Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Mattison hits the hole, game over....
Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@comet52 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
It was the right call, sadly it didn't work out. Anyone blaming Zimmer is just doing so either because they had already made up their mind that they want him gone, or are just frustrated and can't see the forest for the trees right now.

This team lost two close games in the final minute to a team that's 5-0 now, and another that was in last year's AFC title game. Right now it is what it is. Hopefully we can rebound vs the Falcons next week. After that it's the bye week, a huge game vs the Packers right out of the break, and then a bit of a run with average to below average teams after them.
There's still a Zimmer believer amidst the smoking wreckage of this franchise... 
You know what? You're absolutely right. If only I can harken back to the memories of Mike Tice, or those of Brad Childress, hell, even Leslie Frazier to make me realize how good we had it so that we can finally get rid of this 7 year dumpster fire...oh wait. 

That fair weather you're enjoying must be really good for the mind and soul. 

On a more serious note, my only gripe is the inability for this franchise to find a true franchise QB, cuz Kirk ain't it. 
You seem angry about Mike which is weird unless maybe you're Adam Zimmer in which case, get back to work lol.   And prone to rationalizing about him.  He will never lead this team to a title.  He's shown us what he is and isn't over 6+ years.  He should be a DC not a HC.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@comet52 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
It was the right call, sadly it didn't work out. Anyone blaming Zimmer is just doing so either because they had already made up their mind that they want him gone, or are just frustrated and can't see the forest for the trees right now.

This team lost two close games in the final minute to a team that's 5-0 now, and another that was in last year's AFC title game. Right now it is what it is. Hopefully we can rebound vs the Falcons next week. After that it's the bye week, a huge game vs the Packers right out of the break, and then a bit of a run with average to below average teams after them.
There's still a Zimmer believer amidst the smoking wreckage of this franchise... 
You know what? You're absolutely right. If only I can harken back to the memories of Mike Tice, or those of Brad Childress, hell, even Leslie Frazier to make me realize how good we had it so that we can finally get rid of this 7 year dumpster fire...oh wait. 

On a more serious note, my only gripe is the inability for this franchise to find a true franchise QB, cuz Kirk ain't it. 
You seem angry about Mike which is weird unless maybe you're Adam Zimmer in which case, get back to work lol.   And prone to rationalizing about him.  He will never lead this team to a title.  He's shown us what he is and isn't over 6+ years.  He should be a DC not a HC.  
Lol, please don't confuse my sarcasm with anger. I get enough crap about that outside of this forum. But one thing I'll say is that I don't believe it's rationalizing, more so substantiating the results.

I believe this season was never really about contending, but more about reloading for the next run. Unfortunately I don't think Cousins is the guy to lead this team to a title. That's where my difference is. I think the coach is good enough to win, not the QB. And I say that as someone who likes Cousins. But you gotta call it like it is and I just don't think he's that guy.

Absolutely. If Kirk wouldn't have thrown an INT. If they didn't go for 2 so early. Oh well. 1 and 4 it is. I had no problem going for it on 4th down.

I can't stop looking at that hole. I love Mattison and we're lucky to have him, but what are the odds Cook sees that hole? I'd say about 95%. The back sees the hole, it's game over. That isn't just a first down, it's a walk-in touchdown. The value of great talent over good talent isn't always obvious, but it sure is on that play. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I can't stop looking at that hole. I love Mattison and we're lucky to have him, but what are the odds Cook sees that hole? I'd say about 95%. The back sees the hole, it's game over. That isn't just a first down, it's a walk-in touchdown. The value of great talent over good talent isn't always obvious, but it sure is on that play. 
Stop looking at it. It's a black hole and it's easy to second guess and what if but the reality is the first half was a thing of beauty that they could not sustain in the second half. Once Cook was out, Cousins went to Thielen like a security blanket. The reality is that they have to have a game plan for being without Cook because he can't stay healthy. Running him into the ground is not sustainable. I am glad Cousins responded after the interception. Cousins needs so many elements around him to work in order to succeed. That's who he is. They have to begin thinking of plan b, c and d. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
Stop looking at it. It's a black hole and it's easy to second guess and what if but the reality is the first half was a thing of beauty that they could not sustain in the second half. Once Cook was out, Cousins went to Thielen like a security blanket. The reality is that they have to have a game plan for being without Cook because he can't stay healthy. Running him into the ground is not sustainable. I am glad Cousins responded after the interception. Cousins needs so many elements around him to work in order to succeed. That's who he is. They have to begin thinking of plan b, c and d. 

Sustaining good play for an entire game has been a Vikings problem for a while. At least since the 2017 playoffs.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@comet52 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@comet52 said:
@PurpleCrush said:

Lol, please don't confuse my sarcasm with anger. I get enough crap about that outside of this forum. But one thing I'll say is that I don't believe it's rationalizing, more so substantiating the results.

I believe this season was never really about contending, but more about reloading for the next run. Unfortunately I don't think Cousins is the guy to lead this team to a title. That's where my difference is. I think the coach is good enough to win, not the QB. And I say that as someone who likes Cousins. But you gotta call it like it is and I just don't think he's that guy.
No he's not that guy--can't improvise under pressure.  He needs a script and certainty and football is often chaos.

As for a reload, their off-season moves look like their annual win-now fantasy at play.  Add to that Zimmer's interview where he mentioned his need to win now since he's near the end of the line. The Cousins extension really hamstrings them.  Just a bad move.