Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative Survival Guide
Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"mblack" said:
I was going to reply to the posts one by one but seeing the source, why waste valuable time? I'll stick to the assumption that you are trying to engage in a healthy discourse as hard as it is.
Yes, it would be a waste of time: because- unlike most of us- Savannah actually takes the time to carefully cite his sources.  He doesn't just reference the opinions of some talking head, he uses facts and statistics to state his case (when there is an argument / discussion to be had).  You may not agree with his opinions, but you'd be hard pressed to argue with the facts (that he often presents).  Granted, in this case, he's just posting opinions... but, I'm sure that if you were to attempt to "discuss" his opinions, he'd be able to back them up with facts.
Why are you rambling? You just explained what most people do here or should I say normal behaviour. 
By the way, I did not see the point of a discussion when I noticed the source.... Breitbart. I never said he did not post a source.
Lastly his post above is a reference to a talking head - hence why I started with the question "why are you rambling?"

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I guess some bigots think homeschooling means they are stupid.  Have they witnessed the public school performance lately?

How can public schools be failing?  Billionaire Betsy Devos with zero educational  experience has been Secretary of Education for 3.5 years doing a great job of destroying public schools, you mean a Trump appointee isn’t doing the best job ever in the history of  bigly Cabinet jobs?   And yes public schools have been a mess for some time but since the GOP has chosen to cut their educational budgets for decades what do you expect?

But yes, I am sure uneducated rural country bumpkins who get their information and life guidelines from Breitbart and rightwing sources tasked with teaching their kids is a guaranteed recipe for success.

Look out Harvard here comes thousands of home schooled geniuses ...

China buys access to our cultural education centers. They spend billions of dollars and have a pervasive presence in our K12 education, our colleges and our Universities.

@"mblack" said:
I was going to reply to the posts one by one but seeing the source, why waste valuable time? I'll stick to the assumption that you are trying to engage in a healthy discourse as hard as it is.
Yes, it would be a waste of time: because- unlike most of us- Savannah actually takes the time to carefully cite his sources.  He doesn't just reference the opinions of some talking head, he uses facts and statistics to state his case (when there is an argument / discussion to be had).  You may not agree with his opinions, but you'd be hard pressed to argue with the facts (that he often presents).  Granted, in this case, he's just posting opinions... but, I'm sure that if you were to attempt to "discuss" his opinions, he'd be able to back them up with facts.
lol, pumpf ...with all due respect.....savannah gets his 'sources' from some biased places. Same as others who choose to post links from liberal sources.

Don't confuse the massive link dumps of info that savannah does as some kind of proof of anything. Its just a deluge of bias that fits his opinions. I'll leave it as JMO. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"greediron" said:
I guess some bigots think homeschooling means they are stupid.  Have they witnessed the public school performance lately?

Defund them if they don't perform, oh wait, I guess you get what you pay for.
If you're suggesting that the education departments don't get enough money... you're crazy.  Of course, the schools could get even MORE money for needed resources... if the teacher's union wasn't gobbling up as much of each district's budget as it can.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"mblack" said:
lol, pumpf ...with all due respect.....savannah gets his 'sources' from some biased places. Same as others who choose to post links from liberal sources.

Don't confuse the massive link dumps of info that savannah does as some kind of proof of anything. Its just a deluge of bias that fits his opinions. I'll leave it as JMO. 
Some, sure.  But he's also quoted CNN, the Washington Post and other "biased" sources- which would, normally, be biased against his point of view.  In some cases, a person can only use "biased" sources, because the "other" sources won't even mention certain things.  Remember when Biden got accused of sexual assault?  It took, what- 19 days?- for the "liberal" media to mention it?  When that's the case, you can't hardly blame him.  

Every bit of empirical evidence shows that home-schooled children are- overall- "smarter" than their public school counterparts.  But, since they are not being indoctrinated into the liberal point of view, the liberals oppose it.  

@"greediron" said:
Every bit of empirical evidence shows that home-schooled children are- overall- "smarter" than their public school counterparts.  But, since they are not being indoctrinated into the liberal point of view, the liberals oppose it.  
100%?   How can that be if 67% of all statistics are made up.

@"greediron" said:

I don't mind their blind spot.  Raising kids with a good education gives them a distinct advantage over their peers.  The ability to hold a conversation, be respectful, actually learn their subjects has proven quite useful for our adult children.

@"pumpf" said:
@"greediron" said:

I don't mind their blind spot.  Raising kids with a good education gives them a distinct advantage over their peers.  The ability to hold a conversation, be respectful, actually learn their subjects has proven quite useful for our adult children.
Soft skills and respect are sorely lacking with a lot of kids today, no doubt about that.