Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Was Beset By Denial & Dysfunction...
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
How anyone without delusion can watch a Trump press conference and not instantly realize the guy is an asshat is completely beyond me. 
Speaking of delusional how about the left leadership and the media they control running the most blatant and treasonous smear campaign in the history of our country?  I have no issue with calling trump what he is,  but it's got to be hard to be on the left calling Trump out and then completely ignoring the wailing tantrums of the losing party.

I hear party before country used against trump supporters,  I am amazed that the left gets a pass for their unending attempts to not only make a mockery of our system,  but to use our security and economy as levers to their propel their plans to destroy our country. 

Lots of good American on the left side of the divide,  who is their voice?  Its sure not the media or the leadership of the democratic party.
Your choice of leadership is Trump, not sure how anyone else the Left could roll out would be worse. "Losing" party is such a snide way to put it, so telling. And typical. I guess you either have to be Left or Right today. There's something called a moderate, but what fun are those common sense-filled logical people? Liberals are full of self serving asshats also. But I do remember the 'Drain the Swamp' t-shirts on the last election....how is that going?
Considering trump has been forced to play defense his entire tenure,  how was he supposed to accomplish anything let alone root out the rot from the swamp.

As far as my views on how the left leadership has acted since he took office....how would you describe their efforts?  To me losing party is a pretty apt analogy,  they have done everything in their power to try and change the results instead of trying to work to improve the country.

You like to profess you are a moderate,   but I dont recall ever seeing you take shots at the hypocrisy or otherwise damaging acts of the left leadership.  You seem as emotionally interested in their bullshit as they do,  which there is nothing moderate about.

Now take your retaliatory shot and be done with it,  this board is about topics not posters and it will always be about civility first.
My main gun is hypocrisy. So then: I'm a small town upper Michigan boy. Graduated with 49 kids. I was a Class D School. The worst in the state. I'm a poor boy dun good in parlance. Trump is no fan of lower class. Convince yourself otherwise but you are the thirsty fool. I know that because I recognized it. 
Who is the fool if you think trump is the outlier in DC,  nobody in Washington gives two shots about the lower class other than to use their voting rights.  Both parties have had their chances and neither have even come close to following through with their promises to fix the issues.  No gain in it for them to do so.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
How anyone without delusion can watch a Trump press conference and not instantly realize the guy is an asshat is completely beyond me. 
Speaking of delusional how about the left leadership and the media they control running the most blatant and treasonous smear campaign in the history of our country?  I have no issue with calling trump what he is,  but it's got to be hard to be on the left calling Trump out and then completely ignoring the wailing tantrums of the losing party.

I hear party before country used against trump supporters,  I am amazed that the left gets a pass for their unending attempts to not only make a mockery of our system,  but to use our security and economy as levers to their propel their plans to destroy our country. 

Lots of good American on the left side of the divide,  who is their voice?  Its sure not the media or the leadership of the democratic party.
Your choice of leadership is Trump, not sure how anyone else the Left could roll out would be worse. "Losing" party is such a snide way to put it, so telling. And typical. I guess you either have to be Left or Right today. There's something called a moderate, but what fun are those common sense-filled logical people? Liberals are full of self serving asshats also. But I do remember the 'Drain the Swamp' t-shirts on the last election....how is that going?
Considering trump has been forced to play defense his entire tenure,  how was he supposed to accomplish anything let alone root out the rot from the swamp.

As far as my views on how the left leadership has acted since he took office....how would you describe their efforts?  To me losing party is a pretty apt analogy,  they have done everything in their power to try and change the results instead of trying to work to improve the country.

You like to profess you are a moderate,   but I dont recall ever seeing you take shots at the hypocrisy or otherwise damaging acts of the left leadership.  You seem as emotionally interested in their bullshit as they do,  which there is nothing moderate about.

Now take your retaliatory shot and be done with it,  this board is about topics not posters and it will always be about civility first.
My main gun is hypocrisy. So then: I'm a small town upper Michigan boy. Graduated with 49 kids. I was a Class D School. The worst in the state. I'm a poor boy dun good in parlance. Trump is no fan of lower class. Convince yourself otherwise but you are the thirsty fool. I know that because I recognized it. 
Who is the fool if you think trump is the outlier in DC,  nobody in Washington gives two shots about the lower class other than to use their voting rights.  Both parties have had their chances and neither have even come close to following through with their promises to fix the issues.  No gain in it for them to do so.
That is the joke.  Whose policies have helped the poor more?

U.S. 'wasted' months before preparing for virus pandemic
By MICHAEL BIESECKER Associated PressApril 5, 2020 — 1:WASHINGTON

