Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the media Kapernicks biggest problem?
I can read a civil discussion just fine. But not everybody wants to have to scroll through it. If you choose to want to be a part of discussions that turn political in nature you get to. You also get to see it right in your feed with all the rest of the topics. Not sure what the problem is. Once politicians started being brought into the conversation it was decidedly political in nature. 

The Discussion View will show you everything inline as if you were looking at one single category if you wish. It's the default view and the one that I use as it allows me to see all the content that I have access to. You actually have to go out of your way to not view the forums like this. But you can if you want to. 

Quote: @"medaille" said:
Kaepernick is clearly better than a lot of the leagues backup QBs  He should be able to find a job as a backup QB.  The teams in this league don't give a shit about his political views, just like they don't care about players that beat women, dogs, or children or drive drunk or do drugs or whatever.

They only care about the negative light that can be painted on the organization and the distraction that he'll bring.  I think the media is the primary driver of the frenzy.  It would not have been complicated to just let him protest by himself, and not pan the camera over him and not talk about it.
Define clearly better.  Better at what?  Running?  Yes?  Accuracy? no.  Being a valuable member of the QB room?  doubtful.  And that last part is what will keep him out of the NFL.  He isn't valuable as a backup.  He has peaked, and shown he isn't a legit starter. 

Now if he wasn't a distraction, someone may take a chance and see if they could mold him into a dangerous weapon again.  With the media drama, no way.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
LMAO.  What a joke.  Butterflies can't read a civil discussion about the main topic in the NFL on the football board.  
Settle down,  it's still there isn't it?  And if the suggestion that it might possibly be moved sets you to name calling maybe that is why we have the separate board. 

And you have access to use the other board so what does it matter to you anyway?
Huh, I still see it in recent discussions.  So who cares what it is categorized as.  But then some may bitch because the page loads too fast and the internet has too much information.

Since you're all waiting for my opinion, I would say that Colin Kaepernick is better than nearly every backup in the NFL, and better than a good 25% of those with starting gigs. We're talking about a guy who led his team to two straight Championships, and even last year had a post-90 passer rating while throwing 16 TDs to 4 INTs in only 11 games on the worst team in the NFL. Against Miami, a team who needed a QB, he threw for 300 yards, 3 TDs and ran for 113 yards. Yeah, that guy sucks. 

The reason he doesn't have a job is that teams don't like distractions this time of year, the money he would command, and the fact that he likely wouldn't be happy at all as a backup. The Hags didn't pass on Kap because he wasn't good enough. Pete Carroll said they passed because "he's a starter in this league." 

There is some serious truth bending going on here and I don't know why. If you don't like what he did, fine. Nothing wrong with not liking what he did. Most Americans probably agree with you, but don't make up shit about how he can't play in the NFL. That's just silly.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Since you're all waiting for my opinion, I would say that Colin Kaepernick is better than nearly every backup in the NFL, and better than a good 25% of those with starting gigs. We're talking about a guy who led his team to two straight Championships, and even last year had a post-90 passer rating while throwing 16 TDs to 4 INTs in only 11 games on the worst team in the NFL. Against Miami, a team who needed a QB, he threw for 300 yards, 3 TDs and ran for 113 yards. Yeah, that guy sucks. 

The reason he doesn't have a job is that teams don't like distractions this time of year, the money he would command, and the fact that he likely wouldn't be happy at all as a backup. The Hags didn't pass on Kap because he wasn't good enough. Pete Carroll said they passed because "he's a starter in this league." 

There is some serious truth bending going on here and I don't know why. If you don't like what he did, fine. Nothing wrong with not liking what he did. Most Americans probably agree with you, but don't make up shit about how he can't play in the NFL. That's just silly.
And you believe Pete Carroll?  If that were his approach, he would be fired shortly.

As I said, he doesn't have value as a backup.  He wouldn't be happy, he wouldn't likely be valuable in the QB room.  He has more talent than most backups in the NFL, but that isn't what I said.  He isn't what teams want in a backup.  That would be the wily vet that can help a young starter grow and step in and not shit the bed.  Or a young promising guy that can learn and grown and has a future. 

