Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Opt Outs and Declared Underclassmen of Interest
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Iowa redshirt senior T Alaric Jackson announced on Monday that he will enter the 2021 NFL Draft.Jackson (6'6/315) did not play as well as many anticipated he would in 2019, due in large part to a bone bruise that he suffered during the first quarter of Iowa's opening game. The redshirt senior returned to school in hopes of both earning his degree and improving his draft prospects, and that's exactly how things played out. Jackson was a unanimous first team all-Big Ten selection at left tackle, and he was one reason why Iowa quarterbacks were sacked just nine times in seven games. Jackson projects to be a Day 3 selection this spring, but that status may be far more secure than it was last year. 
Alaric was fine, Tyler Linderbaum was better. Linderbaum was about as dominant as Wirfs

The only thing that worries me about Linderbaum is him getting shoved back by big nose tackles 

Quote: @Evilleviking93 said:
The only thing that worries me about Linderbaum is him getting shoved back by big nose tackles 
HE will fit in with Dozier and Bradbury perfectly.

[Image: USC_178x142_0.png]
USC redshirt junior T Alijah Vera-Tucker declared for the NFL Draft.Vera-Tucker (6'4/315) is a versatile lineman who earned All Pac-12 honors at the guard position as a sophomore before shifting over to left tackle this season. He had initially opted out of the 2020 season, but opted back in after the Pac-12 agreed to a shortened campaign starting in November. When asked about why he returned, Vera-Tucker said “One of the main reasons I came back was to compete with my brothers one more time and further my education toward a degree. Now it’s my time. I’m ready. I think it’s time to take that next step.” The redshirt junior is considered a top-40 overall prospect in this year's draft class and one of the five best interior lineman available. 
SOURCE: Yahoo Sports

Played both G and LT. Definitely a guy who should be on our radar.

I really like this draft.  The more I look at it the more I hate that we don't have a second round pick. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I really like this draft.  The more I look at it the more I hate that we don't have a second round pick. 
Give it a minute.

• [Image: Coastal%20Carolina_178x142.png]
    Coastal Carolina redshirt senior DE Tarron Jackson declared for the NFL Draft.Jackson (6'2/265) caps off an amazing season with AP All-American First Team accolades in addition to All-American recognition from ESPN and The Athletic. The redshirt senior was named as a Nagurski Trophy Finalist and a Bednarik Award Semifinalist in addition to a host of other superlatives. He was the cornerstone of an excellent CCU defense, leading the team in tackles for loss with 13.5 and sacks with 8.5 to go with three forced fumbles. He is considered a mid-round prospect for NFL Draft purposes and could greatly improve his stock with a solid set of Senior Bowl practices. 
    SOURCE: Tarron Jackson on TwitterDec 28, 2020, 3:38 PM ET
  • [Image: University%20of%20Florida.png]
    Florida redshirt junior DB Marco Wilson opted out of the Goodyear Cotton Bowl and declared for the NFL Draft.Wilson (6'1/191) is infamously known for his shoe-throwing incident in the waning moments of Florida's loss to LSU. He opened the season as a starting outside corner opposite C.J. Williams, but moved the nickel spot in favor of Jaydon Hill. It was a better spot for him, as he is much more effective in read and react scenarios as opposed to straight man-to-man coverage. The move also allowed the redshirt junior to line up closer to the point of attack where his ability to bring pressure on blitzes can be utilized more often. Wilson is ranked in the 10-15 range of draft eligible corners. 

[Image: University%20of%20Florida.png]
Florida senior WR Kadarius Toney announced on Monday that he has opted out of the Cotton Bowl and will turn pro. Well, Florida QB Kyle Trask will be without another proven weapon for the Gators' matchup with Oklahoma. Toney (6'0/198) is the third Gator offensive standout to make the decision to begin preparations for the NFL Draft now, joining TE Kyle Pitts and WR Trevon Grimes. Toney started each of Florida's 11 games in 2020, catching 70 passes for 984 yards and ten touchdowns. Also used on special teams, the senior wide receiver amassed 1,439 all-purpose yards and scored 12 total touchdowns (10 receiving, one rushing and one punt return). Toney is projected to be an early Day 3 selection in this spring's draft, with Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline giving him a fourth-round grade. 
SOURCE: Kadarius Toney on Twitter

Harvin 2.0. I seriously doubt he gets out of Day 2

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
Give it a minute.

I'd like to see them move some of that mid round capitol (8 picks between rounds three and five) and get back into the second round

Or trade down from 13...either way, I'll be shocked if we don't recoup that 2...I think this draft is light on top with a thick Day 2...