Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 8 offensive plays...15 yds
You're right, Zanary, I've never been a Cousins fan.  I don't hate him.  I just don't think he's very good when the game is on the line.  Maybe you disagree, and good for you.
When the Vikes got the ball with plenty of time to at least tie it, I said to my wife "Now it's time to see what our 30 million dollar QB can do!". 

He once again showed us.

Maybe, just maybe....it's a little bit of everything? Don't wanna exlcude the playcalling as well: on that last 4th down play they sent Jefferson and Beebe on a middle and short out left (Beebe even short of the sticks!) and Thielen DEEP on the right side. What about Rudolph and Cook, you ask? Well, they STAYED IN TO BLOCK to make it 7 on 4....srsly? Nobody in the middle of the field, although there was plenty of time left and they also still had one timeout remaining...that call I just don't get.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
D gives up 31 points to a 2-7 team, and we're talking about Cousins?

Jfc
This year records are meaningless. I don't blame Cousins at all. He actually played a very good game. But I blame the offense more than the defense. 

The defense is what it is. It's held together with stuff you find in your junk drawer. It's been playing out of its mind the last several weeks, but considering who they are, we're just going to get mixed results. And you certainly cannot count on them to put a game away. 

But we SHOULD be able to count on our offense. One of the best running games in the NFL against the 2nd worst run defense in the NFL. We had a chance to put the game away pitting our strength against their weakness. And we couldn't do it. 

It was like the Seattle game. I was screaming at the TV..."you CANNOT give this team the ball back." You give them the ball back, you lose. The defense will not hold. It just won't. Same thing in this game. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Jfc
This year records are meaningless. I don't blame Cousins at all. He actually played a very good game. But I blame the offense more than the defense. 

The defense is what it is. It's held together with stuff you find in your junk drawer. It's been playing out of its mind the last several weeks, but considering who they are, we're just going to get mixed results. And you certainly cannot count on them to put a game away. 

But we SHOULD be able to count on our offense. One of the best running games in the NFL against the 2nd worst run defense in the NFL. We had a chance to put the game away pitting our strength against their weakness. And we couldn't do it. 

It was like the Seattle game. I was screaming at the TV..."you CANNOT give this team the ball back." You give them the ball back, you lose. The defense will not hold. It just won't. Same thing in this game. 
Have you considered with a half-ass defense that yields way too many yards and points, that the offense has been put in too many situations to win it at the end...and quietly hoping Cousins fails at the end?

The game wasn’t Kirk’s fault. He played well.

But to say the D didn’t give us a chance to win is wrong. Offense had the ball twice late in the game— one 3 and out, one 4 and out. We did have a chance to win it (two, actually). As usual, we didn’t. 

I’m curious what the Vikings stats are during the 2 minute drill at the end of games, but I’m terrified to look. 

Painful, disappointing, frustrating loss. 

Watching GB and KC march down the field during these same situations against better defenses, right after our game, didn’t make me feel much better. 

Also, our special teams stink. Sigh. 

/end whinefest 

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Jfc

Have you considered with a half-ass defense that yields way too many yards and points, that the offense has been put in too many situations to win it at the end...and quietly hoping Cousins fails at the end?
This. The offense put up 28 points....saying the offense is to blame because you can't rely on the defense doesn't make sense. The Viking's offense was also dominating in time of possession at one point. If the defense is leaky, its almost impossible to hide every single week against NFL teams. It won't happen. Also lost the turnover and penalties battle. 

If you have Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers and an offense that is tailor-made to their unique skills, maybe there's more of a debate. But who has those guys?? 2 teams in the NFL. And Rodgers won a Superbowl 9 years ago, so even he can't pull it off with a shitty defense. 

Its simple: this loss is on the defense. 

Like I said in the original post 15 yds in their last 8 offensive snaps. Yes, the offense played a good game, at least for most of 2nd half. Yes, the defense did not play well. But they had this fucking game in their grasp and Cousins and the fucking offense failed, they could not hold onto the ball when they needed to.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Like I said in the original post 15 yds in their last 8 offensive snaps. Yes, the offense played a good game, at least for most of 2nd half. Yes, the defense did not play well. But they had this fucking game in their grasp and Cousins and the fucking offense failed, they could not hold onto the ball when they needed to.
I just don't understand how it comes down to one man' fault for the loss...Cousins.  What about the other 52 players on the roster?  This is still a team sport,  a team win or a team loss period.  How people can solely lay this on just one player's feet is beyond me.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
I just don't understand how it comes down to one man' fault for the loss...Cousins.  What about the other 52 players on the roster?  This is still a team sport,  a team win or a team loss period.  How people can solely lay this on just one player's feet is beyond me.
Cousins has been the whipping boy for some the day he signed that huge contract. No matter what he does, unless he wins a Superbowl, he'll continue to be that for some fans. He's not perfect. He will error on the side of being conservative sometimes. I'm actually ready for the team to draft a QB. But I sure don't blame him for this loss or other losses that weren't his fault. 

Team game and team loss including coaching