the wolves. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Why is it important for you to believe that? When both the ME and the ER doc ruled it out. When the actual cause of death is seen pretty clearly on video. 

@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Why is it important for you to believe that? When both the ME and the ER doc ruled it out. When the actual cause of death is seen pretty clearly on video. 
Exactly. It's ridiculous. But people will believe whatever they want to. This is why juries can be such wildcards: people are DUMB.