Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary Kubiak plans to retire as Vikings offensive coordinator
Adam Gase anyone? Lol

For those bitching about Cousins...this will be his 6th offensive coordinator in 6 years

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Anthony Lynn would be a Zim candidate.
I’d blow a gasket! Lynn was brutal for the Chargers this year 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
If we get an OC under 40 prepare for 2,000 yards and 20 td's from Jefferson next year. Kidding, but not really #bestwideoutever
Ageist. Boomer lives matter. 
Haha touche. Can you imagine Cousins' stats with Kellen Moore as OC? He would throw for an insane amount of yards.

Darell Bevell will be looking for a job...

what @supafreak84 said:
Quote:
Adam Gase anyone? Lol

For those bitching about Cousins...this will be his 6th offensive coordinator in 6 years
what has teh stability on the defensive side given us? I say it should be a full clean house

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Anthony Lynn would be a Zim candidate.
They can then screw up the clock management together. 'Great' match

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Have to assume we will retain Dennison and the rest of the offensive coaches. Hopefully we can bring in someone to run it with a few fresh wrinkles unless Kubes Jr or Dennison can do it.  In no way do I want to completely change the system  again unless we just fire everyone and start over. I dont see that happening.  
Why assume that? Someone may lobby for a DeFilippo type. As many people have pointed out, Mike Zimmer loves adding coaches because they have "former head coach" on their resume. Maybe an outsider wants his own coaches, or even hates the ZBS that we have drafted OL to support. Or maybe we hire Hue Jackson but tell him he has to retain Dennison and staff, but as with adding guys like Capers, we end up with another coordinator who doesn't have free reign and contributions are muddled.

Sorry, this is another minefield for this team.

And not that my opinion counts, but I would try to bring Shurmur back. Would be interesting to see if he would return.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Bullazin said:
Have to assume we will retain Dennison and the rest of the offensive coaches. Hopefully we can bring in someone to run it with a few fresh wrinkles unless Kubes Jr or Dennison can do it.  In no way do I want to completely change the system  again unless we just fire everyone and start over. I dont see that happening.  
Why assume that? Someone may lobby for a DeFilippo type. As many people have pointed out, Mike Zimmer loves adding coaches because they have "former head coach" on their resume. Maybe an outsider wants his own coaches, or even hates the ZBS that we have drafted OL to support. Or maybe we hire Hue Jackson but tell him he has to retain Dennison and staff, but as with adding guys like Capers, we end up with another coordinator who doesn't have free reign and contributions are muddled.

And not that my opinion counts, but I would try to bring Shurmur back. Would be interesting to see if he would return.
Vic Fangio already put out word that Pat S. is not going anywhere. And yes, that would have been a good option

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Bullazin said:

I assume because I believe the Wilfs value what we have. This offense is playoff caliber and bringing a new system in would be risky with the current personnel. 

If the Wilfs blow it up, which I think is 5% chance or less, thats a whole ‘nother story. 

The ' best' option to maintain continuity is to promote Rick Dennison to OC. He was also the OC for Kubiak in Denver so he has been down this road before. The 'problem' with that is he was also the OC for the Bills when Josh Allen struggled and his offense ranked 29th. You could also argue that he was one of the guys who 'identified' Allen as the QB for the Bills.