Kap is the prototypical athletic QB that suffers as a longterm starter because he doesn't read defenses well, has accuracy issues and will eventually be exposed when he has to be a pocket passer.  The run first QBs don't make it in the NFL.

Add to that his baggage, and you have an exile.  Not worth the cost.  Much like Tebow although Tebow had delivery issues as well.  But the point is, he would hurt the locker room, cause headaches for the PR and coaches and distract the team.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

And you believe Pete Carroll?  If that were his approach, he would be fired shortly.

As I said, he doesn't have value as a backup.  He wouldn't be happy, he wouldn't likely be valuable in the QB room.  He has more talent than most backups in the NFL, but that isn't what I said.  He isn't what teams want in a backup.  That would be the wily vet that can help a young starter grow and step in and not shit the bed.  Or a young promising guy that can learn and grown and has a future. 

Kap is the prototypical athletic QB that suffers as a longterm starter because he doesn't read defenses well, has accuracy issues and will eventually be exposed when he has to be a pocket passer.  The run first QBs don't make it in the NFL.

Add to that his baggage, and you have an exile.  Not worth the cost.  Much like Tebow although Tebow had delivery issues as well.  But the point is, he would hurt the locker room, cause headaches for the PR and coaches and distract the team.
EVERY QB has flaws. And you're exaggerating his to fit your narrative. Agree that he wouldn't be happy as a backup. Agree that he has baggage and would be a media distraction and a headache for his team. But when you talk about "accuracy" and "run-first" and "reading defenses" you have to place that in the context of the argument. ie., the rest of the QBs in the NFL. Does he do those things better than most of the QBs in the NFL? No, probably not. But does he do those things better than most backups and even a few starters? Yeah, I'd say he does. His two championships and QB numbers over the last few years pretty clearly bear that out. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
EVERY QB has flaws. And you're exaggerating his to fit your narrative. Agree that he wouldn't be happy as a backup. Agree that he has baggage and would be a media distraction and a headache for his team. But when you talk about "accuracy" and "run-first" and "reading defenses" you have to place that in the context of the argument. ie., the rest of the QBs in the NFL. Does he do those things better than most of the QBs in the NFL? No, probably not. But does he do those things better than most backups and even a few starters? Yeah, I'd say he does. His two championships and QB numbers over the last few years pretty clearly bear that out. 
Championships?  Those are a long time ago. 

And lets add the recent vegan body.  as to the rest of the backups, like I said backups fit a mold and Kap doesnt fit it.
Quote:He has more talent than most backups in the NFL, but that isn't what I
said.  He isn't what teams want in a backup.  That would be the wily vet
that can help a young starter grow and step in and not shit the bed. 
Or a young promising guy that can learn and grown and has a future. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
LMAO.  What a joke.  Butterflies can't read a civil discussion about the main topic in the NFL on the football board.  
Settle down,  it's still there isn't it?  And if the suggestion that it might possibly be moved sets you to name calling maybe that is why we have the separate board. 

And you have access to use the other board so what does it matter to you anyway?
Huh, I still see it in recent discussions.  So who cares what it is categorized as.  But then some may bitch because the page loads too fast and the internet has too much information.
ive never seen recent discussions.  

top left, under your name.  Best way to view the forum.  Categories goes to the individual forums but discussions combines all your forums for one clean view.

@"MaroonBells" said:
Championships?  Those are a long time ago. 

And lets add the recent vegan body.  as to the rest of the backups, like I said backups fit a mold and Kap doesnt fit it.
Quote:He has more talent than most backups in the NFL, but that isn't what I
said.  He isn't what teams want in a backup.  That would be the wily vet
that can help a young starter grow and step in and not shit the bed. 
Or a young promising guy that can learn and grown and has a future. 

and before it became en vogue to put him on a pedestal by the media,  there were many analysts that said that he was a system QB and that his particular game would only fit for a few teams.   Of course now those same people are railing for him to get a chance with any team.