Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we keep voting for people like this?
Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
The elected are just symptoms of a much bigger problem.
yes, considering the majority in the house, white house and their half of the senate, there is a huge problem in this country.

The aforementioned Warnock for example.  SMFH
This might be just me, but I think the side of the aisle that just inspired an attempted coup MIGHT be a bigger problem...
Yeah, no I was already talking about the antifa supporting types.  

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your circle jerk here.  I thought maybe there was an honest liberal in the house.  Guess I was wrong.  

I love the troll that used Maxine Waters quote to get the democrats to condemn violence.  What a bunch of hypocrites.  
I'm a lib on many issues, not all. I sure as heck dont support Antifa or really nasty and evil people like MTG. We might actually agree on that despite being on both sides of the aisle? But I haven't heard you (or any other conservative here on the board) denounce her either. 
Antifa is an enormous exaggeration conjured by right wing media to assign the same sort of extremism to the left that they're burdened with on the right. But there's NO comparison. 
Tell that to the mayor of Portland.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/532365-portland-mayor-blames-antifa-anarchists-following-nye-riot%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.opb.org/article/2021/01/07/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-punched-at-restaurant/%3foutputType=amp

MB is behind the curve on his talking points.  Now that Biden is in control, Antifa is now considered a threat.

I love how you ding dongs equate Antifa with Democrats.

Neither of you have the vaguest clue what’s going on in Portland.

Antifa has no leadership, no structure or organization, no stated goals, no political stance other than simply being anti-fascist, anti-Nazi.  Just because they hate white supremacists doesn’t automatically make them liberals.

Let me try and dumb this down for you boys:

Antifa = anarchists.  

They have nothing to do with BLM, liberals, or Democrats.  They don’t like any political party, they just happen to hate Nazis and white supremacists even more than politicians.  Portland & Seattle has had a long history of counter-culture and anarchists.  I remember the anarchist instigators showing up at anti-war marches in Portland in the early 90s during the Gulf War, same thing in 1999 during the  WTO meetings in Seattle causing damage, and it was the same type of black clad anti-govt people doing the same shit back then as it is today .... they just didn’t have anyone to fight til now.

I just find it funny Antifa is fighting against the worst assholes, the crazy fringe of far-right extremists of today’s GOP so of course rightwing media labels Antifa as leftists and Democrats, just so rightwingers have a reliable “but what about those guys over there” excuse .... and boy howdy we all know how much y’all love to play that card.

I thought this was about Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Yeah, but what...

McConnell says Taylor Greene's embrace of conspiracy theories a 'cancer'Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday blasted Georgia GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s embrace of “loony lies and conspiracy theories” as a “cancer for the Republican Party.” 
“Somebody who’s suggested that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, that horrifying school shootings were pre-staged, and that the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.’s airplane is not living in reality,” McConnell said in a statement first shared with The Hill. “This has nothing to do with the challenges facing American families or the robust debates on substance that can strengthen our party.”
McConnell didn't mention Greene by name in his three-sentence statement, but his rare, scathing remarks about a freshman GOP lawmaker from the other chamber suggests he recognizes the potential damage her violent rhetoric and bizarre conspiracy theories could inflict on congressional Republicans as they try to take back both the House and Senate in next year’s midterms.  
Greene responded on Twitter, writing that "the real cancer for the Republican Party is weak Republicans who only know how to lose gracefully."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/53685...op-country

Democrats believe the controversial remarks by Greene and other GOP lawmakers will be toxic to Republican efforts to win back moderates, swing voters, women and suburbanites heading into 2022.
“These people are completely unmoored and really have become the face of the Republican Party,” said Mark Longabaugh, a veteran Democratic operative. “You’ll see them in ads with other Republican candidates standing together, and they’ll take everything she and other Republicans have voted on or said and put that in ads. It will be a problem for Republicans.”
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) released a statement over the weekend slamming House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) as the leader of the QAnon party for giving Greene seats on the House Education and Budget Committees.
The House Democratic campaign arm has been hounding Republicans for their support of Greene and drawing attention to those who donated to her or took campaign cash from Biggs, Gosar and others.
House Democrats are looking to force a vote on Greene’s expulsion, which would force Republicans to take a position on her.
Greene in an interview with OAN on Monday acknowledged the Parkland, Fla., shooting in 2018 was real, but in a statement to The Hill cast herself as a victim of left-wing and media smears.

