Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Trey Lance be there when Minnesota picks?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
I wonder if a guy like Carson Wentz could be available? He'll be 28 at the end of next month. I think the Eagles could be close to seeing what they have in Jalen Hurts. 
I would rather just try to trade for Hurts.  The Eagles are locked in to Wentz, maybe they would be willing to part with their recently drafted rookie?  It was a puzzling selection considering they just paid Wentz a ton of money.

Pederson's recent comments suggest they aren't making a QB change, but that could also be him trying to keep his team's moral up.  Hard to say, but I liked Hurts a lot coming out.  That's the guy I would go for...  you could also groom him behind Cousins on a cheap rookie deal.

I liked Hurts too - especially as a 2nd rounder...

Quote: @minny65 said:
Lance reminds me of Jordan Love with the small school, arm and running skills.  Not a lot of tape on Lance because they only play one game this season.  That scares me.  His only game he had a 50% completion.  He threw the ball 30 times and also ran 15 in that game.  He runs too much.  He does first read and run. 

The 2019 season he was lights out with 25 TD's and 0 Int's the whole season including Bowl. 
In the final game Bowl game they won he ran the ball 30 times and threw it 10 times, is that because he wasn't reading the Defense? 
 His arm looks to be a little better then Jordan Love IMO.
I would guess there's tape on Lance from last year where he had a 67% completion and threw 28 TD's and 0 picks. If we all want to be internet scouts and claim he was impressive this year based on one game then so be it. I'll likely side with the dozens of scouts who say he's the third qb taken

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@minny65 said:
Lance reminds me of Jordan Love with the small school, arm and running skills.  Not a lot of tape on Lance because they only play one game this season.  That scares me.  His only game he had a 50% completion.  He threw the ball 30 times and also ran 15 in that game.  He runs too much.  He does first read and run. 

The 2019 season he was lights out with 25 TD's and 0 Int's the whole season including Bowl. 
In the final game Bowl game they won he ran the ball 30 times and threw it 10 times, is that because he wasn't reading the Defense? 
I would guess there's tape on Lance from last year where he had a 67% completion and threw 28 TD's and 0 picks. If we all want to be internet scouts and claim he was impressive this year based on one game then so be it. I'll likely side with the dozens of scouts who say he's the third qb taken
I personally like Lance's upside and would be very happy if the Vikings took him with their pick in the first round. He's what the modern NFL is looking like now and moving forward. But my biggest concern is the lack of playing time. But if he can sit and learn for a bit, I would love this pick.

@Hawkvike25 said:
@minny65 said:

I personally like Lance's upside and would be very happy if the Vikings took him with their pick in the first round. He's what the modern NFL is looking like now and moving forward. But my biggest concern is the lack of playing time. But if he can sit and learn for a bit, I would love this pick.
If your concerns are lack of playing time or lack of competition then that's fine. I'm just annoyed with those who say he didnt look good in the one guaranteed game this year. Apparently we just ignore his awesome year last year which is why he's a projected first round pick. Perhaps they are just better scouts than me haha

I wonder if a guy like Carson Wentz could be available? He'll be 28 at the end of next month. I think the Eagles could be close to seeing what they have in Jalen Hurts. 
Ugh. His injury history and he has double the turnovers as Cousins. 

@StickyBun said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@minny65 said:

If your concerns are lack of playing time or lack of competition then that's fine. I'm just annoyed with those who say he didnt look good in the one guaranteed game this year. Apparently we just ignore his awesome year last year which is why he's a projected first round pick. Perhaps they are just better scouts than me haha
i dont really see anybody pointing to his poor performance in his one outing this year as any major indication of his draft worthyness.   Its more about his level of competition and lack of body of work IMO for most of those saying pump the brakes.

honestly though, if he fell to them at 15-20 and the took him,  I would be fine with that,  but what would piss me off is if he fell to like the 9th or 10th spot and Rick used this years first plus next years first and some of this years day 2 picks to move up and take him, or if we somehow ended up in a position much much higher and used the pick on him when we could likely have dropped down a few spots, added some more picks and still got him.

@minny65 said:

Geez, OK I was jus giving an intial opinion and wasn't claiming I was a scout, chill.

Also, I am not judging him on one game I also mentioned the year before and the final bowl game.  I think it is concerning when you QB runs the ball 30 times and throws it 10 times with 6 completions for 72 yards.

Lance- I’d love the pick. If the negative comps are Lamar and Wentz then wow! Lamar won the MVP and Wentz would have if he didn’t get hurt that one year. Sure I’d rather have Mahomes but Lance is a very intriguing prospect for sure. High risk, high reward. 

Hurts- I liked him coming out too but there’s no way we trade for him. If Rick wanted him for a 1st he would’ve drafted him. And if Philly would trade him away for a 3rd, that’s damning.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@minny65 said:

i dont really see anybody pointing to his poor performance in his one outing this year as any major indication of his draft worthyness.   Its more about his level of competition and lack of body of work IMO for most of those saying pump the brakes.

honestly though, if he fell to them at 15-20 and the took him,  I would be fine with that,  but what would piss me off is if he fell to like the 9th or 10th spot and Rick used this years first plus next years first and some of this years day 2 picks to move up and take him, or if we somehow ended up in a position much much higher and used the pick on him when we could likely have dropped down a few spots, added some more picks and still got him.
Read PSBlakes comment in this thread where he said he watched the one game and wasnt impressed. As I said before, if lack of competition scares you then that's fine I can justify that. The kid was a monster last year and has the intangibles needed for an NFL QB. Do I think there is a QB outside of Fields or Lawrence that I would trade up for if our pick is 12-16? I lean no so I agree on the trade up to 9 or 10 point