Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primer: Upcoming Debates
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Just watched some focus group reaction, and the needle didn't appear to move in either direction.  Trump supporters weren't moved by Biden and vis-a-vis.  Everyone thought it was a poor display of decorum. 

I thought Joe did what he needed to and didn't F up.  Trump was Trump and elicited my normal response, he dragged it to his level.  How do you not talk over someone that refuses to not talk over you.
Agreed. Even Wallace pointed out that Trump did most of the talking out of turn. By that point, what choice did Joe have? Just stand there and be quiet and let Trump continue to spew?

This was Biden's debate to lose. No matter what Trump did, it was not going to move the needle of his base. No matter what, he 'wins' with them. Biden, on the other hand, had to hold his own, display some humanity, dismiss the sleepy joe narrative and articulate his positions. Was he perfect? Nope. But there is no comparison between the two.

Hey Proud Boys! Stand back and stand by!

He said he would ask the proud boys to stand back and stand down. Proud boys groups are already posting that mantra on their social media sites stating that it is a call to action. 

Just perusing the cable news talk shows and it appears that the words "Shit Show" is now a part of our national vernacular on national television. I wish I was joking. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@IDVikingfan said:
What a total shit show!  Both candidates were talking over each other.  Personally, I don't know if any minds are changed, will be interesting to see what happens in the polls.
Both sides..... Really? The moderator had to say things like "Now Mr. President if you just hang on a second you are going to like this next question". Come on man this was an impulsive, bullying narcissist, imbecile. 
Didn't do a tally to calculate proportions but clearly both were talking over each other.  Worst debate I've sat through, glad I'm voting third party, can't stomach either candidate.

He said he would ask the proud boys to stand back and stand down. Proud boys groups are already posting that mantra on their social media sites stating that it is a call to action. 
To make it worse, it was actually stand back and stand "by". That comes across as though he is asking them to wait for his direction. Be on the ready. These groups already listen and watch for what they believe are cues from Trump. He cannot go soon enough.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@Mike Olson said:
To make it worse, it was actually stand back and stand "by". That comes across as though he is asking them to wait for his direction. Be on the ready. These groups already listen and watch for what they believe are cues from Trump. He cannot go soon enough.
yep you are right. I recalled it incorrectly. Just the stand by part was so disgustingly alarming to me that I was completely dumbfounded. 

I heard “stand back and stand by”.  Could be wrong.

Oh and FYI, the “Portland Sheriff” that Trump said gave him his support has already come out publicly and said that’s a lie, he never has and never will support Trump.  That’s the Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese commenting on Twitter. 

So basically Trump lied.  Shocker I know. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@Mike Olson said:
I heard “stand back and stand by”.  Could be wrong.

Oh and FYI, the “Portland Sheriff” that Trump said gave him his support has already come out publicly and said that’s a lie, he never has and never will support Trump.  That’s the Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese commenting on Twitter. 

So basically Trump lied.  Shocker I know. 

Yep saw that.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@Mike Olson said:
@IDVikingfan said:
What a total shit show!  Both candidates were talking over each other.  Personally, I don't know if any minds are changed, will be interesting to see what happens in the polls.
Both sides..... Really? The moderator had to say things like "Now Mr. President if you just hang on a second you are going to like this next question". Come on man this was an impulsive, bullying narcissist, imbecile. 
Didn't do a tally to calculate proportions but clearly both were talking over each other.  Worst debate I've sat through, glad I'm voting third party, can't stomach either candidate.
I realize you are going to try and downplay this to make it seem like both sides were at fault but seriously, just stop it.

One candidate completely steamrolled the moderator Wallace and his opponent.  Biden didn’t want to appear meek and had no choice but to respond back to Trump’s complete disaster showing of trying to control the entire debate.  

Christ almighty the rosy colored glasses the right sees the world through is something fucking bizarre.