Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid-19 Vax
Critical Care Nurse in NY among the 1st to get vaccinated...It's a good day in that regard people Smile

[Image: e74acc98-fb5a-4ce4-8c50-dd4b41456487.jpg]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/politics/...index.html
Hear hear...

"This party has to stand up for democracy first, for our Constitution first, and not political considerations...Not to protect a candidate. Not simply for raw political power, and that's what I feel is going on and I've had enough."

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Hear hear...

"This party has to stand up for democracy first, for our Constitution first, and not political considerations...Not to protect a candidate. Not simply for raw political power, and that's what I feel is going on and I've had enough."
He is retiring so it doesn't really amount to much. Actions speak louder than words.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/politics/...index.html
I think he is retiring next month. I applaud him for it but would love to see it from someone with more skin in the game.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Hear hear...

He is retiring so it doesn't really amount to much. Actions speak louder than words.
Oops didn’t see your post. Agreed.

So anyone have a clue how you find out when and where you can get the vaccine?  Asked my Doctor last week and he was not aware of any "plan", sounds kind of like watch the news and figure it out.  If it's anything like the testing went, it's not going to be easy, at least in my parts.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
So anyone have a clue how you find out when and where you can get the vaccine?  Asked my Doctor last week and he was not aware of any "plan", sounds kind of like watch the news and figure it out.  If it's anything like the testing went, it's not going to be easy, at least in my parts.
Your state dept of health is tasked with coordinating in each state.  They started with Healthcare workers this week in SD.  Our states allocation of the first batch will be used up on the Healthcare workers and any left goes to nursing homes.

What information will they be using,  some of the information is shielded by hipaa, and if my doctor isnt integral to deployment.  If its like testing it will be up to me to tell them conditions, could be pretty subjective.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
What information will they be using,  some of the information is shielded by hipaa, and if my doctor isnt integral to deployment.  If its like testing it will be up to me to tell them conditions, could be pretty subjective.
Well my daughter the RN,  who just had covid 3 weeks ago was told she was getting her shot as a frontline worker when it was offered.  She wanted it used on somebody more at risk but the DOH up here has a plan and they are sticking to it regardless of pre exposure I guess.  Call you state DOH with questions for your area.

My kid got hers yesterday.