Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Sure To Tune In To The Roofclaim.com Boca Raton Bowl Tonight
UCF has a terrible defense, but he was still throwing dimes to guys 30+ yards downfield. I really like Wilson and would take him over Fields. That being said, I doubt there is any chance he is available when we pick

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
UCF has a terrible defense, but he was still throwing dimes to guys 30+ yards downfield. I really like Wilson and would take him over Fields. That being said, I doubt there is any chance he is available when we pick
Yeah, Vikings will draft somewhere between 12-14 I think. Just out of range of the top QBs. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
When you like like someone you have to go get!  I'm tired of playing footsie and staring at each other from the across the class room. Do it the old fashion way...send a not to Spelly who can then give the note to Wilson with a few X's and O's on it Smile

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
When you like like someone you have to go get!  I'm tired of playing footsie and staring at each other from the across the class room. Do it the old fashion way...send a not to Spelly who can then give the note to Wilson with a few X's and O's on it Smile
Yeah, but we have zero clue "who they like". Rick obviously loves Kirk and that contract makes it hard to justify trading up to take Wilson. I'm not against it, just bringing up the obvious. Who knows, they may trade up to take Sewell or Rosseau. 

Well, they did try to trade up for Wirfs last year, so if by some miracle Sewell slides out of the top 5...

Rick's so good at finding qb talent and there's no one like Zim and this modern offense for a young kid to thrive in.  Can't wait for Mark and Zygmunt's annual August declaration that our Super Bowl trophy is at hand!!  You can taste the excitement, can't you?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Do you want a rookie QB behind this ol?
The qb would sit behind Cousins. I want to upgrade the line. 

Hell, I want both...Now that might seem a big task since the Vikings can't draft an OG if their franchise lives depended on it...

But yah, I want both. It's damn near Xmas. 

did I say I want both?

Of course I want both. My point is get a qb to mentor and a guard. 

I want us to go get the GM who is best known for drafting multiple HOF QB's.  The GM that didn't have HOF QB's fall right into the draft-able position they already had.  The GM who has never drafted a QB clunker and has never made a bad decision.  Of course that GM does not exist.  Wolf traded with the Falcons for Favre, Ted T drafted Rodgers who most would say fell into his lap, Jerry Jones drafted Dak in the 4th round and Belicheat drafted Brady in the the 7th???  So are these guys proven HOF GM's?  Have these guys then drafted another HOF QB?

What about Mahomes draft - the Chiefs GM who orchestrated - Dorsey - left the team before Mahomes started.  

All these guys were not good QB draft-ers until they were.  That is what the whole draft is at every position but QB is the most important position in football of course.  I don't know of any one GM who can lay claim to finding a diamond-in-the-rough multiple times and is known as the ultimate QB guru draft-er?  I might be missing that person?  IMO - Belicheat is not really a great drafter overall but he did draft Brady, and some serviceable guys like Cassel and then Garappollo etc.  But without the blind squirrel find of Brady would we consider these other QB's a great find?

Anyway:

This is a draft that we are going to be in "move-up" range for a top QB because we should be in low/mid teens and there look to be around 5 QB's as first rounders.  Most drafts do not have more then 2 or 3 projected 1st rounders and this could have 5+ when it is all said and done.  I have no problem with the Wilf's telling Spelly that we need to look towards the future (like 2 years in advance progressive planning) and make a decision for a young QB in round 1.  If they feel like Spelly is not the guy for that job then we need a new GM and coach with a keen eye on QB like the Chiefs and Bills have both done recently.  

I feel like this has become a franchise that just wades-in-the-water of mediocracy with the constant thought we just need to tweak over here and get player X back 100% and all is good.  I've seen enough of this for many years as a Viking fan over many many coaches, GM's, and ownership.  

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas/Hanukkah is a Viking ownership epiphany that we will no longer wade-in-the warm waters of mediocracy or a risk adverse acceptance.  Look into Christmas recent past franchises that have turned their Longships in the right direction towards the New Land/Vahalla with drafting QB conviction.  Everyone should be playing the Immigrant song right now...I will pause for you to do so 3, 2, 1.

Then drumroll....FKin draft Zach Wilson at all cost.  Heck, I'll start a go-F'it-account.

I don't give a rats arse that we have Cousins and his huge contract.  I want the Cousins/huge contract with Zach Wilson vs the Cousin/huge contract without Zach Wilson Smile  I want to have hope for years to come not the tepid warm waters of oh let's draft (non QB) player X at our draft position #15 and all is well in the world.  We can't wait for a stud QB to fall into our laps (like Rodgers) because that is the only position that can turn a ship.  We have had Moss, AD, JJeff fall into our laps and that can make many satisfied and entertained for years but without that QB it is just a warm bath that in time turns into the feeling that someone is pizzing down your leg.

Merry Christmas everyone Smile

The F-it price is going to be quite steep. If he gets passed the Jets, he slides to 4. Tepper is already talking about drafting a QB until you get one that can lead you to a SB. It'll take multiple 1s and additional draft capital to get in range for Wilson. 

On the other hand, if you are set on getting the QBOTF, Lance might be there at 14. It wasn't until someone compared him to McNair that the light went on for me. Seems like a reasonable comp and a guy who would greatly need/benefit from a couple years under the grow light. 

But, it's far more likely that the bulk of these guys turn into Gabbert, Ponder, Trubisky than Mahomes or Watson. Add to that, the financial commitment on the books, a QBOTF is about as likely Kate Upton showing up in my Christmas stocking.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The F-it price is going to be quite steep. If he gets passed the Jets, he slides to 4. Tepper is already talking about drafting a QB until you get one that can lead you to a SB. It'll take multiple 1s and additional draft capital to get in range for Wilson. 

On the other hand, if you are set on getting the QBOTF, Lance might be there at 14. It wasn't until someone compared him to McNair that the light went on for me. Seems like a reasonable comp and a guy who would greatly need/benefit from a couple years under the grow light. 

But, it's far more likely that the bulk of these guys turn into Gabbert, Ponder, Trubisky than Mahomes or Watson. Add to that, the financial commitment on the books, a QBOTF is about as likely Kate Upton showing up in my Christmas stocking.
What a Scrooge!