Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs traded to Buffalo
Holy Hell and WTF?!!! 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Sad to see him leave but I don’t get why he was so pissy here.

But what a haul:

1st
5th
6th
2021 - 4th

Compared to what Houston got for Hopkins?

Now Spielman enters the draft:  

2 1sts
1 2nd
2 3rds
1 4th
2 5ths
2 6ths
7th

We can fill a lot of holes and freed up some cap space ...
Wait...you think we got enough for him? I keep hearing this. Folks, this is not the kind of return a receiver like Diggs should've gotten. 1st and a 3rd at minimum. Hell, Harvin drew a 1st and a 3rd. Diggs is WAY more valuable than Harvin was. 

didn't want to be here---adios MF

I'm kinda torn, because I loved his highlight moments...but honestly, he wasn't great at shaking good corners and was an increasing diva.  For every highlight moment he had, he also had a dumbass moment where he lost yards trying to juke defenders that didn't fall for his moves.

My main concern is that they find someone to take heat off of Thielen, which was arguably Diggs' best quality.

Dang phone is dinging and woke me up. We raked Buffalo over the coals!!!!  Its hard to replace top line talent but we traded a diva often injured dude who didnt want to be here for a haul.

This isnt quite a Walker type trade but we hit the jackpot!!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@SFVikeFan said:

But what a haul:

1st
5th
6th
2021 - 4th

2 1sts
1 2nd
2 3rds
1 4th
2 5ths
2 6ths
7th

Wait...you think we got enough for him? I keep hearing this. Folks, this is not the kind of return a receiver like Diggs should've gotten. 1st and a 3rd at minimum. Hell, Harvin drew a 1st and a 3rd. Diggs is WAY more valuable than Harvin was. 
I don't think it was enough, but he clearly didn't want to be here.  Kind of sad that it came to this, but it's not the Vikings fault.  They gave him a chance, developed him, paid him, and it still wasn't enough to satisfy him.

We got a first, 5th, 6th, and a 4th next year.  Good haul.  The Vikings now have plenty of ammo to move around and get who they want without sacrificing their draft.  We'll get a WR to replace Diggs...  this draft is loaded with good prospects.

@SFVikeFan said:

But what a haul:

1st
5th
6th
2021 - 4th

2 1sts
1 2nd
2 3rds
1 4th
2 5ths
2 6ths
7th

Absolutely we did.  Harvin could play RB and KR.  

1st, 5th and 6th and a 4th next year?  

Compare to Texans trade:  Deandre Hopkins and a 2020 4th rounder

They got a 2020 2nd round pick, a 2021 4th round pick and an injury prone RB with a $12 million salary cap hit 

Diggs netted more than Amari Cooper and Antonio Brown trades too.

Not shabby for flipping a 5th round investment,

We fleeced Buffalo IMO

Vikings just went from retooling to rebuilding. Love having another 1st rounder, but good luck trying to replace that kind of talent anywhere in the draft. 
They won't replace Diggs, but that doesn't mean the roster as a whole can't be better. Its a catch-22. The only good thing is that the Vikings have historically drafted well. They failed with an aging roster and this will allow them to inject the youth they need. I don't think this is a full tear-down rebuild (E.G Jacksonville) but more along the lines of what the Seahawks have done. 

I wonder what Thielen thinks about this...

So, do we use one of our 2 #1s on a wideout now? What about any free agent fits? Cap space is prohibitive.