“Democrats and their spokesmen in the Fake News Media will stop at nothing to defeat conservative Republicans,” she said. “They want to take me out because I represent the people. And they absolutely hate it.”
Former President Trump, still the de facto leader of the GOP, has been adding fuel to the fire, calling Greene last week to encourage her and setting up a meeting with her later this week.
“Marjorie Taylor Greene shows that the Republican Party is still Trump’s party and that’s a party that has lost races across the country and will continue to lose,” said David Bergstein, the director of battleground states communications at the Democratic National Committee.
McCarthy is also scheduled to meet with Greene this week as calls grow for him to strip her of her committee assignments.
Republican leaders know they have a problem.
In a string of media interviews over the weekend, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel called out Greene directly.
“The comments that are being put forward by Marjorie Taylor Green are atrocious,” she told The New York Times. “They need to be condemned. They are violent, they are inaccurate — they are very, very dangerous.”
McDaniel, a staunch Trump ally, also called the QAnon theory “beyond fringe” and “dangerous.”
Trump never condemned QAnon, part of his long-running refusal to condemn his extremist supporters.
Democrats are running with it, noting that many of the most controversial Republicans hail from purple states where Democrats have made recent gains, such as Georgia, Arizona and Colorado.
“It’s really problematic for McConnell that so many of these Republicans are in some of these major 2022 Senate battlegrounds,” said one Democrat who works on Senate campaigns. “Even if they are not candidates themselves, they are toxic figures who are defining the Republican brand for moderate and independent voters in these states that just flipped to Dems and they are becoming so controversial that the association damage could spill into other battleground states.”
Some Republicans are skeptical of the Democratic efforts, arguing that Greene doesn’t have nearly the influence within GOP politics as the progressive “Squad” members have in the Democratic Party.
They say efforts to tie all Republicans to Greene at a national level will energize the liberal base, but won’t have nearly the impact on swing voters. 
“To be clear, Taylor Greene believes some really dumb shit,” said Seth Weathers, who ran Trump’s 2016 campaign in Georgia. “But I think it will only hurt us as much as it has hurt Democrats that Ilhan Omar and AOC are the face of the Democrats. How much that hurt is, who knows. But I’m not that interested in their side taking issue with our people, when they’ve been silent on their own conspiracy theorists around Russia.”
Reps. Omar (D-Minn.) and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) are leading progressive lawmakers who have been lightning rods on conservative political and social media.
But other Republicans worry about what lawmakers like Greene in Georgia and Biggs in Arizona will mean in the long term as the GOP seeks to win back traditionally red states. Democrats carried both Georgia and Arizona in the 2020 presidential election and hold both Senate seats in both states after years of GOP dominance.
“Taylor Greene is kind of a pale imitation of the Trump problem Republicans have with suburban voters,” said Keith Naughton, a veteran Republican strategist. “If she was in Kansas, it wouldn’t be as much of an issue. But what’s going on now in Arizona and Georgia is a bigger issue. These problems are in the wrong areas.”
Some Republicans say the only answer is for the national party to completely withdraw its support of Greene and others like her.
“In 2019, House Republican leadership stripped Steve King of his committee assignments, and that lack of institutional support ultimately cost him his seat as he lost in the primary in 2020,” said Jon McHenry, a Republican pollster.
King was an Iowa House Republican whose racist remarks offended people in both parties for years. He lost a primary challenge in 2020.
“The longer a party tolerates the lunatic fringe, the more ingrained that image shapes the image of the party,” McHenry said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/53...ace-of-gop

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
yes, considering the majority in the house, white house and their half of the senate, there is a huge problem in this country.

This might be just me, but I think the side of the aisle that just inspired an attempted coup MIGHT be a bigger problem...

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your circle jerk here.  I thought maybe there was an honest liberal in the house.  Guess I was wrong.  

I love the troll that used Maxine Waters quote to get the democrats to condemn violence.  What a bunch of hypocrites.  
I'm a lib on many issues, not all. I sure as heck dont support Antifa or really nasty and evil people like MTG. We might actually agree on that despite being on both sides of the aisle? But I haven't heard you (or any other conservative here on the board) denounce her either. 
Not sure I have here, but yeah, from what little I have heard, she sounds off the deep end.  The Q crap is quite annoying and bizarre.  Don't pay it much attention, but every now and then I see some of it come across my view.  Usually can spot it quite quick.

What I wonder though, are there any on the left that will denounce Waters, Pelosi and others that have incited actual violence?  Rand Paul had quite a list including the shooting at the softball practice.

This is a gross simplification, Ive come to the conclusion there's too many 70+ year old white people still running this country...On both sides of the aisle. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Quote:This is a gross simplification, Ive come to the conclusion there's too many 70+ year old white people still running this country...On both sides of the aisle. 
Agree....we need more orange guys.   :p

When crazy meets crazy being sued....

https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/13...72039?s=20

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Not sure I have here, but yeah, from what little I have heard, she sounds off the deep end.  The Q crap is quite annoying and bizarre.  Don't pay it much attention, but every now and then I see some of it come across my view.  Usually can spot it quite quick.

What I wonder though, are there any on the left that will denounce Waters, Pelosi and others that have incited actual violence?  Rand Paul had quite a list including the shooting at the softball practice.

This is a gross simplification, Ive come to the conclusion there's too many 70+ year old white people still running this country...On both sides of the aisle. 
How old are you again brother? B)