Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Check Is In The Mail And Other Lies/Rumors For Draft Week
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
JERRY JEUDYWR, COLLEGE PLAYER[Image: 14888.jpg]
The Colorado Springs Gazette's Woody Paige reports the Broncos could be looking to trade into the Top 10 for Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy in next week's draft.It's the same thing NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah reported in his most recent Move the Sticks podcast. Broncos GM John Elway is clearly high on Jeudy, and while it would be wise to sit back and allow what's being touted as the deepest wide receiver class in history to simply fall where they may, the organization is doing a poor job of keeping their cards close to the vest. Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb, Alabama's Henry Ruggs, and Jeudy are all expected to hear their names called at some point between picks 8-16, but the ongoing mystery of exactly where they land is what continues to make this year's draft the Wild West.
RELATED: 
You mean Henry Ruggs Woody? (cough cough)
Whoever they trade up for, we can mark that pick down as a bust. Elway's even worse than Belichick when it comes to drafting. Makes sense that it's Ruggs, who I think has some serious bust factor along with Raegor...

@"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: ITrdDgDl_normal.jpg]
Natalie Egenolf
@NatalieEgenolf
· 2h
Source is telling me Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy‘s draft stock may drop due to reported knee issues that haven’t been disclosed yet. Jeudy underwent surgery for a meniscus injury in 2018. #NFLDraft2020
There is some truth that Jeudy could be the last of the top trio of receivers to be drafted. But it has nothing to do with his medicals. 
His reported Wonderlic score is, um, not high. Depending how his interviews went, yeah I could see him dropping.

So, with Rick coming out this week saying we don't need to draft a WR in the first round because of the depth of talent that will be available in rounds 2-5, does that mean we are taking one? Just trying to decipher his draft Subterfuge after he insisted we were not trading away Diggs. I have a bad feeling they are targeting Mims over Jefferson. For a guy with his size and speed(4.39 Forty), he just doesn't impress me with his tape. He doesn't gain separation very often on his routes, and seems to lack any lateral quickness out of his breaks. He looked great in shorts at the combine, but he never really displayed any explosiveness at Baylor. Runs lazy routes, is not very physical, despite putting up good numbers. I think he is a project who will take 1-2 years to develop. Jefferson would contribute right away, but that would mean the Vikings would have to figure out how to get Thielen and Jefferson on the field at the same time when they both do their best work from the slot.   

Quote: @TBro said:
So, with Rick coming out this week saying we don't need to draft a WR in the first round because of the depth of talent that will be available in rounds 2-5, does that mean we are taking one? Just trying to decipher his draft Subterfuge after he insisted we were not trading away Diggs. I have a bad feeling they are targeting Mims over Jefferson. For a guy with his size and speed(4.39 Forty), he just doesn't impress me with his tape. He doesn't gain separation very often on his routes, and seems to lack any lateral quickness out of his breaks. He looked great in shorts at the combine, but he never really displayed any explosiveness at Baylor. Runs lazy routes, is not very physical, despite putting up good numbers. I think he is a project who will take 1-2 years to develop. Jefferson would contribute right away, but that would mean the Vikings would have to figure out how to get Thielen and Jefferson on the field at the same time when they both do their best work from the slot.   
I personally wouldn't read into the comment too much since how the board falls will dictate where they take a WR. It might be round 1 if the value is there, it might not be until round 3 if unexpected players along the D-line, O-line, or Secondary fall to them. 

Mims was a guy I originally didn't have a good feeling about but ended up watching his entire 2019 season. He probably has the best chance to be a high-end WR1 in this draft class. Not saying that is a high likelihood, but the ceiling is there. There is also a lower floor but that is the trade-off. In my opinion I think Mims surprised at the Senior Bowl because he is a long strider on tape. Those guys don't appear as explosive on tape, but appear more so in person. What impresses me is his catch radius and body control for a big guy. Although not a perfect comp, he is like a larger version of Davante Adams. But guess what...Adams did take 1-2 years to develop. Worth the long play? Maybe because he fits the scheme better. 

@TBro said:
I personally wouldn't read into the comment too much since how the board falls will dictate where they take a WR. It might be round 1 if the value is there, it might not be until round 3 if unexpected players along the D-line, O-line, or Secondary fall to them. 

Mims was a guy I originally didn't have a good feeling about but ended up watching his entire 2019 season. He probably has the best chance to be a high-end WR1 in this draft class. Not saying that is a high likelihood, but the ceiling is there. There is also a lower floor but that is the trade-off. In my opinion I think Mims surprised at the Senior Bowl because he is a long strider on tape. Those guys don't appear as explosive on tape, but appear more so in person. What impresses me is his catch radius and body control for a big guy. Although not a perfect comp, he is like a larger version of Davante Adams. But guess what...Adams did take 1-2 years to develop. Worth the long play? Maybe because he fits the scheme better. 
Thoughts on Reagor, a lot of the mocks have him going before our 22?

Also, I have been a big advocate for Mims for a few weeks anyway.  Would you take him at 22 or wait for 25 or lower?  

I have read a handful of analyst who knock Mims about not a lot of separation for a guy that fast and not physical for his size.  When I watch some clips of him I see both separation and physical play?  Since you reviewed the whole season what do you see?

@TBro said:

Mims is one of the receivers I can't get a good feel for. His HWS is outstanding and he played really well at the Senior Bowl, which is always a really good sign, but I didn't like much of his Baylor clips. He's not Laquon Treadwell, but I didn't see a lot of quickness or separation. It sounds like scouts are split on him, too, since he's ranked everywhere from 5th to 10th. Routes and hands are question marks, too. I like him a lot more in the 2nd round but I think I'd take Higgins over him. He's got a higher floor.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@TBro said:

Thoughts on Reagor, a lot of the mocks have him going before our 22?

Also, I have been a big advocate for Mims for a few weeks anyway.  Would you take him at 22 or wait for 25 or lower?  

I have read a handful of analyst who knock Mims about not a lot of separation for a guy that fast and not physical for his size.  When I watch some clips of him I see both separation and physical play?  Since you reviewed the whole season what do you see?
I don't think you would have a 2nd chance at Mims if you don't take him at 22/25. But you could probably trade back a few spots. Reagor is a different flavor of boom/bust but his play speed is superb. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@TBro said:

Mims is one of the receivers I can't get a good feel for. His HWS is outstanding and he played really well at the Senior Bowl, which is always a really good sign, but I didn't like much of his Baylor clips. He's not Laquon Treadwell, but I didn't see a lot of quickness or separation. It sounds like scouts are split on him, too, since he's ranked everywhere from 5th to 10th. Routes and hands are question marks, too. I like him a lot more in the 2nd round but I think I'd take Higgins over him. He's got a higher floor.
That is exactly it. Higgins is the high floor guy but has limited upside. Mims could end up being the best WR in the class but could barely be a top-53 guys if he doesn't work out. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
Anybody who moves up to take a WR is a fool.  
Worked for Atlanta when the were stacked and went up for Jones. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@pumpf said:
Anybody who moves up to take a WR is a fool.  
Worked for Atlanta when the were stacked and went up for Jones. 
That's about the only time it worked. And that was a terrible year for WRs. Jones was the only premiere receiver. This draft will likely have 10 taken between 10 and 50. That draft had 2.