Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The good news is, this is the year to draft a QB!!
@StickyBun: WILSON FOR HEISMAN! Are you on board the BYU hype train?

Five reasons why I would love to see Wilson in purple:

#1. The Vikings QB room needs some energy, excitement and passion for the game. He has a strong arm, athletic and very accurate. 

#2. BYU quarterbacks have a richer tradition and success rate transitioning to the NFL over schools like Ohio State and others.

#3. Wilson style of play is fun to watch and he will have no trouble winning the hearts of the Vikings' fan base. He is also someone who could admirably fill the role as Cousins understudy (yet compete/push for playing time) "if" the Vikings are stuck with Cousins for 2 more years.

#4. Wilson is a gun slinger with an (underrate) big arm, who on occasion can/will take snaps under center.

#5. I have a man crush on Wilson and he is officially now my #4QB in this class. I have my fingers crossed Wilson (a junior) declares early for the NFL Draft. I think he is a winner!

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:

#1. The Vikings QB room needs some energy, excitement and passion for the game. He has a strong arm, athletic and very accurate. 

#2. BYU quarterbacks have a richer tradition and success rate transitioning to the NFL over schools like Ohio State and others.

#3. Wilson style of play is fun to watch and he will have no trouble winning the hearts of the Vikings' fan base. He is also someone who could admirably fill the role as Cousins understudy (yet compete/push for playing time) "if" the Vikings are stuck with Cousins for 2 more years.

#4. Wilson is a gun slinger with an (underrate) big arm, who on occasion can/will take snaps under center.

#5. I have a man crush on Wilson and he is officially now my #4QB in this class. I have my fingers crossed Wilson (a junior) declares early for the NFL Draft. I think he is a winner!
Wilson playing a full season this year, and Lance not,  could propel him ahead of the bison signal caller.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Carl Knowles said:

Wilson playing a full season this year, and Lance not,  could propel him ahead of the bison signal caller.
Would we be getting Wade Wilson or Russel Wilson?

If it's the latter??

[Image: tenor.gif]

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Carl Knowles said:

Nope. That won't happen. Lance's upside is going to be considered very desirable for the modern NFL QB. Wilson can't touch Lance's physical upside. BUT....to your point which I also agree with....Lance is very unproven. And we like a more proven entity for sure. It will be extremely interesting to see how it all pans out in the upcoming Draft. 

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:

I'm coming around, Carl, that's how I'll put it. I can get caught up in a charismatic gunslinger just like other fans. I love Wilson's swag. I'm concerned about the low-end competition he's going against. He had ALL DAY to throw against Texas State. Just like Fields honestly at Ohio State...the dude has forever to make a decision and throw. Its a little concerning.

There are some good quarterbacks but a whole lot of teams that suck and need a quarterback. They have to stockpile picks in case they have to trade up. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

@Carl Knowles said:

I'm coming around, Carl, that's how I'll put it. I can get caught up in a charismatic gunslinger just like other fans. I love Wilson's swag. I'm concerned about the low-end competition he's going against. He had ALL DAY to throw against Texas State. Just like Fields honestly at Ohio State...the dude has forever to make a decision and throw. Its a little concerning.
Eh, the competition thing is a little overrated, most top QBs play against crappy teams most of the time. Mahomes played the same type of teams as Wilson. I think he looks a little like Mahomes did when he played. Same type of toolset and love the attitude. 

I think as much as we want it to be science, there is certainly art involved...Then you've got to be smart on how you use the asset once you've (hopefully) acquire talent.

Carroll with Wilson, Reid with Mahomes, Belichek with Brady are great examples of tailoring systems that play to a strength. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

@Carl Knowles said:

I am not really cheering for anybody in this race except the Jets (damn near beat the bills today)  but how can you like lance over wilson if quality of competition is one of your qualifiers?

Maybe I really underestimate Lance but I have a hard time seeing him making a great NFL QB,  I have a hard time seeing small town kids coming through small time colleges, climbing that hill and not having the lights be to bright. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I think as much as we want it to be science, there is certainly art involved...Then you've got to be smart on how you use the asset once you've (hopefully) acquire talent.

Carroll with Wilson, Reid with Mahomes, Belichek with Brady are great examples of tailoring systems that play to a strength. 
If the wheels continue to fall off for the Vikings... I would hire Eric Bieniemy to replace Zimmer. Why?

Andy Reid graduated from BYU and got his coaching career started there as a graduate assistant. Patrick Mahomes and Reid are both fans of Zach Wilson. I can see Bieniemy being all in on this kid too.

Bieniemy and Zach Wilson... ad that to your list. SKOL