Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Cryptic Tweets From Diggs
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'm starting to think that maybe I wasn't too old to understand the context of what was going on with that goldarn Twitter machine.

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!
No, not too old to understand the context. But perhaps not old enough to just ignore it, as should be done with 99% of the twit-o-sphere. IOW "shut the fuck up, Stefon. You're under contract and we're not trading you. Not gonna show up? Fine. Pay me $200,000. Throw a fit? Fuck you, pay me. Not going to practice? Fuck you, pay me. 

And actually just typing that makes it sound ridiculous. Diggs has never been a locker room cancer. That's what bugs me. This would never have escalated to where everyone feared. I think everyone, including the Vikings overreacted about the whole thing. 

Maybe it's my own comment on our society in general. Where everything is disposable. TV on the fritz, you don't fix it, you buy a new one.  Marriage on the fritz, you don't work on it, you just get a new one. Same with wide receivers I guess. 

Now, I don't know to what extent the Vikings may have tried to work things out with Diggs, but what bothers me is that so many seemed to be personally offended by his tweets. Even the Vikings--if what they're saying about that last tweet is true, which would be ridiculous. Especially Zimmer in his tough guy rant. Yeah, I know we're talking about a GAME here. But that kind of taking things personal bullshit has no place in million dollar business decisions. 
former Viking players are coming out and saying they made the right move based on what they were hearing about Diggs from current players,  not sure your tough love approach was going to work and ultimately it would have escalated to the point that even you wouldnt want him around,  but the world knows by then what a basket case he had become and you get much less for him and had to deal with the bull shit for even longer.
Yeah, Tommy Kramer. Really surprised 'ol Tommy gun threw Diggs under the bus like that. They seemed to be so close. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'm starting to think that maybe I wasn't too old to understand the context of what was going on with that goldarn Twitter machine.

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!
No, not too old to understand the context. But perhaps not old enough to just ignore it, as should be done with 99% of the twit-o-sphere. IOW "shut the fuck up, Stefon. You're under contract and we're not trading you. Not gonna show up? Fine. Pay me $200,000. Throw a fit? Fuck you, pay me. Not going to practice? Fuck you, pay me. 

And actually just typing that makes it sound ridiculous. Diggs has never been a locker room cancer. That's what bugs me. This would never have escalated to where everyone feared. I think everyone, including the Vikings overreacted about the whole thing. 

Maybe it's my own comment on our society in general. Where everything is disposable. TV on the fritz, you don't fix it, you buy a new one.  Marriage on the fritz, you don't work on it, you just get a new one. Same with wide receivers I guess. 

Now, I don't know to what extent the Vikings may have tried to work things out with Diggs, but what bothers me is that so many seemed to be personally offended by his tweets. Even the Vikings--if what they're saying about that last tweet is true, which would be ridiculous. Especially Zimmer in his tough guy rant. Yeah, I know we're talking about a GAME here. But that kind of taking things personal bullshit has no place in million dollar business decisions. 
former Viking players are coming out and saying they made the right move based on what they were hearing about Diggs from current players,  not sure your tough love approach was going to work and ultimately it would have escalated to the point that even you wouldnt want him around,  but the world knows by then what a basket case he had become and you get much less for him and had to deal with the bull shit for even longer.
Yeah, Tommy Kramer. Really surprised 'ol Tommy gun threw Diggs under the bus like that. They seemed to be so close. 
I have also heard Leber and Bersich talk on the situation as well as others.    IIRC Greeway said something a while back about it being more than just tweets as well.

you are a little hard to follow,  you say you agree that there is more to this than just the tweets that we know about,  but you then go off on how you would have handled it differently,  but how can you be so cock sure when you (nor I) know what all went on?

and as far as how close TK and Diggs were or werent, what does that have to do with how a disgruntled player is or isnt affecting a locker room?

From the players perspective, its a business.
But, us fans of the team, are well, fans of the team. We don't want to see our players, that we support through buying merchandise, tickets, or whatever, out there hinting, not so subtly, that they don't want to be here. It is a business to them, but it is a lot more than that to us. Football fans are passionate about their team. And to have a player. A star player at that. Crapping on it kind, of sucks. He had done that for quite awhile.

@"BarrNone55" said:

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

So, I should have ignored his tweets? Even though my interpretation was spot on?

Naw.

Well, since this is the new diva Diggs post, I'll put my opinion here.

Diggs didn't want to play with Cousins any more.  You can listen to the Vikings' talking head piece in PA and try to say it was because the Vikings are a rushing team, but that doesn't jive.  Let's look at some evidence.

Diggs was drafted by a running team, not a problem from Diggs for 3 years.  Then comes 2018, really the only year one would call the Vikings a passing team.  Both Diggs and Thielen start to have issues (also hadn't heard a peep from Thielen before this).  Both Diggs and Thielen continue their issues into 2019.

Diggs makes it clear he wants to be traded right after the Cousins extension gets announced.

But why stop there, let's check out the old Redskins' locker room in 2016.

"Kirk Cousins is not well liked by his wide receivers. Not at all. So the behind the scenes intel is they’re not big Kirk Cousins fans.”

“There is a consensus nationally that has been growing that Kirk Cousins not only shouldn’t be the guy long-term in Washington, but isn’t well liked,” said Schultz. “And you talk to people kind of around the league, and you start asking questions. His receivers, his playmakers — not only do they not like him, I don’t even know if they respect him. And that’s a real problem.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/washington....liked/amp/

Or here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportin...k00jb27uzs

So, I think it came down to Diggs or Cousins.  I personally would much rather have Diggs on the team then Cousins, but so be it.  It's the NFL and change is expected.

Good luck in Buffalo Diggs.  Thanks for all you did in a Vikings' uniform.

Replying to
Did you have to let the 12 year old girl who was previously writing your tweets go due to Covid-19

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

So, I should have ignored his tweets? Even though my interpretation was spot on?

Naw.
I wish everyone had. Still find it hard to believe that the Vikings ignored all trade talk until Diggs posted something about new beginnings. Like "oh, you BASTARD. Now you've done it. I'll show YOU new beginnings." There's an element of juvenility to this that I'm having trouble getting past. I get it on Diggs' side, but not the Vikings. 

@"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

Naw.
I wish everyone had. Still find it hard to believe that the Vikings ignored all trade talk until Diggs posted something about new beginnings. Like "oh, you BASTARD. Now you've done it. I'll show YOU new beginnings." There's an element of juvenility to this that I'm having trouble getting past. I get it on Diggs' side, but not the Vikings. 
I dont for a second believe that they werent looking to move him prior to that tweet.   you cant have a guy doing and saying what he was doing and not listen to offers.  I think Rick is just trying to pretend he had no interest and was blown away by the offer as some weak way of selling it to the fans.

I thought it has been reported that the Vikes and Bills were talking trade for Diggs last year but the Bills were not willing to go as high as we asked.  

Then a few weeks ago, after Diggs tweeted another cryptic "time for change" tweet the Bills came calling after reading the tweet and the trade happened rapidly because both teams already knew what each wanted.

Knowing now all the behind the scenes crap Diggs had been doing I say adios - good move by the organization to move on from a malcontent that was only going to get worse.  We got good value as well.  Reminds me of the Harvin situation although Harvin was a headcase and we got even better return value with him - IMO.    

Yup, they had talked trade parameters last year with the Bills.