As the first alarms sounded in early January that an outbreak of a novel coronavirus in China might ignite a global pandemic, the Trump administration squandered nearly two months that could have been used to bolster the federal stockpile of critically needed medical supplies and equipment.A review of federal purchasing contracts by The Associated Press shows federal agencies largely waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers.
By that time, hospitals in several states were treating thousands of infected patients without adequate equipment and were pleading for shipments from the Strategic National Stockpile. That federal cache of supplies was created more than 20 years ago to help bridge gaps in the medical and pharmaceutical supply chains during a national emergency.
Now, three months into the crisis, that stockpile is nearly drained just as the numbers of patients needing critical care is surging. Some state and local officials report receiving broken ventilators and decade-old dry-rotted masks.
“We basically wasted two months,” Kathleen Sebelius, health and human services secretary during the Obama administration, told AP.
As early as mid-January, U.S. officials could see that hospitals in China's Hubei province were overwhelmed with infected patients, with many left dependent on ventilator machines to breathe. Italy soon followed, with hospitals scrambling for doctors, beds and equipment.
HHS did not respond to questions about why federal officials waited to order medical supplies until stocks were running critically low. But President Donald Trump has asserted that the federal government should take a back seat to states when it comes to dealing with the pandemic.
Trump and his appointees have urged state and local governments, and hospitals, to buy their own masks and breathing machines, saying requests to the dwindling national stockpile should be a last resort.
“The notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile,” Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and adviser, said at a White House briefing Thursday. “It’s not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use.”
Experts in emergency preparedness and response have expressed dismay at such statements, saying the federal government must take the lead in ensuring medical supplies are available and distributed where they are needed most.
“States do not have the purchasing power of the federal government. They do not have the ability to run a deficit like the federal government. They do not have the logistical power of the federal government,” said Sebelius, who served as governor of Kansas before running the nation's health care system.
Because of the fractured federal response to COVID-19, state governors say they're now bidding against federal agencies and each other for scarce supplies, driving up prices.
“You now literally will have a company call you up and say, ‘Well, California just outbid you,’” Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, D-N.Y., said Tuesday. “It’s like being on eBay with 50 other states, bidding on a ventilator.”
For nearly a month, Trump rebuffed calls from Cuomo and others to use his authority under the Defense Production Act to order companies to increase production of ventilators and personal protective equipment. He suggested the private sector was acting sufficiently on its own.
More than three months after China revealed the first COVID-19 cases, Trump finally relented last week, saying he will order companies to ramp up production of critical supplies. By then, confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the United States had surged to the highest in the world. Now, the number of people infected in the U.S. has climbed to more than 312,000 and deaths have topped 8,500.
Trump spent January and February playing down the threat from the new virus. He derided warnings of pandemic reaching the U.S. as a hoax perpetrated by Democrats and the media. As the World Health Organization declared the outbreak a global public health emergency on Jan. 30, Trump assured the American people that the virus was “very well under control” and he predicted “a very good ending."
His administration was so confident that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced on Feb. 7 that the government had airlifted nearly 18 tons of donated respirator masks, surgical masks, gowns and other medical supplies to China.
On Feb. 24, the White House sent Congress an initial $2.5 billion funding request to address the coronavirus outbreak. 
The next day, federal health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that the virus was spreading quickly in the U.S. and predicted that disruptions to daily life could be “severe,” including school and business closures.
Unfazed, HHS Secretary Alex Azar told lawmakers on Feb. 27 that “the immediate risk to the American public remains low.
https://www.startribune.com/u-s-wasted-m...569390242/

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Neither party seems to be making much headway in getting people out of poverty.

Neither party seems to me to really remember the lower class unless it's for a vote or a publicity op.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@A1Janitor said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Neither party seems to me to really remember the lower class unless it's for a vote or a publicity op.
Maybe you didn’t see the reports before the pandemic that real wages were up for lower and middle class.  Perhaps you missed record unemployment for blacks and hispanics and woman all all Americans. 

Poverty rates (no surprise) were very high during recession.

They actually began to decrease significantly in 2015/2016 during the Obama term. The decline continued all the way through 2018. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/2004...ince-1990/

@JimmyinSD said:
@A1Janitor said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Maybe you didn’t see the reports before the pandemic that real wages were up for lower and middle class.  Perhaps you missed record unemployment for blacks and hispanics and woman all all Americans. 
You are going to try and pretend that the last 3 years speak for decades of both parties overlooking the lower class,  please.  My hometowns average unemployment is 30% lower than the national average and the towns average per cap income is about 25% lower than the national average....and it's been this way for as long as I can remember.  Go tell the people working their asses off in packing and meat processing about how good things were until recently.   22k a year isnt what it used to be.  I liked the direction but let's not pretend that the lower class were the ones benefitting the most from the last few years policies.

I asked whose policies benefitted the poor and middle class more.

Fairer trade, bringing manufacturing jobs back to America, improving illegal immigration effects on our working class, less regulation, lower taxes ... these policies lead to improvement.

I am saying Trump wants to improve our country wit his policies.  I despise both parties over the last many decades that screwed Americans.

They were all greedy bastards.  

And let’s get real about the last few years of policy - the left has sabotaged those policies with fake hoaxes, fighting the wall (despite Obama and Clinton et al fighting for the border wall years ago).

Give Trump’s policies a chance.  Get rid of the bullshit road blocks out on by the corrupt politicians on both sides protecting their money trains. 

I asked whose policies benefitted the poor and middle class more.

Fairer trade, bringing manufacturing jobs back to America, improving illegal immigration effects on our working class, less regulation, lower taxes ... these policies lead to improvement.

I am saying Trump wants to improve our country wit his policies.  I despise both parties over the last many decades that screwed Americans.

They were all greedy bastards.  

And let’s get real about the last few years of policy - the left has sabotaged those policies with fake hoaxes, fighting the wall (despite Obama and Clinton et al fighting for the border wall years ago).

Give Trump’s policies a chance.  Get rid of the bullshit road blocks out on by the corrupt politicians on both sides protecting their money trains. 
See.  We were talking party politics in a broad scope and you decided to take it as an attack by me on Trunp,  I agree with sticky that he really doesnt give a shit about the poor,  their gains work for him so he sells it that way imo,  but he isnt the Republican party and it's that party that I was referring to along with the dems that dont give a shiy about the people,  just the power that they can wield over them.

I didn’t take it as an attack on Trump by you at all. 

I am merely stating my opinion that Trump’s policies do help the poor and middle class compared to the dems and republicans that held office.

It doesn’t matter to me what you think about Trump and the poor.  He has done good shit for veterans.  He has created jobs.  All while being attacked by the left.

I would prefer you focus on what policies Trump could do that would indicate helping the poor?  Attacking illegal drugs? Lowering drug prices?  Prison reform?

Your unsubstantiated opinions aren’t worth much.  Back it up.