Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absentee Ballots, Calling the election...
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Maybe I'm just being naive and stupid, but even in this toxic time, I have hope for tomorrow...We're due for a bright individual who can unite and inspire.

It wont happen with whomever is elected next (lord knows how long that will take and the angst that will accompany it).

But for me? This election is about the lesser of evil & bad vs who's great.

I think when the truth comes out about the Trump presidency, how incompetent he truly is at his job, its going to shock many and confirm among the rest.
in a previous dark time, when the masses were oppressed and lived more in fear of their leadership than in appreciation of them,  they were sent the ultimate individual that ever lived to unite and inspire..... they tortured and crucified him.

i think we are right there right now,   that person may be speaking up and trying to unite,  but when we have a social media and political machine that is in control of what we hear and honestly how we are to perceive it... will anybody even listen to that person, or will they be so stuck in the RED VS BLUE death match that the media will spin whoever as a political heretic leaving one or both factions to largely ignore the message?

look at this board,  somebody tries to make a post that suggests anything contrary to the popular line of thinking and those in opposition twist their words and try to box them into taking a position or at least appearing to take a position that the original poster never intended... we dont want to listen to those we disagree with,  we dont want to learn from those we dont align with,  we want to be right no matter what.... and this is just when debating the starting QB of a football team... think about how vile it gets when real issues are in play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqS4m-8B4IQ If I had to choose between Dem candidates, I think I would vote for "bad heart" Sanders rather than "dementia" Biden.  Sanders at least knows which election race he is in and seems have a reasonably sharp mind.  Don't care much for his politics but IMO, he makes a better leader than Joe.  My son is a strong Bernie supporter and will not Biden in the election.  We live in Idaho, so unless a D candidate wins a 49 state landslide, Idaho is going R.  Don't see any enthusiasm for Biden here.

Biden gaffe on election (~20sec mark )

http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqS4m-8B4IQ

URL shows in my edit but not in the post, oh well.  You can find it easy enough.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Lots of discussion on this already...I think the American public might need to brace ourselves for a wait on outcome, like waiting for days...

Unless it's a landslide for team blue or red.  

Could be a "cluster"
Not just a cluster but a constitutional crisis. Trump's base of victims, conspiracy believers, white supremacists, militia and tea party types are not going to go quietly into that good night. 

And if there's a delay in the decision, the more that will feed into whatever narrative of wrongdoing they decide to craft. Assuming Trump loses (and, no, I'm not assuming that), we're going to need real patriots on the Republican side of things to step up and be Americans. 

Otherwise, we're going to get the race war that smart people like the Boogaloos and Charlie Manson wanted. 

Meanwhile, Putin sits back and smiles at the work he's done. 

If you think Biden is going to be some sort of improvement you're only kidding yourself. 
100% unequivocally he has to be. Nobody could be worse. Its the lowest bar to reach ever.

And yet the bar you've gone with is right there with him.  To me its honestly a coin flip.  I guess the one thing you might have going for you is when yall vote Biden in he's just going to be the figure head like when Bush 2.0 was in.  He'll say the stuff at the press conferences but it'll be the cronies behind closed doors making all the decisions. 
This isn't about me. Its not like Biden is MY candidate. We absolutely know what we have in Trump: a walking talking shit show. The worst. You can GUESS that Biden could be bad but you don't know. But what you should know as a human being is that Trump is a disgusting POS. If you can vote for him again than you get to look in the mirror. Once I get. But now that we've seen and know and you want to re-elect him?? 
I didnt vote for Trump the first time.  But if you held a gun to my head Id take him for four more over giving team blue all three branches. I NEVER want either team to hold all three and I think blue will take the senate. 

Biden has said and done pretty much everything Trump has said and done. The quotes are out there to read if you want. You know he’s a racist. You know he’s a creep. You know he’s going to say stupid shit all the time. 
At least Trump is just bumbaling through this. Bidens cabinet will go to the highest bidder. 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Secretary of Education
Sec. of Treasury
Head off EPA
Ambassador to the UN

You realize Trump did EXACTLY that with his Cabinet right?  Unqualified global elitists from a billionaire heiress in Devos, Goldman Sachs executive Munchin, CEO of Exxon for the EPA, millionaire hotelier Sondland for the UN .... that’s just a few:  ALL bought and paid for positions.

But I am sure the irony is lost on you ...

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Lots of discussion on this already...I think the American public might need to brace ourselves for a wait on outcome, like waiting for days...

Could be a "cluster"
Not just a cluster but a constitutional crisis. Trump's base of victims, conspiracy believers, white supremacists, militia and tea party types are not going to go quietly into that good night. 

And if there's a delay in the decision, the more that will feed into whatever narrative of wrongdoing they decide to craft. Assuming Trump loses (and, no, I'm not assuming that), we're going to need real patriots on the Republican side of things to step up and be Americans. 

Otherwise, we're going to get the race war that smart people like the Boogaloos and Charlie Manson wanted. 

If you think Biden is going to be some sort of improvement you're only kidding yourself. 
100% unequivocally he has to be. Nobody could be worse. Its the lowest bar to reach ever.

And yet the bar you've gone with is right there with him.  To me its honestly a coin flip.  I guess the one thing you might have going for you is when yall vote Biden in he's just going to be the figure head like when Bush 2.0 was in.  He'll say the stuff at the press conferences but it'll be the cronies behind closed doors making all the decisions. 
This isn't about me. Its not like Biden is MY candidate. We absolutely know what we have in Trump: a walking talking shit show. The worst. You can GUESS that Biden could be bad but you don't know. But what you should know as a human being is that Trump is a disgusting POS. If you can vote for him again than you get to look in the mirror. Once I get. But now that we've seen and know and you want to re-elect him?? 
I didnt vote for Trump the first time.  But if you held a gun to my head Id take him for four more over giving team blue all three branches. I NEVER want either team to hold all three and I think blue will take the senate. 

