Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing like denial and political condemnation from your local priest...
Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
Sure good to know he has supported every candidate that advocated public health care and was anti-death penalty, based on other discussions I would have never guessed.  
You have a reference to Christ advocating public health care?

That "least of these"  thing, Matthew 25, I am sure there is a complicated reason why I am wrong.  I am okay staying wrong in your judgment.  How about Capital punishment?

And how would being a prolifer prevent me for caring for the least of these?  

Does pro-life mean yes to capital punishment in your world?  Not in mine.

@MaroonBells said:
Abortion is the only word that can make followers of Christ vote against everything Christ ever talked about because of one issue that Christ never talked about.
Very gross false generalization.  Being pro-life has not caused me to vote against ANYTHING that Christ taught. 
You make it easy, you said vote and I picked two easy hypocrisies for "pro-lifers".  Post fetus love and supporting state sponsored murder.

You asked a question "You have a reference to Christ advocating public health care?"  You chose one of the two topics I gave when you stated , "ANYTHING".  gave you my opinion, in response, Mathew 25, then passed on the second one.
I do see your point, it's not because your a pro-lifer that you would vote against things Christ taught, your just exercising your freedom to choose. 

Not sure how you feel about Capital punishment, you have danced around that.  Let me rephrase the question, do you prefer the State as a murderer or for profit dungeon Master.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
Abortion is the only word that can make followers of Christ vote against everything Christ ever talked about because of one issue that Christ never talked about.
You're wrong about both... but you prefer to be ignorant of what the Bible says (and don't even believe that it's "true"), so there's no point in arguing with you.  But, as a rule, I feel compelled to point out that you're most definitely wrong.
Pumpf,

Do you believe in the literal interpretation line by line of the Bible, or do you believe some parts were written in metaphorical terms?

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
Very gross false generalization.  Being pro-life has not caused me to vote against ANYTHING that Christ taught. 
You make it easy, you said vote and I picked two easy hypocrisies for "pro-lifers".  Post fetus love and supporting state sponsored murder.

I suppose you think you got me?  I used "vote" in reply to MB's comment were he states "Abortion is the only word that can make followers of Christ vote against everything Christ talked about"

His statement is totally false, being pro-life has not lead me to vote against "everything Christ taught", in fact, I can't think of one area that I have voted against Christ's teachings.  You do not know me at all, so please stop making false assumptions.

You asked a question "You have a reference to Christ advocating public health care?"  You chose one of the two topics I gave when you stated , "ANYTHING".  gave you my opinion, in response, Mathew 25, then passed on the second one.

Is there a reference where Christ advocates public health care?  No, there is not but we are called to support those in need which I do and I have not voted for someone who is against supporting those in need.  Course the parties squabble over amount but not the need to support.
I do see your point, it's not because your a pro-lifer that you would vote against things Christ taught, your just exercising your freedom to choose. 

You do not know how I have voted.  You're projecting again and as usual, your projection is incorrect.  

Not sure how you feel about Capital punishment, you have danced around that.  Let me rephrase the question, do you prefer the State as a murderer or for profit dungeon Master.

No dancing at all.  I could I not have been more clear, Pro-life does not mean pro capital punishment.  Thus, as clearly stated, I do not support capital punishment.

@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:

I suppose you think you got me?  I used "vote" in reply to MB's comment were he states "Abortion is the only word that can make followers of Christ vote against everything Christ talked about"

His statement is totally false, being pro-life has not lead me to vote against "everything Christ taught", in fact, I can't think of one area that I have voted against Christ's teachings.  You do not know me at all, so please stop making false assumptions.

My statement is only false if you do not support Donald Trump. There are millions of pro-life Christians who are disgusted by Donald Trump and refuse to vote for him. You're obviously one. And I respect that. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Nut job. And this is a person speaking to a congregation who have put their faith in him. Ridiculous.

Pretty sure you don't know how that works.  I can't speak for everyone, but I've never put "faith" into any pastor/priest.  Their job is to lead a congregation not somehow become something worthy of faith. In fact if you're not questioning and verifying what they're preaching on Sunday you're not doing your job as a believer in Christ. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
Nut job. And this is a person speaking to a congregation who have put their faith in him. Ridiculous.

Pretty sure you don't know how that works.  I can't speak for everyone, but I've never put "faith" into any pastor/priest.  Their job is to lead a congregation not somehow become something worthy of faith. In fact if you're not questioning and verifying what they're preaching on Sunday you're not doing your job as a believer in Christ. 
You're putting your faith in the priest as a leader. Possibly a mentor to some in the congregation. I was raised Catholic, I 'know how it works'. Rather, I'll say I know how its supposed to work. That's where the faith in the pastor/priest comes, its not the faith that you have in God. That's different. In fact, many Catholics put blind faith into their priests and look where that got them. 

Trust me, I know more than I want to know about organized religion. IMO, Its a sham and hypocritical beyond anything. If you get something from it, good for you. And how do you 'verify' something that is faith-based? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:

My statement is only false if you do not support Donald Trump. There are millions of pro-life Christians who are disgusted by Donald Trump and refuse to vote for him. You're obviously one. And I respect that. 
No, your original statement implies that being pro-life means a person will ALWAYS vote against Christ's teaching.  Christ had an awful lot to say and being pro-life is not contradictory to his teaching.  Your generalization is totally false. 

Given your most recent clarifying comment, you really should reduce your statement to something like "pro-lifers only vote for pro-life candidates" which is only true if someone is a single issue voter.  In my part of the country, our local and state candidates are nearly all pro-life.  Being pro-abortion in Idaho is the fast track for a resounding defeat at the polls.  And not just for abortion but for other progressive positions.

@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:

No, your original statement implies that being pro-life means a person will ALWAYS vote against Christ's teaching.  Christ had an awful lot to say and being pro-life is not contradictory to his teaching.  Your generalization is totally false. 

Given your most recent clarifying comment, you really should reduce your statement to something like "pro-lifers only vote for pro-life candidates" which is only true if someone is a single issue voter.  In my part of the country, our local and state candidates are nearly all pro-life.  Being pro-abortion in Idaho is the fast track for a resounding defeat at the polls.  And not just for abortion but for other progressive positions.

ALWAYS, is probably a tish of an overstatement, how about a high probability, just like when you speak of absolutes and generalizations of others.   Face it being a pro-lifer is identifying as being in a political group, you are perceived as being part of who you hang out with.  Double edged sword.