Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings 'very much' in the mix for Trent Williams
Anyone know our cap space?  We tweaked Hunter’s contract, extended Cousins and signed Sharpe and traded away Diggs, it seems like we should have freed up at least $10-$12.  

I’m curious where that leaves us.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Anyone know our cap space?  We tweaked Hunter’s contract, extended Cousins and signed Sharpe and traded away Diggs, it seems like we should have freed up at least $10-$12.  

You guessed right...$10 to $12 million.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:

$12,267,552 Per over the cap

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Might have a clearer picture tonight. If the Vikes move up and draft someone like Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland, I don't think they'll be in on Williams anymore.
I'm hoping we can draft the future stud LT or even RT.  There would be a learning curve, but Williams is an expensive, often injured player who sat out all of last season.  It would be nice if the Vikes could strike gold again this draft like they did with O'Neill.
I have to think Rick is still thinking this way or it would have been a done deal already today if the team is hell bent on moving on from Reiff.  There has to be somebody else they like and are waiting to pull the trigger until they are out of options.... or its all smoke, or the skins are on crack with their demands (which is most likely considering the city)
This is what I think too. Rick's history, at least his public history, tells me that if he wants to make a deal, he's pretty quick to pull the trigger. The Diggs deal was reportedly begun and done in a day. All of his draft moves through the years obviously happen very quickly in most cases. Even today I just read that the Vikings were thinking of moving up to get Jefferson.
The point is, if Rick likes a player, he'd rather get the guy then try to nickel and dime the other team or drag out negotiations. So like @JimmyinSD , that makes me think Rick views a Williams deal as a plan B, behind whatever the draft might bring. Either that or we gave Washington a final offer, and they're holding out hope that a third team will be their golden parachute.

Reif and a 4th. Draft (Tyler) or other Badsass in the 3rd to play LG. Trade Harris for a 3rd and draft Chinn

Yea according to Spotrac which I always find accurate is 12.34 million.

Reiff cap hit this year 13.2 million and a dead cap of 4.4
Trent cap hit this year 15 million and a dead of 2.

So If we were able to swing this it is not that much of an additional hit as long as the Redskins are willing to take Reiff at 13.2 or get him to agree to lower the number after the fact.

Then it has been reported that Williams wants more $$$ but he wants out of Washington so bad that I think we could make it more reasonable under this circumstance.

The only real knock on Williams has been missed games.  But most were not due to a physical injury...meaning still thread on the tires.  Last year he missed because of a tumor on his head that required surgery and then I suspect (because he was so mad at the Redskins) that when the try to take him off PUP he had too much pain trying to put on his helmet...cough cough.  

He had a knee injury a couple years ago where he missed the last 6 games and still made the Pro Bowl fwiw, not much Smile

Then I think it was the year prior where he was suspended for 4 games for substance.  

All told, I think he has a good amount of tread on his tires and will be reinvigorated to get the hell out of DC just like everyone else would be Smile

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Might have a clearer picture tonight. If the Vikes move up and draft someone like Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland, I don't think they'll be in on Williams anymore.
Yep, that will all but end Washington's bid to trade Williams. Stupid fucks could've maybe gotten a 3rd rounder a week ago. Today, it's looking more like a 4th, by tomorrow they will have to keep him, pissing him off even more and driving his market into the ground. A Skins fan on Twitter was saying he'd take Reiff and a 4th. If it happens I think that's about where it lands. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Yep, that will all but end Washington's bid to trade Williams. Stupid fucks could've maybe gotten a 3rd rounder a week ago. Today, it's looking more like a 4th, by tomorrow they will have to keep him, pissing him off even more and driving his market into the ground. A Skins fan on Twitter was saying he'd take Reiff and a 4th. If it happens I think that's about where it lands. 
a week ago it was Reiff and 4th,   now I am dropping that to Reiff and a 5th.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
a week ago it was Reiff and 4th,   now I am dropping that to Reiff and a 5th.
Even better.

Problem is Williams is a bandaid. We’ve got our own RT to pay in what another year?  We almost need to get a LT that is on a rookie deal until we get out of cap hell some day in the future.