Biden has said and done pretty much everything Trump has said and done. The quotes are out there to read if you want. You know he’s a racist. You know he’s a creep. You know he’s going to say stupid shit all the time. 
At least Trump is just bumbaling through this. Bidens cabinet will go to the highest bidder. 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Secretary of Education
Sec. of Treasury
Head off EPA
Ambassador to the UN

You realize Trump did EXACTLY that with his Cabinet right?  Unqualified global elitists from a billionaire heiress in Devos, Goldman Sachs executive Munchin, CEO of Exxon for the EPA, millionaire hotelier Sondland for the UN .... that’s just a few:  ALL bought and paid for positions.

Curious, any proof that they are bought and paid for positions or just speculation?  Optics aren't good but curious if there is actual proof of purchasing?

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Could be a "cluster"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Secretary of Education
Sec. of Treasury
Head off EPA
Ambassador to the UN

Curious, any proof that they are bought and paid for positions or just speculation?  Optics aren't good but curious if there is actual proof of purchasing?

Look at the resumes, just what in their backgrounds is there other than wealth and loyalty pledges.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Could be a "cluster"

Here is what I don't get...
You say Biden is as bad as Trump (coin flip and figure head like Bush) and not an upgrade but at the same time you support Trump for "draining the swamp" and "responsible for the greater economic growth" since whenever.
So either
  1. Trump has been bad all along(and a figurehead like Bush) and you have been in denial or lying to us or 
  2. Biden is better than Trump and you are just creating a false comparison. 
Both can't be true so decide which one you will go with as presenting both arguements just shows how weak your case is.
You guys talked all along how Trump was a change of the status quo and also argue that Biden is the same as Trump and somehow come with the conclusion that Biden is a bad option. 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Could be a "cluster"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Secretary of Education
Sec. of Treasury
Head off EPA
Ambassador to the UN

Look at the resumes, just what in their backgrounds is there other than wealth and loyalty pledges.
And the evidence is:?  You gave speculation.  SFVike throws lots of comments around, just curious if it was mud against the wall or if he had evidence that the individuals bought and paid for their positions.  I suspect it is speculation but will let him answer.  It really is an easy yes or no question.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Could be a "cluster"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Secretary of Education
Sec. of Treasury
Head off EPA
Ambassador to the UN

And the evidence is:?  You gave speculation.  SFVike throws lots of comments around, just curious if it was mud against the wall or if he had evidence that the individuals bought and paid for their positions.  I suspect it is speculation but will let him answer.  It really is an easy yes or no question.
It isn’t hard.  You know how Google works right?

Oh look, 10 seconds:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/17/devos-says-its-possible-her-family-has-donated-200m-to-republicans/amp/

Devos family $200 million to GOP

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/betsy-devos-just-bought-herself-a-trump-cabinet-position-193072/amp/

Betsy DeVos just bought herself a nice little cabinet position. On Tuesday afternoon, most Senate Republicans – all but Maine’s Susan Collins and Alaska’s Lisa Murkowski – voted to confirm the billionaire Amway heiress as secretary of education.
It cost her $115,000 in personal donations to sitting Republican senators; $950,000 more has flowed in from the DeVos family over the last three-and-a-half decades. And another $8.3 million from the DeVoses has gone to Republican super PACs in the last two election cycles alone. Not cheap! But it got the job done.”

Oh wait, another 5 seconds

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4252260002

“Sondland million dollar donor to Trump campaign”

Now that I taught you how to access the information superhighway do you think you can handle it, or just too lazy?  Trump is surrounded by grossly unqualified, filthy rich pay to play assholes ... maybe you have spent the last 4 years living under a rock then my condolences, maybe it’s time to get caught up on current events.  

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Could be a "cluster"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Secretary of Education
Sec. of Treasury
Head off EPA
Ambassador to the UN

It isn’t hard.  You know how Google works right?

Oh look, 10 seconds:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/17/devos-says-its-possible-her-family-has-donated-200m-to-republicans/amp/

Devos family $200 million to GOP

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/betsy-devos-just-bought-herself-a-trump-cabinet-position-193072/amp/

Betsy DeVos just bought herself a nice little cabinet position. On Tuesday afternoon, most Senate Republicans – all but Maine’s Susan Collins and Alaska’s Lisa Murkowski – voted to confirm the billionaire Amway heiress as secretary of education.
It cost her $115,000 in personal donations to sitting Republican senators; $950,000 more has flowed in from the DeVos family over the last three-and-a-half decades. And another $8.3 million from the DeVoses has gone to Republican super PACs in the last two election cycles alone. Not cheap! But it got the job done.”

Oh wait, another 5 seconds

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4252260002

“Sondland million dollar donor to Trump campaign”

Now that I taught you how to access the information superhighway do you think you can handle it, or just too lazy?  Trump is surrounded by grossly unqualified, filthy rich pay to play assholes ... maybe you have spent the last 4 years living under a rock then my condolences, maybe it’s time to get caught up on current events.  
Alright, people donated to trump or GOP.  Really does not prove that their cabinet positions were bought and paid for.  If your supposition was true, then any and all big donors would have cabinet positions, but of course they don't.  Speculation, just as I thought.  Could have just said no clear evidence, just articles on line suggesting they bought and paid for a cabinet position.  Have a great day.  

Her other qualification is being an heiress and sister to Eric Prince, married into the Amway empire.  Business degree from Calvin college, .  Has worked at nothing other than fundraising for the GOP.  Read her Bio, instead connect the dot's and stop suggesting she's qualified with no evidence.